ADVERTISEMENT

2/19 games

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
OOC Opponents
Oral Roberts vs Denver - A win here basically cements ORU into the 100-150 range.
Iona @ Monmouth - Iona's another one stuck in the 100-150 purgatory. Perhaps just as important is Iona putting the final nail in Monmouth's bid thief chances.

Other bubble teams
Akron @ Kent State - Akron is 1 spot ahead of us in RPI and could climb as high as 25 by winning out. But they've also got only 1 top 100 win.
Richmond @ VCU - VCU is on tons of last 4 in lists.
Oakland @ Valparaiso - Valpo probably can't get high enough in RPI with their lack of big wins, but the other computers love these guys.

Iona (rpi #150) got a big win tonight @ Monmouth (rpi #37)
-the Gaels play @ Siena (92) next
ORU (139) won tonight vs Denver (212)
-the Eagles play @ Nebraska-Omaha (130) and @ S. Dakota St (44) next

I think the 2 teams that could help us most down the stretch are Ohio (76) and Wichita St (50). Besides 3 rpi #240 + teams, the Bobcats will play Buffalo (105) at home, and @ Akron (40). These are 2 opportunities to inch closer to the top 50.

Toughest remaining game for the Shock is home vs Illinois St (108). Need them to win out and win Arch Madness. I don't see them making the NCAA unless they win the MVC tourney. Hard to believe considering the talent they have. Wichita has only 1 top 50 win vs Utah (16).

Would also be nice if OK St (138) could steal some wins down the stretch. Don't see them winning @ OU or @ ISU, but they also play Texas Tech (27), West Virginia (11), and UT (22) all at Gallagher-Iba.

Obviously none of this matters if we don't take care of business.

Reactions: ctt8410
Yep, we jumped Akron and Monmouth. Princeton jumped us with their win over Yale.

Iona has a slim chance at finishing in the top 100, but they'll be underdogs at Siena. Still nice to see them win big at Monmouth. That's a good team that unfortunately had to play half their non-conference without their best player.

Reactions: Air_Raid918
Monmouth has some great OOC wins by Monmouth standards. Believe they have a wins over UCLA, Drexel, Notre Dame, USC, Georgetown, & Rutgers. Only questionable losses would be Canisius and Army. Nobody wants any part of them in March.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT