ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Thompson

How is everyone feelin' about Ryan Matthews these days? Do we thinks he is talking to the campo or laundromats mafia across 11th street?

Fun fact... the guy defending Thompson on this play is Horne. You can also see Darien Jackson in the frame as well as Phipps. Not sure how to read into that, but it seems like we have some kids lobbying Thompson at least.

Horne got beat pretty bad.
Lol. At this stage in his career he’s essentially a Stretch 4, and one not particularly known for his on ball perimeter defense. In a real game it would have been Darien Jackson guarding Thompson. I don’t know how those teams were chosen or who is on Horne’s team but is seems unbalanced as hell. Jackson + Thompson + Phipps vs Horne and what looks like Phipp’s little brother(?) as well as another big who doesn’t know how to help lol.

I’m willing to bet Horne sank a couple of three’s on the other end though lol.

Last edited:
Lol. At this stage in his career he’s essentially a Stretch 4, and one not particularly known for his on ball perimeter defense. In a real game it would have been Darien Jackson guarding Thompson. I don’t know how those teams were chosen or who is on Horne’s team but is seems unbalanced as hell. Jackson + Thompson + Phipps vs Horne and what looks like Phipp’s little brother(?) as well as another big who doesn’t know how to help lol.

I’m willing to bet Horne sank a couple of three’s on the other end though lol.
This :crap: is kind of overrated. He did get burned but this is kind of a pickup game. These guys aren't playing high level pickup.

Friday is a good day for a TU decision. Yesterday was Zaven, maybe today Bryce.

Might as well bump this thread up there as almost certainly a decision has been made.

If not us somebody like Gonzaga would be a lot easier to swallow.

Really feeling MEH. Not looking good at all. Still not sure I understand the thinking of Bryce. TU has everything needed except big 5 and TV bright lights. He's been there done that and I would think being the king maker would be enticing.

7 day self ban for this nonsense is in order. What are you trying to do? Trigger millennials on here?

One cannot excuse this statement, but could you explain how you go lower than Houston?
They went to the final four. I think going from a team that has made the tournament several straight times and done well there, to a team that hasn’t would be a step down. No one wants it to be true... but sometimes you just have to face the facts.

Reactions: TU4ever2
They went to the final four. I think going from a team that has made the tournament several straight times and done well there, to a team that hasn’t would be a step down. No one wants it to be true... but sometimes you just have to face the facts.
It might be time to face the fact that TU has done a poor job of instructing our younger alumni on the evils inherent in the University of Houston. No manner of success can elevate them from the depths of their inferiority. Indeed their desire to succeed and willingness to pay people like Sampson and Holgorsen is clear evidence they fully grasp their lack of class and quality and they hope against hope that buying wins will trick the public into accepting that somehow they have redeemed themselves. You have been fooled. Turn away young padawan.

It might be time to face the fact that TU has done a poor job of instructing our younger alumni on the evils inherent in the University of Houston. No manner of success can elevate them from the depths of their inferiority. Indeed their desire to succeed and willingness to pay people like Sampson and Holgorsen is clear evidence they fully grasp their lack of class and quality and they hope against hope that buying wins will trick the public into accepting that somehow they have redeemed themselves. You have been fooled. Turn away young padawan.

Wichita can go to hell and Houston can go straight to hell.

Learn it, know it, live it.

Do we like and respect any of our current or former conference rivals?

A firm no to that.

The nicest I can muster is that Tulane seems irrelevant to me.

Hey Bryce, I’m hashtagging you. So in love with you. You’re amazeaballs. I think it’s weird you need to be coddled. Go TU! #OUis Kewl

Reactions: TUMU
When I was a kid we would “have” to go to Wichita occasionally to visit a relative of my Mom. My Dad would always say, “if the good Lord ever decides to give the earth an enema he will insert it in Wichita”.
So it may not be hell but you sure don’t want to go there either.

Apparently the US has several anal orifices where enemas could be given. I always thought the following belonged on the enema list - OKC, Houston, Port Arthur, Fresno to name a few.

Reactions: HuffyCane
When I was a kid we would “have” to go to Wichita occasionally to visit a relative of my Mom. My Dad would always say, “if the good Lord ever decides to give the earth an enema he will insert it in Wichita”.
So it may not be hell but you sure don’t want to go there either.

To me it’s Ft. Polk, La. never want to go close that place again!

Reactions: TU 1978 and TU1NNJ
Fresno is hell
Having been there, and having ended up in a motel where the coffee table was bolted to the floor, I agree.

Edit: Oh, and the check in lady was behind bullet proof glass. It was a classy stay in a classy town.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Ft. Polk, been there, Port Arthur lived across the big bridge for three years.

The main comparison is that Ft.Puke I made $104 a month and a ticket to VN, the pay at Port Arthur gives it the edge.

Reactions: TU 1978
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT