ADVERTISEMENT

Zaven Collins 2 year Extension

Zaven is smart getting 11.5 mil of his 14 mil, 2-year contract guaranteed. Good, solid contract. Shows they want him there. Glad he wasn't one of the high paying salaries that most of it isn't guaranteed. The key in the NFL is to stick around and don't give the front office reasons to unload a too high paying contract.

Zaven is smart getting 11.5 mil of his 14 mil, 2-year contract guaranteed. Good, solid contract. Shows they want him there. Glad he wasn't one of the high paying salaries that most of it isn't guaranteed. The key in the NFL is to stick around and don't give the front office reasons to unload a too high paying contract.
Agreed, and I've got to believe that it's a feeling out on both sides. They hope he will develop into the player they believe he is and he's hoping that the consistency of staff and role will allow him to solidify what we all know him to be. He's had no stability with regards to what has been expected from him from season to season, being moved around as well as how he's been utilized within each of those moves. No change of role for this season to this point. He's smart, an athletic freak, and hungry so I expect this season to be a real turning point for him and put him in a strong position to negotiate a sizeable increase moving forward.

Agreed, and I've got to believe that it's a feeling out on both sides. They hope he will develop into the player they believe he is and he's hoping that the consistency of staff and role will allow him to solidify what we all know him to be. He's had no stability with regards to what has been expected from him from season to season, being moved around as well as how he's been utilized within each of those moves. No change of role for this season to this point. He's smart, an athletic freak, and hungry so I expect this season to be a real turning point for him and put him in a strong position to negotiate a sizeable increase moving forward.
Yes, consistency is a key. Give him his role, and let him play. He is incredibly smart. He will figure out what to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT