ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball pre-season rankings

TUcandoit

I.T.S. Senior
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2011
Most rankings I have seen have put us as #7 or below. I thought we were going to be pretty darn good this year. Is AAC just going to be that good? Or does everyone else really underestimate this team?

AAC is gonna be great - top 4 or 5 conference imo.

Tulsa... .500 NIT at best.

Big boy basketball requires big time talent.

AAC is gonna be great - top 4 or 5 conference imo.

Tulsa... .500 NIT at best.

Big boy basketball requires big time talent.
If we go .500 with our non conference schedule, Haith needs to be gone. I'm not going to say if we will be good or bad yet. Part of me thinks it will be just like the end of last year, then another part of me thinks we could be pretty solid if we have a coach worth anything

Seriously? We replaced Birt, Atson, Battle and Edogi with Scott, Jeffries, Joiner and Jackson. Players like Igbanu and Korita have a year of experience under their belt and remember Taplin was just a sophomore last year and getting substantial playing time for the first time. I expect a tremendous improvement (although I’m disappointed about Magnay) and I expect us to finish in the upper half of the conference, most likely 4-6.

Seriously? We replaced Birt, Atson, Battle and Edogi with Scott, Jeffries, Joiner and Jackson. Players like Igbanu and Korita have a year of experience under their belt and remember Taplin was just a sophomore last year and getting substantial playing time for the first time. I expect a tremendous improvement (although I’m disappointed about Magnay) and I expect us to finish in the upper half of the conference, most likely 4-6.
I will consider it a good season if we beat the crap out of Oklahoma state, was up there last time when we beat them, and plan on being up there when we do it again this year

I went to the pregame scrimmage and I thought we looked better than expected athletically. What we need is to have the newcomers mature quickly and contribute immediately in the exhibition games. Then its just a matter of daily work habits and understanding everyone's role. What I think we will see is a little bit more defensive pressure from the full court and 3/4 court because of that quickness.

But I liked those three point shots we made in the scrimmage. That could be an equalizer come AAC season. That Scott kid from Charlotte looked like a steady 3 point threat and isn't afraid to drive. I think we'll be fine, but yes, this league will be tough with at least 3 to 5 legit "possible" NCAA teams. WSU and Cincy look like tourney shoe ins. I think UCONN with their talent will mature to the point they become a top league team and be tourney worthy and UCF will continue their improvement from a good NIT showing last year. We'll see where all this leads. But its going to be a fun and tough conference imo.

Reactions: TUcandoit
AAC media days for basketball begin tomorrow. The basketball twitter handle tweeted some media day photos of Taplin and Etou for the AAC media stuff. I love the new threads Adidas hooked us up with. The gold on the collar is

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT