ADVERTISEMENT

Boise St game thread

As good as our D was in the first half, it's been pretty undisciplined so far in the second. Need to lock it up and not let them get back in this

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Plus we have gone stone cold on the offense end. We have at least one of these every game

We have had it on cruise this entire half. They’ve cut 10 off the lead and we are playing slow. Never seen a team go into the stall at halftime. Joiner has been totally ineffective. Have liked Jackson and Jones

Poor defense, lead goes down. Better defense, lead goes back up... maybe we need to get a graph together

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Joiner hasn't had a good game tonight, like he has the flu

That is the first straight up man on drive I have ever seen Korita do!

They fouled us on 5 straight shots. No call on any of them. Then their center hooks our defender and goes in for a layup. Again no call. Then they touch our guy while he is dribbling and they call it !?!

Really complete game by Korita today. Confidence does wonders.

I think our man D has been pretty good today, but we've been almost all zone in the second half and it's been horrendous. Glad Boise is cold.

Reactions: I.I.
Good win for TU, nice bounce back from an ugly loss. Good effort all around

We were much quicker than BSU and that showed on defense and offense. Rachal and Igbanu with off nights and Hill, Jackson and Korita step up. I think Rachal missed more free throws tonight than he has the rest of the season combined. He’s usually deadly at the line. Nice win tonight, now we need to put another one together in Fayetteville.

Good win! Unfortunately we dropped that game against Arky St who got beotch slapped by Mo St tonight (23 point loss).

Observation: Last night we took a bunch of questionable shots and ended up making them. Several half floaters half layups that went in like Korita's and a number of turnaround fadeaway jumpers by Horne / Rachal. Not sure if those are the types of shots our team wants going forward... but you can't complain when everything you're putting up is going in.

Also, I'm ready to declare Igbanu snakebit this season. The only time I've seen this kind of thing was when Pat Birt was an important contributor during his junior year and then completely fell apart when he was asked to lead the team as a senior. Luckily we have other guys to step up.

Observation: Last night we took a bunch of questionable shots and ended up making them. Several half floaters half layups that went in like Korita's and a number of turnaround fadeaway jumpers by Horne / Rachal. Not sure if those are the types of shots our team wants going forward... but you can't complain when everything you're putting up is going in.

Also, I'm ready to declare Igbanu snakebit this season. The only time I've seen this kind of thing was when Pat Birt was an important contributor during his junior year and then completely fell apart when he was asked to lead the team as a senior. Luckily we have other guys to step up.
I actually thought the shots we were taking were decent shots. Most were in the paint and within the player's abilities. Our edge in paint points last night was tremendous. Our edge in bench points was tremendous.

As for Igbanu, he is pressing for some reason when he doesn't need to. He's got help and doesn't need to shoulder as much of the load as we maybe anticipated before the season.

I actually thought the shots we were taking were decent shots. Most were in the paint and within the player's abilities. Our edge in paint points last night was tremendous. Our edge in bench points was tremendous.

As for Igbanu, he is pressing for some reason when he doesn't need to. He's got help and doesn't need to shoulder as much of the load as we maybe anticipated before the season.

Igbanu doesn’t know what to do when he’s not double teamed and rarely acts quickly and go straight up. Otherwise, his pattern is easy to recognize thus, easy to defend.
Catch, pull the ball up, looked around and feel the defenders, dribble, fake, then go up.
He rarely recognizes the defense and is thinking too much.

Contested two point jumpers aren't good shots. If we don't hit some of those, it's a much closer game. Guys like Jackson and Hill did a good job of attacking the basket and getting paint touches, but Horne and Rachal settled. Horne almost always settles. When his shot is falling he's dangerous, I just wish he would stop settling for contested jumpers and attack the basket more. His 2Pt % is pretty low for a forward since he tends to try tough shots inside the arc. Rachal is usually better about attacking the basket than he was last night. He also had some trouble hitting free throws last night so I'm not to upset with his play. Moreso Horne.

Don't get me wrong. It was a great win. There's just some things to improve upon. I'm hoping the team learns not to be feast or famine. No excuse to lose to Ark St when you're capable of beating the wheels off of a decent Boise team.

Last edited:
Contested two point jumpers aren't good shots. If we don't hit some of those, it's a much closer game. Guys like Jackson and Hill did a good job of attacking the basket and getting paint touches, but Horne and Rachal settled. Horne almost always settles. When his shot is falling he's dangerous, I just wish he would stop settling for contested jumpers and attack the basket more. His 2Pt % is pretty low for a forward since he tends to try tough shots inside the arc. Rachal is usually better about attacking the basket than he was last night. He also had some trouble hitting free throws last night so I'm not to upset with his play. Moreso Horne.

Don't get me wrong. It was a great win. There's just some things to improve upon. I'm hoping the team learns not to be feast or famine. No excuse to lose to Ark St when you're capable of beating the wheels off of a decent Boise team.
Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. What a hypocritical criticism of the game. That was very similar to the reasons several people were saying about why we lost to Arkansas St. Logically they were the same. So you wouldn't accept it as an explanation for why we lost to a team we should have beat, but you use it to explain away a win.

Last edited:
Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. What a hypocritical criticism of the game. That was very similar to the reasons several people were saying about why we lost to Arkansas St. Logically they were the same. So you wouldn't accept it as an explanation for why we lost to a team we should have beat, but you use it to explain away a win.
Huh? You're kind of making my point. If we're taking bad shots and missing them one game and it causes us to lose.... then we're making them the next and it causes a blow out win.... maybe we should start searching for better shots to help guarantee wins? That's all I'm saying.

I'm not trying to explain away the win. Sometimes you're just "on". I'm not going to get mad at you taking a turnaround fadaway if you've just made your last 5 shots... but don't expect to do it next game when you've been clanking the rim all night.

I don't get why I'm not allowed to be happy with a performance while still thinking we have room to improve? I mean.... that's what I'd hope Haith is saying to the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT