ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Thompson

Honestly, as I said in the Alley, I have a very tough time understanding why someone with means and options would choose to attend OSU. Or even consider it. Hard for me to understand or respect such a choice should it occur. But let's wait and see how it plays out.

The “Fade for Cade” tanking scheme is a big deal to several NBA teams, including the Thunder. He’s drawn a lot of attention to OSU.

So 100% chance Thompson doesn’t pick Tulsa at noon today any believe Haith will win this recruiting battle with Osu? 😂
Haith hasn't won any recruiting battles with OSU. If Bryce decides to come to TU, he's doing so to stay closer to home so his parents can come to every game and to be the next TU legacy. I would say Shea has more to do with him coming than Haith does...if he decides to.

Reactions: astonmartin708
It’s really ludicrous that we lost out on him. If Frank had the program in a better spot we probably would have landed him. Instead he doesn’t see Tulsa as being a realistic place he could succeed... and to be honest it wouldn’t have surprised me if he did come and Frank somehow figured out a way to miss the tournament. Pritchards not going to save us. I’d bet $50 to the GHC that Holiman decommits before every playing a minute for TU. We’re an NIT team at best next year.

There is now a good chance that the continuing re-signings of Frank Haith will mean that we will match the NCAA drought we had between 2003 and 2014. If he doesn’t make it this season, whoever comes next will have to pull the program from the dumps and will probably miss for a few seasons too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsafanzz
It’s really ludicrous that we lost out on him. If Frank had the program in a better spot we probably would have landed him. Instead he doesn’t see Tulsa as being a realistic place he could succeed... and to be honest it wouldn’t have surprised me if he did come and Frank somehow figured out a way to miss the tournament. Pritchards not going to save us. I’d bet $50 to the GHC that Holiman decomits before every playing a minute for TU.
Yea he has an offer from Arizona.

What happens to Haith if he loses Mcalisters Holiman before the season and who was the lead recruiter on Holiman and Thompson both times. He may have left ku due to a nudging by self and how many times will he beat his old team ku try none it’s a step down.

It’s really ludicrous that we lost out on him. If Frank had the program in a better spot we probably would have landed him. Instead he doesn’t see Tulsa as being a realistic place he could succeed... and to be honest it wouldn’t have surprised me if he did come and Frank somehow figured out a way to miss the tournament. Pritchards not going to save us. I’d bet $50 to the GHC that Holiman decommits before every playing a minute for TU. We’re an NIT team at best next year.

There is now a good chance that the continuing re-signings of Frank Haith will mean that we will match the NCAA drought we had between 2003 and 2014. If he doesn’t make it this season, whoever comes next will have to pull the program from the dumps and will probably miss for a few seasons too.
You know one thing I will give Monty over Haith is that his teams play hard all of the time , yes there is a lot of frustration that happens with the offense but you can tell they play their butts off. It seems that Haiths teams only play hard every now and then

Since he chose to be an aggie. I guess they are the only one's that might care about his bball future. I myself could not care less!

Reactions: drboobay
You know one thing I will give Monty over Haith is that his teams play hard all of the time , yes there is a lot of frustration that happens with the offense but you can tell they play their butts off. It seems that Haiths teams only play hard every now and then
Monty’s teams also tend to love him as a coach. There are certain Haith favorites that do, but many choose to leave because they’re dissatisfied. And he forces too many from the program because of his own recruiting misses. Monty doesn’t do that to the same degree.

Such a f'king optimist are u.

On frank, somewhere else be melting .
Tired of hearing it, we are. Hrmmm…

Signed,
Profane Yoda

• Haha
Reactions: HuffyCane
I am curious, does anyone else think that Self recruited over Bryce and told him to hit the portal if he wanted quality minutes of playing time....
That’s what I was saying in an earlier post that self was nudging him into the portal.

Reactions: TU Sepp
I am curious, does anyone else think that Self recruited over Bryce and told him to hit the portal if he wanted quality minutes of playing time....

Looking at Self’s guard commitments I don’t see anyone jumping out as being able to outplay Bryce. They signed a 3* and 4*. Until the NCAA issue gets resolved I don’t believe Self will be able to recruit his usually classes. Can’t imagine he wanted to lose Bryce given his current situation.

Looking at Self’s guard commitments I don’t see anyone jumping out as being able to outplay Bryce. They signed a 3* and 4*. Until the NCAA issue gets resolved I don’t believe Self will be able to recruit his usually classes. Can’t imagine he wanted to lose Bryce given his current situation.

*Sigh*

That's why real coaches don't pay attention to stars. I am quite sure Bryce was recruited over. Those players coming in may have been lower rated but Self expected then to take Bryce's lunch money. Bryce really didn't seem to have the sort of defensive mentality Self prefers from his perimeter players.

You don't just leave KU the way this happened. Those sort of departures leave with a landing place already arranged. Not looking for the best spot that gives you an offer.

*Sigh*

That's why real coaches don't pay attention to stars. I am quite sure Bryce was recruited over. Those players coming in may have been lower rated but Self expected then to take Bryce's lunch money. Bryce really didn't seem to have the sort of defensive mentality Self prefers from his perimeter players.

You don't just leave KU the way this happened. Those sort of departures leave with a landing place already arranged. Not looking for the best spot that gives you an offer.

Let’s mark this thread. I will wager Bryce will be better next year than either of those two freshmen Self just signed. If I’m wrong then Bryce will have a hard time carving out PT with Anderson, Ice and Rondel Walker currently occupying the backcourt in Stillwater.

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
He is now irrelevant.

The only relevant thing is a new staff at TU.

I cannot believe we are at the place that I have committed to abandoning my season tickets kept since 1998 but here we are. It is a sad, difficult night.

Let’s mark this thread. I will wager Bryce will be better next year than either of those two freshmen Self just signed. If I’m wrong then Bryce will have a hard time carving out PT with Anderson, Ice and Rondel Walker currently occupying the backcourt in Stillwater.

To be fair, how about compare the 2 freshmen’s stats to Bryce’s freshman stats. Frosh year versus soph year isn’t a fair comparison.

To be fair, how about compare the 2 freshmen’s stats to Bryce’s freshman stats. Frosh year versus soph year isn’t a fair comparison.

That’s certainly a more fair comparison. I suggested a comparison of this upcoming year because the idea was floated that Self recruited over Bryce and he either saw the writing on the wall or was urged to leave. If that were the case then the freshmen being brought in should perform better this season than Bryce. Otherwise, they wouldn’t put him on the bench.

I agree with TU4ever2... I don't think Bryce is tough enough to play Self's defense.

People get way too worked up over this crap. I remember when we lost a highly recruited guard to SMU, we ended up signing Joiner instead, and it was all gloom and doom and “fire Haith”. That guy played one year at SMU, did nothing, and dropped out of sight while Joiner was solid for us for four years.

Everyone freaked out when KES picked the hogs over us and again the program is doomed, fire Haith. Then KES comes back and suddenly he’s a bum and doesn’t belong on the court.

We‘ve got some potentially excellent guards coming in this fall and a big time commitment for next year. The sky is not falling and I’m going to watch this new team develop and I’ll be watching every game next season. I’m hoping we are In a good holiday tournament next season so I can go and cheer them on in person.

He’ll be lucky to get significant playing time at Stoolwater.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT