ADVERTISEMENT

2/7 AAC games

TUBballJunkie

I.T.S. University President
Mar 16, 2003
Just flipped on Temple v Memphis.

Memphis up 15 late first half at home. What's up with Temple??

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
Just flipped on Temple v Memphis.

Memphis up 15 late first half at home. What's up with Temple??
Memphis can be a lot better than people think. If their chemistry clicks, they have the talent to win.

Temple relies on their defense to win games, but they have no answer for Nichols and Goodwin. Goodwin has 17 rebounds at the half.

Memphis fans have said multiple times their team doesn't play well for 2 halves... Starting to look like the case in this game here Temple with a 9-0 run.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Memphis has zero guards. Their point guard is as bad as that Oompa Loompa who used to play for SMU. Temple may have the best guard in the league.

Originally posted by Gold*:
Memphis has zero guards. Their point guard is as bad as that Oompa Loompa who used to play for SMU. Temple may have the best guard in the league.
Both our guards have an edge on anyone Temple has IMO.

It's amazing how bad Memphis guards are. Pookie Powell is the worst top 100 recruit I've ever seen.

Originally posted by youngblood223:

Both our guards have an edge on anyone Temple has IMO.
Cummings is really, really good. No shame in admitting that.

What's the deal with Nichols. How bad?

Memphis coaching....

ohwell.r191677.gif

If the Nichols ankle sprain is diagnosed as "high ankle", it could be a long recovery - 8 weeks or more.

Surely they will fire Pastner. I feel bad for them. He couldn't coach his way into an extra value meal at McD's.

Then again, he probably still gets the happy meal.
party0001.r191677.gif

Ozarkhick,

They're having their arena remodeled or something and playing at a HS in Dallas. Pretty terrible planning to upgrade their arena during the season.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Surely they will fire Pastner. I feel bad for them. He couldn't coach his way into an extra value meal at McD's.

Then again, he probably still gets the happy meal.
party0001.r191677.gif
lol, I think not...

25-10 NCAA Second Round

26-9 NCAA Second Round

31-5 NCAA Third Round

24-10 NCAA Third Round

106-34, 4 straight NCAAs (26.5 Ws per season)

I get we're having a down season...but I'm not worried. (see link)

http://memphis.247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketbal

I think of Memphis as more than a second round team. I guess you don't? If you're happy with a coach who acts like a child on the court and seems to have little control over his team, more power to you. The rest of us think you can do way better.

This post was edited on 2/8 10:54 AM by Gold*

That's good enough for you with the talent you have on your squads? Heck, you had a top five class in like 2013, no?

I can't complain about 4 straight NCAAs, 26.5 Ws per year, a perfect APR, players who graduate, and a coach who does things above board.

Moreover, do you want to buyout his 2.65 million per year contract that runs through 2019-20? do the math on that, we would have to pay him full price for each year.

I guess I'm crazy to think down years happen from time to time.

This post was edited on 2/8 11:06 AM by gomemphistigers1

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
Oh you're stuck with him. That makes more sense.
Yup...that contract, plus that signed class...gets him another year.

we won't tolerate back to back NITs, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT