ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Stoops.

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
Stoops is stepping down at OU. Not much details yet. I hope they don't try for Monty.

Holy cow...glad they moved on Riley quick so I didn't have to chew my nails for the next week wondering if Boren and Castiglione were going to hop on a plane and come kidnap Monty

Reactions: cmullinsTU
So who thinks Riley is going to be better than Stoops? Who thinks OU is going to have another championship somewhere in the next 4 or 5 years?

Texas hires Houstons coach. He takes recruits out from under bobs nose..

Joe mixon affair comes to light..

Non revenue sports winning more championships than him..

Aging coach with young competition..

I have talked with numerous big donors over cigars and scotch in Norman.. this comes as no surprise..

There were already rumors several months ago. I see reports of the retirement being abrupt and unexpected and I laugh. They didn't make a pre-announcement so it's abrupt.

Despite denials, Stoops in the past spoke openly of an inherited heart issue that killed his father at the same or near the same age. I suspect he got the nudge from family and physician some time ago. Now it makes sense that Riley got such a long, lucrative assistant contract.

So who thinks Riley is going to be better than Stoops? Who thinks OU is going to have another championship somewhere in the next 4 or 5 years?
Won't happen until Mike Stoops is gone. They need someone who can coach the defense. They continually talk about all the great defensive talent they have and they can't stop a runny nose right now.

I'm skeptical. I don't see much high level success from coaches who have came from the Mike Leach/Texas Tech coaching tree. Suppose we will see.

I'm skeptical. I don't see much high level success from coaches who have came from the Mike Leach/Texas Tech coaching tree. Suppose we will see.
I'm pretty much in agreement with you. I don't see them getting over the national championship hump. I can't see them competing with the Alabama's & Ohio St's. If they do I'll be slightly surprised.

There needs to be a Crisis Hotline for Gooner Nation complete with counselors, designated sympathizers, booze, etc. all dispatched at a moment's notice. Maybe OU could use some of that $120 mill In football revenue to finance it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT