ADVERTISEMENT

AAC All-Conference Awards

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Lucas and Derrick Alexander on the 2nd team, Dalton Parks honorable mention.

Um, how in the hell is Keevan Lucas not on the 1st team? Outside of Hardy was there another WR in the AAC as productive as Lucas? Lucas was 2nd leading WR in AAC in yards and # of catches and led the conference in TD receptions (11).

Alexander-good season and warranted recognition.

Parks- good, but inconsistent. Avg. 42 yds/punt and TU ranked 36th in nation in net punting avg (meaning good high punts, good coverage). Parks had a 67 yd punt vs. ECU and had some real stinkers against Tulane, Texas St. Has a big leg but his contact is inconsistent. Could be a fantastic punter w/ pro potential if he finds the consistency.

Maybe the number of drops? I'm grasping at straws here, Lucas should have been first team!

Breshad Perriman from UCF was the other WR who was selected 1st team. Season line 41 catches, 906 yds. Seems that he got rewarded for being in the right place at the right time on a hail mary that ECU botched the coverage on.

# 1 - Lucas deserved 1st team...............hopefully it'll make him work harder, I think there's more in his tank.

What's really sad, is nobody is bitching for 5 or 6 others players to be on the 1st team or any other team.

Mudoh is the only other guy who probably deserves some notice.

Lucas disappears in big games against top talent just like the rest of the offense. A first team guy in my mind will shine consistently against top talent. It gives him something to work towards next year and hopefully be the fuel for his fire.

Lucas had 61 more catches and 300+ yds over Perriman and that doesn't include Lucas' all purpose yards.

What's more amazing is Lucas had those stats on a team that was awful. Lucas probably could have had 200-300 yds more receiving because he is so good at YAC except he was too busy contorting himself to catch balls behind him, way over his head, etc.

10 rec, 84 yds, 1 TD - OU
9 rec, 109 yds, 1 TD - Temple
11 red, 120 yds, 0 TD - Memphis
14 rec, 97 yds, 0 TD - Houston
6 rec, 85 yds, 0 TD - ECU
11 rec, 160 yds, 1 TD - USF
13 rec, 233 yds, 3 TD - Tulane

These are just a few of his stat lines. The only game he disappeared in was UCF when we just got handled and Evans was 9/28 with 3 picks. The guy was deserving of being 1st team all-conference. He had 60 more catches, 313 more yards, and 2 more touchdowns than Perriman. He moved the chains more, produced more offense and put more points on the board. It isn't even close really.....
Originally posted by shon46:
Lucas disappears in big games against top talent just like the rest of the offense. A first team guy in my mind will shine consistently against top talent. It gives him something to work towards next year and hopefully be the fuel for his fire.

When you break the stats down by quarter production it can be deceiving. you see that many yards came after our team was down by a considerable amount of points and later in the game. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be recognized for his accomplishments but there is a difference scoring and getting YAC in the first and second quarter against the other teams #1 defense compared to the third and forth quarter when the scrubs were in the game.

When you break the stats down by quarter production it can be deceiving. you see that many yards came after our team was down by a considerable amount of points and later in the game. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be recognized for his accomplishments but there is a difference scoring and getting YAC in the first and second quarter against the other teams #1 defense compared to the third and forth quarter when the scrubs were in the game.
If you really wanted to dive that deep. Also dive into play calling, QB play(especially early in the year), and targets. Lucas performed at a high level all year. Numbers that good are not that inflated. Lucas played in a very basic offense and put up stellar numbers in just about every game. The numbers are the numbers....

The question was is Lucas a first team all conference performer. Being a former all conference player who played on a team with a similar record, you have to go over and beyond despite the other factors you mentioned. Compare Lucas to similar players of the past like Donald Shoals and Lucas is not as dynamic nor as polished. the answer is still no in my humble opinion.

The question was is Lucas a first team all conference performer. Being a former all conference player who played on a team with a similar record, you have to go over and beyond despite the other factors you mentioned. Compare Lucas to similar players of the past like Donald Shoals and Lucas is not as dynamic nor as polished. the answer is still no in my humble opinion.
I respect the opinion, and I do agree Shoals was an absolute stud, and was a much more polished receiver especially in terms of route running. But, I still feel like when you have 60 more catches, 300 more yards, and more TD's than the guy ranked ahead of him you deserve the nod and that is the argument.

I thought it said he was a Jr. My argument is he led the AAC in receiving TDs. I feel confident that the stupid Hail Mary vs ECU that landed in Perriman's lap ended up being the reason.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Loved Donald Shoals, but I'd take Lucas. Only a sophomore and more physical than any receiver I can remember at Tulsa. The route running has and will continue to improve.

This post was edited on 12/10 7:57 PM by URedskin54

Wow really pretty harsh

If he progresses, Lucas has a chance to become the all time leading receiver in Tulsa history.

Put up great numbers on crappy team with a very average OC and QB.

By far and away the best player on the team.

GO TU!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT