ADVERTISEMENT

Ah to be in Nashville

Meanwhile, the Clinton campaign is expected to spend $2.5 Billion or over $36 per vote in the 2018 presidential election. Going to be interesting to see where that dog and pony show goes to get that kind of dough.

Yep, they won't have the deep pockets like the Kochs who expect to put up more than a third of that number. How much will the Republicans spend when two guys alone put up that kind of dough? $40 per vote. $50?

Isn't it great that $ = speech? Very democratic.

Let's say that both sides put up about the same, so there's $5B invested. What return would donors expect on that kind of investment when the odds are about 50/50 of any return at all? If the money raised was from very, very, very diffuse sources, maybe we get counter balancing forces in play, but when single entities with economic interests to protect put up that kind of dough, where is the offset?

As I recall donations from the top ten industries will each exceed donations from the largest union.

Koch's 900 Million for 2016

Originally posted by URedskin54:
Is crying about the Koch Brothers still a thing?
The lieberals hate them because their accumulated wealth is the largest on earth - almost $86 Billion (Forbes). Gates is only worth $79 B. - and that Hungarian heathen George Soros is a distant 24 B. The lieberals like it when 'their" guy is the richest regardless of how they accululated their money like Soros did manipulating currency. I guess my question is why does the lieberal left like Soros so much? He should be everything they despise - just like the Kochs. But my favorite term this month - "enemy identification" applies. The left hasn't figured out they and the nation are much better off with the Kochs than wo them. Duh!
ohwell.r191677.gif

Originally posted by WATU2:
Whoa, they didn't even wait for the election.

So the rest of us cough up $269B?
Better Idea.... the Empire cuts spending by $269B and learns that the wealth belongs to the citizens.. not the Imperial govt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT