ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Softball 2 at Home then 4 in Fayetteville

some have gone to him..he is too arrogant to admit a issue..example..leadoff hitter came in as slapper..they wanted her to swing away which she did until recently when she told them like it or not she is slapping...another hitter doesnt even listen to them..she listens to her brother ...jb told her they won't help her anymore...the point is they have zero respect for hitting coach...another player just listens to her Dad and now is hitting bombs and ignores coach...not a,great situation..rightly or wrong

Last edited:
some have gone to him..he is too arrogant to admit a issue..example..leadoff hitter came in as slapper..they wanted her to swing away which she did until recently when she told them like it or not she is slapping...another hitter doesnt even listen to them..she listens to her brother ...jb told her they won't help her anymore...the point is they have zero respect for hitting coach...another player just listens to her Dad and now is hitting bombs and ignores coach...not a,great situation..rightly or wrong
Sounds like she blames everything on someOne other than herself and her friends. I bet she eggs on and drives a lot of that insolence and insubordination. When I was a kid we had a useful tool to help with these issues. It was called a “mirror”. One would look into it and accept responsibility for your own actions rather than blaming it on everyone else. But as you say, she grew up in a trophy for everyone age And apparently never was forced to take responsibility for anything. Anyway the thing that seems clear is that a “recruiting over” would be in everyone’s best interests. I bet the team and coach dynamic would be 1000x better without the instigator. That’s usually how it works.

btw, as I said the team is close..its not 1 or 2 kids..its virtually every hitter who doesn't listen and multiple parents just not 1 or 2..more like 8 or 9

Sounds like she blames everything on someOne other than herself and her friends. I bet she eggs on and drives a lot of that insolence and insubordination. When I was a kid we had a useful tool to help with these issues. It was called a “mirror”. One would look into it and accept responsibility for your own actions rather than blaming it on everyone else. But as you say, she grew up in a trophy for everyone age And apparently never was forced to take responsibility for anything. Anyway the thing that seems clear is that a “recruiting over” would be in everyone’s best interests. I bet the team and coach dynamic would be 1000x better without the instigator. That’s usually how it works.

recruiting over...lolololol...have u seen the performance of last 2 classes since Strimple took over primary recruiting...awful

man...you can't bring yourself to admit you may be wrong can you...there may be an issue...
I’ve managed a lot of people and led a lot of teams. I can smell a bad apple from a mile away. Sometimes the team needs to be upgraded, sometimes things just get better when the bad apple is removed. But things will never get better with the bad apple there. You don’t know what you’ve got til that bad apple is gone.

btw, as I said the team is close..its not 1 or 2 kids..its virtually every hitter who doesn't listen and multiple parents just not 1 or 2..more like 8 or 9
This is what happens with bad apples. They sour everyone around them. Especially if they aren’t punished. There’s lots of research on this btw.

the difference is I know what's going on inside the program and you are blindly supporting coaches without knowing anything...there is a term for that but I won't use it

It is really hard to not see Matt Lisle. He is everywhere hawking his videos and preaching about launch angles.
Is he on to something new? Let’s look at the numbers.
South Carolina 37 Games 31-6 Overall/.282 AVG/ 203 Runs/ 259 Hits /47 Doubles /9 Triples/ 34 HRs/ 99 Walks /158 K
Tulsa 37 Games 23-14 Overall/.285 AVG/178 Runs /277 Hits /49 Doubles /9 Triples /20 HRs /110 Walks /129 K
They have scored 25 more runs with 14 more HRs in the same number of games w/ fewer at bats (973 to 919) and won 8 more games.
I think we can also agree Tulsa had an abysmal February, so let’s ignore that and just look at March.
March’s numbers:
South Carolina 19 Games/ 14-5/.279 Avg./98 Runs/133 Hits/22 Doubles/3 Triples/17 HRs/47 BB/82 K
Tulsa 22 Games/16-6/.319 Avg./123 Runs/184 Hits/34 Doubles/8 Triples/16 HRs/62 BB/64 K

Past that you have to get into scheduling and conference games. SC is 6-3 in SEC and Tulsa 3-3 in AAC.
But looking at the numbers if Tulsa sucks offensively, well so does SC and Matt Lisle.

SC has won more games overall but is that because of hitting philosophy?
Or is it their 3 pitchers ERAs of 1.47;1.69; and 1.94 equaling 1.69 as a team vs. Tulsa’s 2.65 as a team?
I’m leaning towards a disappointing first month and we’re improving.
All that doesn’t matter.
In making a Regional all that matters is the remaining conference games (plus Oklahoma in a couple of weeks) and the conference tourney.
We will see how that turns out. It still could go either way, Tulsa will need to continue to improve to prove themselves. SC in the SEC will make a Regional (maybe even host) even if they suck the rest of the season or not.

you forgot 1 thing they play sec teams...Lisle is well respected...Tulsa has zero chance to make a regional absent winning the tournament

the worse team in the SEC is better than the best team in the American..not close and dont tell me about UCF beating Florida..who cares..If anyone wants to wager any amount on a American getting to a super regional..ill take all u got

February was abysmal. No clutch hitting (can't say they weren't hitting with the LOB numbers from all of those games), Watson wasn't herself, and the other pitchers (Pochop and Meinen) were not very good and walking too many hitters.

March- hitting is better...they're getting the clutch hits with runners on base, and Watson is again pitching like she did last season and Pochop has contributed some quality innings as a starter. The sweep at the hands of UCF, while disappointing, is not as awful as anyone wants to think. Watson pitched extremely well and we just couldn't push the runs across. Last few games against OSU and ECU, we've plated a good number of runs. We'll be fine.

the worse team in the SEC is better than the best team in the American..not close and dont tell me about UCF beating Florida..who cares..If anyone wants to wager any amount on a American getting to a super regional..ill take all u got
I think you made the same bet last year. And Tulsa was as close to a super regional as you can get and the only team that really pushed OU at all in the NCAA tournament.

He's a troll that has nothing to do but get off on irritating people, or he's an idiot that thinks he can get a coach fired from a message board.

Maybe he is self promoting himself for coach. It seems he has a lot invested in this to go on and on bout how bad the team is for over two years.

Last edited:
the difference is I know what's going on inside the program and you are blindly supporting coaches without knowing anything...there is a term for that but I won't use it
There’s nothing as blinding as hate and anger. It will stop you from seeing what’s directly in front of your face. You might have access but you don’t have knowledge, you “know” what your emotions tell you, regardless of what’s really there. You and your player should leave TU. It’s not healthy to be as filled with anger and hate as you are.

I don't hate anyone...just information...yes, I agree the player should have left her Dad tried as hard as he could but free is free

Softball is not a head count sport. Each D1 school is allowed to split 12 full scholarships among as many or few as they have on the roster. Most schools carry 20 plus on a roster. Most of the time an ACE pitcher or 2 might get a 100% then the rest is split up between the other players and couple might be asked to walk on to earn a future spot. It has been said publicly that Tulsa carries around 18 to be able to offer each player a little more.

In my opinion, what kind of scholarship money individual players get is beyond the business on this forum and you need to shut it.

there is such a thing as academic money...only person saying anything about athletic money is you..have a good day

Talk on a sports related board is implied to be athletic unless specifically said not to be. So yes you did imply that someone was getting full ride softball $ then complaining about it.
Yes, scholarships stack.
Either way this isn't the place for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT