ADVERTISEMENT

1/28 games

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Should be quite a few blowouts tonight as 5 of the 8 games feature double-digit point spreads. With a win, Temple could nudge their way into the RPI top 50. We could also really use Houston and Creighton wins, but both teams are on 8+ game losing streaks.

6pm CT
SMU @ South Florida ESPNU
Temple @ UCF CBS College Sports

6:30pm
Texas Tech @ OU ESPNews

7pm
Rice @ Houston ESPN3
Missouri State @ Illinois State ESPN3
Wichita State vs. Loyola ESPN3

8pm
Memphis vs. ECU CBS College Sports
Creighton vs. St. John's Fox Sports 1

SMU's biggest weakness are the turnovers. Already 7 in the first 12 minutes.

Maybe it's just this game but I just don't see where SMU is really all that great. Moore is a really good player and that's where it stops for me. Not great of defense. I think Moore is going to struggle against Harrison or Woodard on the defensive end. SMU seems to shoot the ball pretty well, but they're doing it against a really bad team.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

There's no great teams in this conference, but SMU is pretty good.

Moreira and Kennedy are the best frontcourt in the league, in my opinion.

Kennedy is the one who was ineligible for academics to start the season right? Why do I have the feeling that SMU will be vacating the records from the last 3 yrs when it is all said and done?

SMU allowing USF to hang around too much. Moore has had an off night.

yeah, Kennedy missed all the fall semester games. Wouldn't have helped against Gonzaga, but they missed him against Indiana and Arkansas.

Temple just destroyed UCF. Up to 51 in the RPI. If they can get hot, they're still in play for an at-large thanks to that win over Kansas (who remains #1 in the RPI).

SMU is legit...They have a stable (good solid pun) of big men.

TU and SMU are successful in completely opposite ways...It will be an interesting matchup.

I think Shaq will be able to handle Moore. My concern is inside. I can see Kennedy either scoring at will or fouling out a couple of our bigs. We need to TCB against USF and Houston so the SMU matchup stays the important game it's looking to be.

Speaking of Kansas, why are they playing TCU in a high school gym in Ft. Worth? No, seriously, they are playing in a Ft. Worth ISD gym

Pretty good night. Only bad result was the Missouri State loss. TU at 40 in the RPI.

Originally posted by TU Hurricane Warning:
Because they are building a new gym I think or remodel.
Yes, its a remodel of Daniel Meyer Coliseum. They are playing in a large HS gym while the old facility on campus is under const.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT