ADVERTISEMENT

108 TD's, 0 Scholarship Offers

tutailgator

I.T.S. Sophomore
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2006
Tulsa
I saw a headline on CNN this morning that read "108 TD's, 0 Scholarship Offers" and it peaked my interest. It is the story of a senior QB in New Mexico that has put up video game-like numbers and still hasnt gotten an scholly offer from anyone at any level. Oh, he is also 6'3, 200lbs with a 4.0 GPA. Oh, and his team just won the state championship and went 13-0. En route to winning the state title, Easton outdueled 4-star quarterback, fellow New Mexico native and Michigan commitment Zach Gentry http://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Gentry-30305 by throwing for 554 yards and three touchdowns in a 64-43 win over El Dorado in the state semifinals.

As it turns out (deeper into the article) Tulsa and Iowa St were the 2 most serious programs looking at him and the article claims TU coaches told him an offer was coming but then passed. I wonder if it was the current staff or the old staff? We obviously dont have room for another QB in this class, but thought it was interesting.

This post was edited on 1/29 8:40 AM by tutailgator

100 TD's, 0 Scholarship Offers

Originally posted by kcarzoli:
We almost offered him... Took hefley instead
That's what I gathered. There has to be a school out there that needs a kid like this. I guess a recruiter told him had he been in TX he would have 20 offers right now. Heck Rice or UTEP have to need a decent QB

Yeah I assumed it was previous staff and Hefley that cost him an offer. I am surprised no FCS schools have even offered. It was bleacher report so I always take their articles with a grain of salt anyway.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

hell....tell me about the receivers on that team!!!!!!

uzi.r191677.gif
nuke usf

I find it hard to imagine UNM or NMSU couldn't find an open scholly.

We have like 10 QBs on the roster now.

I'm surprised he has no offers at all. What about his receivers?

This post was edited on 1/30 3:09 PM by TU 1978

Probably just a buncha 5-foot-7 white guys who will play in the NFL one day. Keith Burns wouldn't be interested.

I guess since the Landry Jones fiasco that New Mexico QB's just aren't in that high of demand..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT