ADVERTISEMENT

A Bottom 10 Season - this is cathartic thread

JesseTU

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
We have skated on the edge of a listing all season, this, the last week wasn't looking good. Wyoming won. Georgia Southern won. Wait-lister Nevada won. By process of elimination, Tulsa was the next wait-lister slated for "promotion" to the list. But maybe, just maybe, we could avoid it.

10. Livin' on Tulsa Time (2-10)

UT, as in Tulsa, lost to TU, as in Temple, to go with its earlier losses against TU, as in Tulane, and UT, as in Toledo, meaning UT, as in Tulsa, ended up with a record in UT vs. TU/UT games of 0 and T, er, 3. Hey, y'all, there's still time to schedule an unofficial bowl game with UT, as in Tennessee, for a postseason Pillow Fight of the Year to determine, once and for all, 2017's worst UT.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ssee-volunteers-once-again-coveted-fifth-spot

Blast! They didn't even get our initials right, as in TU. Then again, hard to demand respect after 2-10.

Year 4 Monte. Year 3 is usually a great insight into how a coach is going to go at a new school. It did not go well. Get it together in year 4. And I'm not talking limping to a 4-6 season and claiming you were twice as good. Convince me we are headed in the right direction. Please, I'm cheering for you to do so.

Back on the Bottom 10 list. Damn.

Now commence whining and arguing about why. Call for everyone's head. Our coaching sucks, our recruiting sucks, our fans suck. The sky is falling. Lets get this over with, and then we can put our blue and gold glasses back on and go back to believing.

Meh - our actual fans don’t suck. Now the wishy washy dbags that claim to be fans but never show up - those are the folks that suck.

my view is that the insertion of Skipper was too late. While the offense soared at Toledo, in the crunch time, it didn't produce. And, Skipper could have beaten UNM. Flip those two games and the momentum was there to win other close ones.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
my view is that the insertion of Skipper was too late. While the offense soared at Toledo, in the crunch time, it didn't produce. And, Skipper could have beaten UNM. Flip those two games and the momentum was there to win other close ones.

I agree with this... we could very easily be 6-6 right now instead of 2-10. Not that 6-6 would be something to wet yourself with joy about, but it would be an acceptable ending to a rebuilding year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT