ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Kopenski

COWBOYintheUK

I.T.S. University President
Sep 15, 2001
Have not seen anything official, but he is a DE from OSU and several are saying he has transferred to Tulsa. He did enter the portal......Hope you did grab him, he is a former walkon, one of those guy who if he was 3 inches taller everyone would have recruited him, he is around 6-0 255 and plays like he is mad at everyone, one of my favorite players. He felt he didn't fit our new defense. He was on scholarship last year at OSU and was a huge spark in a couple games, I think he could be all conference if he had a full time spot.........if he did transfer to Tulsa, congratulations, if not ....hope you enjoyed the story.......he was one of those great walk ons....hated to see him go!

Have not seen anything official, but he is a DE from OSU and several are saying he has transferred to Tulsa. He did enter the portal......Hope you did grab him, he is a former walkon, one of those guy who if he was 3 inches taller everyone would have recruited him, he is around 6-0 255 and plays like he is mad at everyone, one of my favorite players. He felt he didn't fit our new defense. He was on scholarship last year at OSU and was a huge spark in a couple games, I think he could be all conference if he had a full time spot.........if he did transfer to Tulsa, congratulations, if not ....hope you enjoyed the story.......he was one of those great walk ons....hated to see him go!
Sounds like a lighter version of Jaxon Player who, if he had hit 6'2" on the height would have been a P5 player coming out of HS for sure.

Cayden McFarland reported last night that he was transferring to Tulsa.

Cayden McFarland reported last night that he was transferring to Tulsa.
Tell you what , you picked up a great one......he came in last year, I think it was against Texas, it was a critical part of the game we needed a stop and we were struggling, he came in and got two sacks in a row, changed the whole game.....my favorite player on defense, was just a spark.......as i said, three inches taller and he would have been heavily recruited......I would honestly be surprised if he is not a full time starter and maybe all conference........glad he ended up with you guys

It was reported on Sunday by several outlets, including Pokes Report and The Blitz. There has been no confirmation by TU or Kopenski yet.
I see Ben is on the roster........he is going to light it up in the AAC.......he is a sack machine.......Aside from Braylin, he is the best of the OSU transfers to Tulsa,.......I really hated to see him go, he was on scholarship at OSU, just didn't feel like he fit in the new defense

I see Ben is on the roster........he is going to light it up in the AAC.......he is a sack machine.......Aside from Braylin, he is the best of the OSU transfers to Tulsa,.......I really hated to see him go, he was on scholarship at OSU, just didn't feel like he fit in the new defense
He was included in our Position Analysis article regarding defensive line last month.

We have solid players up and down the line. Nothing really flashy for the most part, as far as I can tell.

We’ve got a chance if:

1. We play as a team.
2. We can manage injuries.
3. Minimize penalties and play mistake free, clean, football.

Tall order.

We have solid players up and down the line. Nothing really flashy for the most part, as far as I can tell.

We’ve got a chance if:

1. We play as a team.
2. We can manage injuries.
3. Minimize penalties and play mistake free, clean, football.

Tall order.

Do we have enough players from Texas, lol?
Agree with your statement, though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Henry Kendall
Hopefully, they mess up OU pretty good.

I hope you guys beat ou like a step child

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT