ADVERTISEMENT

Brin ran with the 1s while Smith was out

Accuracy has been the issue. The arm is a cannon.
He hadn't been as inaccurate as he was against OSU since he's been at Tulsa in my opinion. That was a lot of rust. He was missing easy throws that he didn't normally miss last season (when he wasn't pressured). I felt like last season a great deal of his inaccuracy was due to throwing the tougher intermediate stuff because he was constantly under attack in the backfield. Last Saturday, he had pretty good protection all game and he just flat out missed things.

If there's one glimmer of hope for the season, I think that's it... there's room for improvement on Smith's part from Saturday and that might make the difference in a couple of games considering how well our defense and our OL played. We're always going to have a coach who shoots us in the foot apparently, but the quality of the players on the field might be enough to overcome that if Smith can just make a few more accurate throws a game.

His accuracy was a constant issue of discussion at Baylor.

His accuracy was a constant issue of discussion at Baylor.
I'm not saying he's Drew Brees... he did actually have a higher completion percentage against OSU than he's typically averaged. The problem was that the 10 throws he missed were the really important ones (3rd down conversions, receivers running open to the endzone, halfbacks likely to pick up significant yardage....) add that to the fact that he was having to play behind the chains due to Monty... ugh....

the only thing that really bothers me about Zach is too many under thrown passes....do we have a qb coach who can correct that remains to be seen.
i also wish he had more speed for a qb run option....that's a gift that can't be coached.

on a side note....i ordered my TU gear for my 50th Homecoming Reunion.....it really sucks that i can't be there....someone yell really loud for me!!

:nukem: nuke covid 19

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT