ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Thompson

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
Whether we had hired Rod Thompson or not, if KU offers, we would have almost zero chance of keeping him at home.

2020 guard Bryce Thompson looking forward to KU visit
Shay Wildeboor | Editor

qztvbv1bcgxosj7rxw7f

2020 guard Bryce Thompson is scheduled to visit Kansas later today
PrepHoops
Bryce Thompson, whose father, Rod Thompson, played for Bill Self at Tulsa, is scheduled to visit Kansas on Thursday.

During his senior year at Tulsa (1997-98), coached by current Kansas head coach Bill Self, Rod Thompson averaged 15 points (team high), pulled down 4.4 rebounds and dished out 3.8 assists per game.

Thompson, who played for Self just one season, led the Golden Hurricanes to an overall record of 19-12, including 9-5 in the WAC and a third-place finish in the Pacific Division.

On Thursday afternoon, Self and Thompson will reunite in Lawrence, as Bryce Thompson, the 6-foot-4, 160-pound shooting guard from Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa, Okla., and the son of Rod Thompson, is scheduled to unofficially visit the University of Kansas.

A member of the 2020 class, Thompson, who, in 28 games, averaged 11.3 points and 2.6 rebounds per game, has already received scholarship offers from DePaul, Houston, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Tulsa and Oral Roberts.

Later today, Rod Thompson will not only come face-to-face with his former college coach, but Thompson will reunite with the man who could potentially take on the same role with his son in the future.

Bryce Thompson
Shooting guard
RR: N/A
Booker T. Washington
Tulsa, OK
6'2" 160 lbs Class of 2020
UNDECIDED

RANK

-
POSITION

-
NATIONAL

-
STATE
On Wednesday evening, JayhawkSlant.com caught up with Bryce Thompson to talk about his upcoming visit to Kansas.

“I’m coming up to Kansas for a visit on Thursday and I can’t wait,” Thompson told JayhawkSlant.com. “My dad actually played for Coach Self at Tulsa for a year, so I know a lot about Coach Self. Of course, I’m really looking forward to the visit. Kansas is a great program with great history and Allen Fieldhouse is great.

“Coach Self and Coach (Norm Roberts) are great people,” he added. “I’m also really looking forward to the academic side of the University of Kansas. I’m excited to see things outside of basketball.

Corey Evans, Rivals.com National Basketball Analyst, had this to say about Thompson back in the spring.

Quote: (Kansas): “They are top of the line. I like the crowd, coach (Bill) Self, and just everything that they do.”

Prediction: Thompson has the makings of a Rivals150 prospect in the 2020 class and with even better upside to top it all off; seeing that his father played for Bill Self at Tulsa, if Kansas were to offer, it would be difficult to beat the Jayhawks at the end of the day.

Reactions: Bassmaster33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News