ADVERTISEMENT

Bargfeldt

softballdad1985

I.T.S. Freshman
May 10, 2015
I saw that Kate Myers transferred out so I asked around some folks that would know and I learned that the many members of the team call him Mr. Negative, that he picks favorites and is always beating down many members of the team. Theses folks who should know say he never gives positive reinforcement and isnt a good coach to play for. I predict more transfers after this year..they already got pounded by a average Wichita State team. Time for a coach than competes with Gasso...OSU hires a big time coach and we are stuck with Mr. Negative.

I think he has been pretty successful for a while at TU. It sounds like you just have personal problem with him. No need to air it out here.

I think he has been pretty successful for a while at TU. It sounds like you just have personal problem with him. No need to air it out here.

I dont the know the guy, passing along whats out there in the travel scene from people that ought to know...those folks said Myers' dream was to play for Tulsa and it quickly went south...who knows what the truth is..maybe somewhere in the middle. I do know that when you get beat by Wichita State pretty good it may be a long year.

I think one preseason softball game doesn't define an entire season. Just sayin brah.

Last season you were Mr. Negativity. This season hasn't even started and you are Mr. Negativity. I predict that softballdad1985 will get an even earlier start being Mr. Negativity for next season while we are in the playoffs.

Thats good..unfortunately for you I probably know more about softball thsn you..virtually no chance to make regionals..

Dude let the process play out. Personally at this point, I think you are a negative nitwit, and I know a lot about our softball program.

Great..so tell me superstar, you lost your 2 best hitters and most consistent pitcher...unless you have Ricketts and Chamberlain coming in there is very little chance of good season. I define a good season as at least a regional appearance. Im not negative, I am a realist and call it like I see it..you are obviously invested..probably a parent..sorry to hurt your feelings.

Still havent said how they are going to replace those 3 key players...it just doesnt happen...poor recruiting, Bargfeldt didnt capitalize on having the two best players in Tulsa history ( Barrett, Creger). They should have those players front and center on their website letting every recruit who visits that website know what they accomplished in the NPF. It is a staff that is comfortable not one that out works others. There isnt a reason we shouldnt be as good as that dump of a school ULL but we arent even close.

Why are you even sitting here if every single sentence you type is negativity? You taut being this softball mastermind but I do not see it. I grew up playing baseball, had a baseball scholarship to play in college which I turned down to come to TU. I have since coached my nieces softball team for the last 6 years. I am by no means a softball guru but I do have knowledge of the sport. You are mad because they lost in an exhibition. This is where they try to find out where a lot of players stand. Can they play the backup role? Should we move them from left side of field or to the right? What's her baserunning ability like, can she properly bunt against a pitcher she hasn't seen. You are not playing to win a game. You are playing to see where you need to tighten up and where you need to make major changes. Pitchers are not using the full arsenal of pitches. Will the be as good as some of the teams in the past? I don't think so but I do not have enough information right now to say that for certain. Watch them play an actual game. Let them get 3-4 under their belt. Then if there are some blaring holes to their game. Be a Mr. Negativity all you want. I will still think you are an ass but at least I will think you are an ass with a cause.

Blind loyalty.love it..who is going to replace those 3 from last year? Unlike you I know what I am talking about..truat me this team has issues.

No. I could careless where a coach played ball. He only has three years of actual college coaching experience and has never been the top assistant at a college program. Looked like a Plan C or D hire to me.

So a coach at OSU can out recruit TU? Name a sport where that wouldn't be true.

Softball is bad at OSU at least under the previous coach for the last few years...why cant Tulsa be as good as ULL??

I'm confused...you don't like the coach because he hurt some of the players' feelings?

I'm confused...you don't like the coach because he hurt some of the players' feelings?

No,
It is more like he went out of his way to bring Myers down, he played a player ahead of her that was a defensive liability when everyone knew Myers was the most error free 2nd base player. I dont care either way, I dont have a dog in the fight...I was just relaying information...I do wonder when he will get Tulsa to a super regional..I guess he better worry about getting to the NCAA first...

Seems like our softball team has had a history of being better than par. Just let the guy coach. He's brought in a lot of talent over the years from what I've seen.

Seems like our softball team has had a history of being better than par. Just let the guy coach. He's brought in a lot of talent over the years from what I've seen.

I havent seen them play..who are the best players or are there any new pitchers/players that can make a difference?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT