ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology

The 'ol Lunardi doesn't really want to work that hard so he takes whatever team is listed as 1st place in the conference and plugs them in somewhere. He essentially is saying the AAC is only getting 3 teams in UNLESS SMU/WSU/Cincinnati don't win the conference championship.

Lunardi's brackets are lazy IMO. The fact that he has Louisville in (they are absolutely terrible) and Auburn in (also terrible) despite the fact that one or both may be ineligible due to the fact they've been paying players through a 3rd party. He also feels the need to have a certain number of teams from certain conferences to feed ESPNs narrative. More and more of the process of selection is actually controlled by ESPN in both football and basketball these days. UCF winning the Peach Bowl destroys their control of the narrative they're trying to create.

Lunardi's brackets are lazy IMO. The fact that he has Louisville in (they are absolutely terrible) and Auburn in (also terrible) despite the fact that one or both may be ineligible due to the fact they've been paying players through a 3rd party.

Both teams may be decided ineligible, as of now they are not. Neither team is terrible, in fact, Auburn will likely be a Top 25 team after this week.

Both teams may be decided ineligible, as of now they are not. Neither team is terrible, in fact, Auburn will likely be a Top 25 team after this week.
I will say my expanded knowledge of Auburn is limited, the one game I did see I wasn't impressed at all. I don't think the SEC is anything of any quality whatsoever outside of Kentucky and maybe South Carolina. They fatten up on crappy teams and then the overall mediocrity of the league shines through in conference play when they all beat one another. Instead of it being recognized as true mediocrity it gets spouted as league depth by the ESPN manipulators. If one of the AAC's middle tier teams (us, Temple, Tulane, UCF) beat Wichita State or Cincinnati, ESPN will spin it as those teams just not being as good as they were thought to be vs maybe giving us or Tulane some credit for being better than they thought. Maryland is another team in the bracket that is not as good as everyone is saying they are. Not by a long shot. (And Louisville is a shell of it's former self...they are not good. They lost by 30+ to Kentucky which is probably the weakest team they've had under Cal, IMO).

ESPN has stopped reporting and started pushing their own agenda in this and it's ridiculous. I can't remember the last time I watched Sportscenter and it's because they simply don't report scores and highlights anymore....instead let's breakdown every dribble and touch Steph Curry had last night.

I like the nightly recap on CBSSN although the analyst (blanking on his name) who is the one non-basketball guy is sort of creepy. CBSSN almost always makes sure to highlight one game the American, MWC and/or A-10.

I will say my expanded knowledge of Auburn is limited, the one game I did see I wasn't impressed at all. I don't think the SEC is anything of any quality whatsoever outside of Kentucky and maybe South Carolina. They fatten up on crappy teams and then the overall mediocrity of the league shines through in conference play when they all beat one another. Instead of it being recognized as true mediocrity it gets spouted as league depth by the ESPN manipulators. If one of the AAC's middle tier teams (us, Temple, Tulane, UCF) beat Wichita State or Cincinnati, ESPN will spin it as those teams just not being as good as they were thought to be vs maybe giving us or Tulane some credit for being better than they thought. Maryland is another team in the bracket that is not as good as everyone is saying they are. Not by a long shot. (And Louisville is a shell of it's former self...they are not good. They lost by 30+ to Kentucky which is probably the weakest team they've had under Cal, IMO).

ESPN has stopped reporting and started pushing their own agenda in this and it's ridiculous. I can't remember the last time I watched Sportscenter and it's because they simply don't report scores and highlights anymore....instead let's breakdown every dribble and touch Steph Curry had last night.

Excellent yet, :crap:ty take :(

The SEC is football, not basketball. Delusional writing at its best.

As for our seed, it's too low. We'll finish better than that when we're undefeated in conference play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT