ADVERTISEMENT

AAC & Other Scores

Houston's throwing penalties all over the field, in desperation to not go scoreless in the first half.

I don’t think Montgomery calls the plays. Freeze has basically said “Montgomery calls it with my help” which to me says Freeze is really the play caller. Could be wrong though

Reactions: TU65alum
I don’t think Montgomery calls the plays. Freeze has basically said “Montgomery calls it with my help” which to me says Freeze is really the play caller. Could be wrong though
He went from being Bryles' errand boy, to Freeze's errand boy, with us in between.

From an article this morning reviewing the Auburn debacle,

It was the final time that Auburn’s defense did more than its part to bail out an offense that had one good drive the whole game and didn’t complete a pass for more than a quarter. Somehow, it pushed Auburn to a 14-10 win.
Cal had four drives that started on the Auburn half of the field, all four of which came off of some sort of Auburn offensive blunder, and only allowed 10 points. In a game where Auburn only had 94 passing yards. It lost the turnover battle — committing four of the game’s seven, yes seven, turnovers — and still won the game.

That’s because Auburn’s defense came up incredibly clutch when it desperately needed to. It forced three turnovers of its own.

“Cause we know Coach Roberts and Coach Montgomery and Coach Freeze, we know it’s going to hit at some point,” Harris said. “We just know we gotta keep going, keep going, keep going. We just trust our offense will have our back. When you got a coach like Coach Freeze, you know he’s gonna have our back so we wanted to just keep going for him.”

49-35, Georgia Southern over UAB.

Brin was 38 of 47 (81 percent) for 318 yards and 2 TDs.
He was a good quarterback. It was a shame that he and Braxton couldn't coexist. Most of that seemed to be on Braxton. His father didn't help the situation.

Reactions: TU 1978
It was on Braxton?
I edited a few minutes later, as I realized my language didn't say what I meant. Just now saw this comment, that seemed to be before I edited my language.

There seemed to be an animosity on Braxton's side because he felt he had won the battle on the field(between QB's) with Brin, and wasn't being treated as such. But I am taking some of my cues from his father's words, which might not show Braxton's feelings on the issue.

My understanding, and you could be right in reality, is Montgomery handles all week long preparation. During the game he makes most personnel decisions and calls all the plays which Freeze monitors and can change or insert suggestions. Inside two minutes, for logistical reasons, Freeze calls the plays. Basically Houston Nutt ego 2.0.

49-35, Georgia Southern over UAB.

Brin was 38 of 47 (81 percent) for 318 yards and 2 TDs.
You mean we did have a QB who could throw the ball here for the last 3 years? Someone should have told Monty that...maybe he could have saved his job. It's miraculous what a QB can do with WRs who can get open and an offensive line that can hold a block for more than 2 seconds.

My understanding, and you could be right in reality, is Montgomery handles all week long preparation. During the game he makes most personnel decisions and calls all the plays which Freeze monitors and can change or insert suggestions. Inside two minutes, for logistical reasons, Freeze calls the plays. Basically Houston Nutt ego 2.0.
Auburn's offense is something awful. Their OL is really bad...Dillon Wade got beat a ton and had some key penalties against him. Their QB might not be able to hit the broad side of the barn we like the mention. And most of the passes I saw before falling asleep were screens and flat passes to RBs (who knew Monty understood RBs were eligible receivers?) Auburn is going to get boat raced by the good SEC teams and Vandy might give them some problems as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT