Tax Guy

I.T.S. Sophomore
Dec 5, 2003
Tuesday @ Home
Missouri State 5:00
Missouri State is 12-10 including losing to Wichita State twice 1-3 and 6-7

Wednesday @Home
Illinois State 5:00
Illinois state is 9-16 on the season including losing to USF 0-3; Texas State 1-2 (Tulsa lost to Texas State 1-6);McNeese State 5-7 (10) (Tulsa lost 3-6) and beat Florida Atlantic 4-3 (9) (Tulsa beat Florida Atlantic 1-0)

Weekend in Fayetteville
Friday

Game 1 Omaha 9:30 AM
Game 2 Iowa State Noon
Saturday
Game 3 Iowa State 9:30 AM
Game 4 Saint Francis 2:30 PM
No Sunday games.
Going to Arkansas without playing Arkansas?

Omaha is 12-14 on the season. No common opponents.
Iowa State is 13-12 on the season including beating Houston 4-1.
They play UT-Arlington Tuesday and 2 with North Texas on Wednesday. (I’ll try to remember to update)
St. Francis is 14-12 on the Season including beating UConn 4-3 and East Carolina twice 2-0 and 7-2. They also beat Drake 3-1 (Tulsa lost 2-7).

Update:
Iowa State beat UT-Arlington 2-1 (Tulsa won 11-3 (5) and 7-3) They split with UNT W 7-3 and L 6-9 (Tulsa won 4-3 (8))

Last edited:
it's a bust..no regional unless they win conference tournament..lots of stuff going on with this team...the one thing that is good is they like each other and have good team chemistry...liking and respecting who your coaches are is entirely different...really negative coaching staff at the top (head and assoc head)...Head Coach has taken this program as far as he can..he has done a tremendous job for a long time however its time to retire and get a positive young aggressive hitting head coach. At Tulsa's level you better be able to swing it and pitch, just pitching and defense isnt enough because sometimes pitching wont be there..need to be more like UL. They will continue to play well against top teams because they will self motivate themselves but sometimes they play like they could care less and certainly the negativity and lack of positivity have a impact on many.

Tuesday’s Line L 7-6
Missouri State 7 Runs 12 Hits 0 Errors 13 LOB
Tulsa 6 Runs 8 Hits 2 Errors 5 LOB
Hitting:
Julia Hollingsworth was 2 for 3
Haley Meinen was 3 for 4 with an HR 3 RBI
Shelby Estocado and Sarah Briers both Doubled
Pitching:
Samantha Pochop 4.1 Innings 5 Runs 8 Hits 2 BB and 4 K
Haley Meinen (L) 1.1 Innings 2 Runs 1 ER 3 BB and 1 K
Madison Higley 1.1 Innings 0 Runs 1 Hit 1 BB and 2 K

Missouri scored 4 in the 5th inning. 3 on 2 separate errors and a HBP with bases loaded.

My spiel I tell my kids is:
Good Pitching allows you to be competitive. Unless pitching is solid it’s going to be a long day.
Hitting makes the game fun and why most come out to watch and play.
“Defense wins Championships” (Assuming the other 2 are working)

Last edited:
that's funny..lol...lots of stuff inside a program that folks would be interested in..how some players get treated versus others...how negative coaches are consistently..the "you suck" "you are awful" encouragement only goes so far..lol

Maybe your buddy's kid is spoiled. Point being, we don't really want to hear your 'inside information'. The source of this info(you) pretty much isn't respected on this board as being unbiased. You are just the mouthpiece of this kid.

the kid starts every game and its not one players thoughts ...you guys havent wondered why with 1 of the best players in the country (Watson) and 7 returning players they are so bad?

Last edited:
Wednesday’s Line W 6-1
Illinois State 1 Run 4 Hits 2 Errors 4 LOB
Tulsa 6 Runs 9 Hits 1 Error and 8 LOB
Hitting:
Julia Hollingsworth was 2 for 4 and had 2 Stolen Bases
Tori Stafford was 2 for 3 with a Double
Sarah Briers also Doubled
Rylie Spell had a HR
Pitching:
Emily Watson (W) 7 Innings 1 Runs 4 Hits 1 BB and 12 K

Ok, "knowing" things about how the girls feel about the coaches or whatever is one thing, but knowing how someone physically feels is just dumb. Just stop already. Im one of the few who haven't had a problem with your posts, but that just crosses the line absurdity

TU won both games on Friday at the Wooo Pig Classic. 8-0 versus Nebraska-Omaha, 7-1 over Iowa State.

Weekend Results 3-1
Friday
Game 1 W 8-0 (5)

Omaha 0 Runs 2 Hits 0 Errors 4 LOB
Tulsa 8 Runs 9 Hits 0 Errors 2 LOB
Hitting:
Shelby Estocado 2 for 3 with a Double 3 RBI
Tori Stafford 2 for 3 with a Double and a Triple 1 RBI
Sarah Briers 2 for 3 with a HR and 3 RBI
Haley Meinen also Doubled
Pitching:
Samantha Pochop (W) 5 Innings 0 Runs 0 2 Hits 1 BB and 8 K
Game 2 W 7-1
Tulsa 7 Runs 12 Hits 0 Errors
Iowa State 1 Run 10 Hits 0 Errors
Hitting:
Haley Meinen 2 for 3 with a HR 2 RBI
Tori Stafford 2 for 4 with a HR 4 RBI
Rylie Spell 2 for 4 with a HR 1 RBI
Julia Hollingsworth also Doubled
Pitching:
Emily Watson (W) 7 Innings 1 Run 10 Hits 1 BB and 8 K
Saturday
Game 3 L 1-12 (6)

Iowa State 12 Runs 14 Hits 0 Errors 6 LOB
Tulsa 1 Runs 3 Hits 3 Errors 4 LOB
Hitting:
Morgan Neal hit an HR
Pitching:
Samantha Pochop (L) 4 Innings 2 Runs 5 Hits 2 BB 1 K
Haley Meinen 1.1 Innings 5 Runs 4 ER 4 Hits 0 BB 0 K
Madison Higley .2 Innings 5 Runs 5 Hits 0 BB and 1 K
Game 4 W 4-0
Tulsa 4 Runs 7 Hits 0 Errors 6 LOB
Saint Francis 0 Runs 1 Hit 0 Errors 1 LOB
Hitting:
Morgan Neal was 2 for 4 with a Double
Shelby Estocado was 2 for 3 with a Double and a Triple
Pitching:
Emily Watson (W) 7 Innings 0 Runs 0 Hits 0 BB and 15 K

to get run ruled by Iowa Stat...that is pathetic...Bargfeldt needs to retire..He has been there a been there a long time and built a good program but as he has turned over the recruiting reigns to Crissy Strimple the recruiting has suffered..2 straight classes that doesn't have 1 decent freshmen and I submit they will be a total bust when it's all said and done..Strimple doesnt do anything..I believe she has been the hitting coach..well she is miserable at that...infield defense outside of 1 is garbage..Strimple needs to go coach rec league where she can't do more damage..

Isn't that pretty harsh for a staff who made it within one game of going to the college world series last season. A team at regionals which played the eventual national champion as well as anyone in the country.

Sandra Smith is new..girls love her..new volunteer..girls love him...JB is coaching differently..girls think he is retiring..if Crissy Strimple is hired look for multiple transfers...look at the last 2 freshmen position player classes that she has recruited..the best is hitting .250, most below .150 with 1 transfer out... most players neither like or respect her...JB is the sole person holding that program together..he is well respected

Last edited:
I love Tulsa fans..they are conditioned to lose and not believe the truth...kinda like your football team..basketball team..every team...the asst coach Strimple cannot recruit and cant coach..no scouting reports..no in game adjustments. no nothing..she is awful..look at stats of the last 2 recruiting classes...Bargfeldt recruited Hollingsworth..Estacado..Neal....Meinen and she walked on...

Truth hurts especially when it's factual coming from a source inside the program...ill leave you losers alone now...have fun not making a regional...but that loser coach Strimple will still be collecting a check when she shouldn't be coaching jr high bowling

Good riddance if you keep your word. Truth or not, we don't need your nasty attitude and all negative outlook on here. I don't buy your being honest, so much as just airing out some kids grievances. Your biases are evident and obvious by how quickly you ream the coaching staff with the slightest provocation, but don't say much when they are doing well.. She can transfer if she feels the need, or she can not transfer and get a good education. And a program that has been good for some time doesn't can it's coach this quick because a couple of kids aren't liking the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: TUcandoit
Truth hurts especially when it's factual coming from a source inside the program...ill leave you losers alone now...have fun not making a regional...but that loser coach Strimple will still be collecting a check when she shouldn't be coaching jr high bowling
Is this Aston?

My guess is your "inside source" is fictional, or a typical athlete that doesn't get playing time and is angry because they feel they are better then the others. But seeing how you have no proof of anything, I'll just believe your a troll from Houston here to annoy everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: TUcandoit
Softballdad was telling us how bad the team was last season all the up to making the regional final in Norman. Odd to have someone who is close to the program only post when things are either going bad or perceived to be going the wrong direction. I encourage anyone who has inside info to post. However, it does appear this poster has an overly negative view of a program which has been quite good of late.

It takes a lot for me not to like someone. I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and try to see their stance from their point of view. However, softball dad is just one nasty person! I have zero positive things to say about him and I truly hope he keeps his word and leaves. He has no inside information, he doesn't even understand the finer points of softball. Just listening to him talk about softball makes me cringe with all the misinformation he spouts. Good riddance is correct!

Reactions: tulsahurricane0530
98th in hitting...argue that...Hitting coach teaches level shoulders and swing down..thats 1970 hitting..Head Coach told a Dad keep listening to the Matt Lisle's of the world...hmmm Matt is now at South Carolina as a hitting coach and was leading sec in hitting..the fact is JB knows pitching except he keeps calling the same home run pitch and then tells the team after the game I didn't think big girls could hit a inside pitch...are u kidding me!! hello Chamberlain....he wins because they play in a bad conference and surprises a team here or there...in last yrs regional up by 2..OU leadoff hitter smokes a ball that a tired pitcher missed her spot by a foot..did he go visit? nope..next hitter bomb..did he go visit..nope...next hitter hit..did he go visit..nope...Romero bomb...series effectively over...keep drinking the kool aid Tulsa fans

Please don't. We don't care to hear it now, why would we care to hear it then.

All you are doing is bothering the fans on this board. God 1.5 years more of this Bozo. Wishful thinking on the 'leave you alone for now.' crap. The guy is probably an OU fan who we had the misfortune being 'friends' of the family for somebody who signed with us.

ok..no inside info..yeah right...in 1.5 yrs or when she leaves I will tell you clowns my inside source
Based on what you’ve said on this board over time, there’s only one player who seems like she could be the whiny, negative dugout cancer that you appear to know. I don’t know what’s worse, if you outed her or if it’s not her and you basically set someone else up. Seems like everyone would be better off if she could find somewhere else to go.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
i wouldn't out anyone...still can't address the facts and get over dislike of someone who bashes your great coaches..lol 98th in hitting..address that...4 or 5 players hitting below .250...address that...team underperforming with 7 returning starters and top 15 pitcher..address that...u won't because you are blind fans..dont demand winning...part of todays entitled trophy for everyone mentality..its a business and coaches should recruit and win at all costs within the rules and push the envelope like Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Florida and others....i get Tulsa wont be them ever but certainly can be ULL but not with the poor recruiting and the ever poorer hitting teaching..no player that has options wants to swing down and hit ground balls..those are outs

I thought you were gone snowflake. Melting on the boards since 2015. When you are shown the door, you throw a little whiny fit. I have no problem with you throwing your tantrum but just do it on the other side of that door we have shown you.

i wouldn't out anyone...still can't address the facts and get over dislike of someone who bashes your great coaches..lol 98th in hitting..address that...4 or 5 players hitting below .250...address that...team underperforming with 7 returning starters and top 15 pitcher..address that...u won't because you are blind fans..dont demand winning...part of todays entitled trophy for everyone mentality..its a business and coaches should recruit and win at all costs within the rules and push the envelope like Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Florida and others....i get Tulsa wont be them ever but certainly can be ULL but not with the poor recruiting and the ever poorer hitting teaching..no player that has options wants to swing down and hit ground balls..those are outs
You might not mean to our anyone but when you have your tantrums you say things. There aren’t a thousand people on or around the team. A little investigation limits the pool of candidates a lot. If she’s like you then I bet she’s a big part of the problem. She thinks she’s entitled to play because she’s always been hit patooty and isn’t that here, daddy always treats her like a queen who can do no wrong and now she’s not the center of attention and the family is lashing out. Can’t accept not being the center so complaIns and undermines the team - “fine if I don’t get to start, then I’ll take my ball and go home!” The irony of that person complaining about others feeling entitled because of the trophy culture is rich indeed.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
You might not mean to our anyone but when you have your tantrums you say things. There aren’t a thousand people on or around the team. A little investigation limits the pool of candidates a lot. If she’s like you then I bet she’s a big part of the problem. She thinks she’s entitled to play because she’s always been hit patooty and isn’t that here, daddy always treats her like a queen who can do no wrong and now she’s not the center of attention and the family is lashing out. Can’t accept not being the center so complaIns and undermines the team - “fine if I don’t get to start, then I’ll take my ball and go home!” The irony of that person complaining about others feeling entitled because of the trophy culture is rich indeed.

it's not as you say..starts nearly game...

it's not as you say..starts nearly game...
On the one hand, I hope you’re smart enough to be lying now to throw inquiring minds off the track. On the other hand, there are only 5 or 6 candidates which means if you’re lying then you’ll make people think that it’s one of the other players and given how nasty and unpleasant you make your player out to be, it would be terrible to unfairly pin that on an innocent person. Though I know the type that your player seems to be and I suspect that’s a main part of her social repertoire. We’ve all seen Mean Girls.

you are missing the premise which is the team gets along just fine..good chemistry amongst them...the hitters dont respect Strimple..she adds zero value to the team..no scouting reports. no help in games..teaches an outdated hitting philosophy (98th) in ncaa in hitting..not respected..pouts in the dugout..thats my argument...jb is a respected pitching guy..the new coach smith is well liked and respected..strimple is trash as a hitting coach..may be a good person but as a d1 top 40 program coach..trash

you are missing the premise which is the team gets along just fine..good chemistry amongst them...the hitters dont respect Strimple..she adds zero value to the team..no scouting reports. no help in games..teaches an outdated hitting philosophy (98th) in ncaa in hitting..not respected..pouts in the dugout..thats my argument...jb is a respected pitching guy..the new coach smith is well liked and respected..strimple is trash as a hitting coach..may be a good person but as a d1 top 40 program coach..trash
And if the players have an issue with one of the coaches, it is their job to go to the head coach and say they have a problem. Whether its her demeanor, her philosophy, whatever, they need to start adulting and say something about it. There's a way to do that without acting like a spoiled brat...but, in working with today's college students on a daily basis...the majority have no idea how to express themselves in such a manner that they don't come off as sniveling brats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT