ADVERTISEMENT

2/28 games

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
AAC
SMU vs Tulane - If Palm is right about record vs top 200 (and I'm not really convinced he is), the bottom 4 in this conference could end up hurting us (all are headed for 200+).
UConn vs Houston - Conversely, Houston's record (20-8) and RPI (87) have been a boon. We needed more teams in this range where a win helps and a loss doesn't really hurt.

OOC
Iona vs Canisius - 4-game winning streak has Iona right on the edge of the RPI top 100.
Oregon State vs Washington State - At this point, I think a bad Oregon State loss helps more than it hurts. Washington State is really bad.

Bubble teams
Seton Hall vs Xavier - Seton Hall is pretty safe at this point. A win over Xavier obviously solidifies that position.
Pittsburgh vs Duke - Pitt's in a similar position to Seton Hall.
Michigan @ Wisconsin - Wisconsin is tricky. I'd have them on the bubble thanks to some really bad losses. But they're safe for most people thanks to recent big wins. Meanwhile, Michigan is on the bubble despite no bad losses. Seems like whoever wins is safe for now and the loser is on the bubble. Both have one more shot at a big win next week.
USC @ Cal - USC has played their way onto the bubble by losing 4 of 5 and they're underdogs here.
St Joseph's vs St Louis - In light of Dayton's recent play, St Joe's is probably the best team in the A10 and they're headed for an 8 seed. Lots of similarities between the A10 and AAC this year.
Colorado vs Arizona State - Colorado is pretty safe after beating Arizona the other night.
Washington @ Oregon - And Washington is pretty much toast after picking up their 12th loss on Wednesday.

The AAC tourney could be crazy. Any of 5 teams could come out on top.

I'm pulling for Houston to get a home win against Cincinnati. I think that might lock up the #3 seed for Houston.

Maybe this will knock UCONN down and solidify our position. If Houston can beat UCONN they must be good and thus out win over them looks even better...at least that's how Lunardi will look at it.

Lunardi will take the view that Houston was short handed when we beat them and discount that win :)

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Cincy has a tough final 2 games, @ Houston and SMU. (SMU's Final game of season )

UConn joins Cincy and Temple in the 51-60 range of RPI. As of right now, Wichita and SMU are our only top 50 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT