ADVERTISEMENT

2023 TU entering class

A little higher. But yeah, that’s the ball park.
That would be a huge gain to add that amount of students. I would love to see another 500-1,000 students at a game. It would be great to see. If we could finally get over the hump in basketball, it would finally be a nasty environment at the Don Rey.

It is somewhat interrelated, but OU is creating a polytechnic school hoping to become something similar to Purdue here.

There is a bigger push to get more research dollars to this side of the state because the west side gets all of it.

OSU continues to build out its health campus, and the addition of the VA hospital and psychiatric hospital could even allow TU to collaborate.

All of this helps promote the idea that this is an intellectual town. TU could be considered the leader of all these groups at the undergrad level and for some grad programs.

So I was there during the Big Dig...what a ****ing nightmare. The one thing I miss about Boston is the easy access to convenient public transportation. My son is under the impression he will get to take his car if he goes to school there and we're like HELL NO you aren't. The money I'll save in the additional insurance and the parking fees alone will pay for an annual Charlie Card to access the T, buses, and commuter rail. I hope he realizes how easy it is to get anywhere in Boston and Cambridge on the T. He can also get to his grandmother's house pretty easily using the commuter rail to the southcoast.

And I wish Tulsa had a 1/4 of the capacity and convenience with any sort of functional public transit system.
There is a bus rapid transit line coming to 11th that connects to the Peoria BRT. Soon.

It'll be just like the NY subway after that happens.
I have no idea whatsoever how to take this comment!

I do think it will make it fairly easy to get to Cherry Street, Brookside (including grocery stores), and downtown if you don't have a car.

I have no idea whatsoever how to take this comment!

I do think it will make it fairly easy to get to Cherry Street, Brookside (including grocery stores), and downtown if you don't have a car.
I was just adding a little facetious/sarcastic humor about what it would do overall to our transit system, which is not much.

But seriously, it does improve our Transit System incrementally, with easy access to Cherry St/Brookside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT