ADVERTISEMENT

Black Helmets

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
Saw this on Twitter. Anyone know if they'll be wearing these today?

THOSE ARE BAD ASS!
CQ-RtwYUcAAKTEu.jpg

If you click on the guy who originally tweeted it. Says he volunteers with TU as an equipment guy...let's hope.

He is an alumnus, sat on the GHC board for awhile and may have even served as president one year. Also, his son was a student manager of the team while I was in school. if he put it out there then it's real. I just don't know if they're using it tonight or not.

Also, thanks for direct linking the image. Couldn't figure out how to do it from my phone.

I know his son as well. Got pretty involved in some hall government stuff when I was a hall director.

I'm thinking black helmets, red jerseys and gold pants.

I cannot see the image, all I see is this, [img}. Could you link to the twitter feed?

Hells bells, thanks for letting me know. Hopefully I'll be able to see them live and in person tonight.

I like the hell out of this uniform. I usually don't really care what they do or don't do with uniforms(other than if they use red as more than an accent/pinstripe color), but this I like.

Love the pants and love the helmets, don't love the blue jersey in the middle.

But overall, badass!

According to Mr Couri, the helmets and pants were a surprise to the team today. Very well received.

Pretty cool for them!

Crazy how varied our uniforms have been over the past 10 years...
I can't recall the last time I've seen actual gold anywhere on our uniforms...
I do like the chromium-gold helmets, those were a sharp addition. Get some gold back in those unis please. We're the GOLDEN hurricane.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Also, I loved listening to the coaches show and hearing Monty address the new unis and said specifically that it doesn't hurt that the visiting recruits loved the unis as well. ME, argument has now been settled by the coach himself.

Good Lord it's the uniforms. Let them wear what they want to wear. Enough with this crotchety "get off my porch" attitude about the uniforms.

I think black jersey and pants with the Tulsa scrip and numbers in a shinny Gold color with the Chromium Gold helmet would be a super sweet look!

Ya, I could see where the coaches were trying to go with that uni combo but it just didn't pop like it should. The gold helmets + black pants + a jersey with trim designed for the black would look cool. It does seem like Nike's been slacking in the last 2 years in relation to giving us new jersey designs.

Kind of looked like we went the cheap route by not buying a black jersey to go with it, would have been perfect with a primarily black jersey.

Kind of looked like we went the cheap route by not buying a black jersey to go with it, would have been perfect with a primarily black jersey.

BINGO! Black jersey with gold foil numbering and lettering, maybe some red trim around the numbers and letters would be sweet. Need to incorporate a hurricane flag...maybe a wide red stripe on the helmet with black squares making it look like the hurricane flags.

BINGO! Black jersey with gold foil numbering and lettering, maybe some red trim around the numbers and letters would be sweet. Need to incorporate a hurricane flag...maybe a wide red stripe on the helmet with black squares making it look like the hurricane flags.

Hey bla, don't steal my trademarked uni and add a stripe here and there so you can pass it off as your idea. :)

I've touted the all black look for a couple of years. The regular blue jerseys didn't quite fit with the black helmet/black pant look.

Reactions: jerandlaur
Crazy how varied our uniforms have been over the past 10 years...
I can't recall the last time I've seen actual gold anywhere on our uniforms...
I do like the chromium-gold helmets, those were a sharp addition. Get some gold back in those unis please. We're the GOLDEN hurricane.
They wore gold pants and gold helmets on several occasions last year. I hope your memory isn't fading that fast.

I'm still waiting for a charcoal gray uniform with blue lettering. Graphite gray helmet with the blue and red tulsa logo. That would be bada$$.

I agree.

The all Black with the Chrome Gold accents and the matching helmet is money. They could call it the Tulsa Driller version "Black Gold" uni.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT