ADVERTISEMENT

WSU Game Thread

This team will be lucky to win 3 out of 5 in conference play, most likely 2 and 6...

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory once again. The mental toughness of this team is REALLY troubling. We show flashes of greatness, but we’re never really consistent enough to do anything with it.

This is a really tough time to be a TU supporter... crappy football and mediocre basketball.

The only positive I see is that the 3 guys that do seem to be mentally tough are underclassmen

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Need to recruit over half the team. Tell the others to hit the road along with the coaching staff and AD. Embarrassing.

Hewitt definitely does not seem like he was worth a scholarship at all. He seems completely useless

Hewitt definitely does not seem like he was worth a scholarship at all. He seems completely useless
I never understood signing Hewitt. He went to a nothing school, redshirted there, and then averaged 10 and 9 in juco. I can’t see what made frank think he’d be the answer to any basketball related question for us. Are we to the point that we just offer any tall kid and hope?

I never understood signing Hewitt. He went to a nothing school, redshirted there, and then
averaged 10 and 9 in juco. I can’t see what made frank think he’d be the answer to any
basketball related question for us. Are we to the point that we just offer any tall kid and
hope?

In this case, I'm afraid that's exactly what we did.....No realistic evaluation would have said
"sign this guy"......

I never understood signing Hewitt. He went to a nothing school, redshirted there, and then averaged 10 and 9 in juco. I can’t see what made frank think he’d be the answer to any basketball related question for us. Are we to the point that we just offer any tall kid and hope?
Martins was a no show, Korita hits a 3 then misses 2 free throws, Scott can't take care of the ball...so disappointing because this was a very, very winnable game . I do not understand how a basketball player could be so piss poor at free throws ...typically after practice every player must make one hundred before leaving the floor .

Definitely Barnes and Hewitt showing the D II ball. Jackson has some game but he is such a horrible shooter his limits will always be limited. That gives us 4 additional ships to play with. Let’s hope Haith friend at Tennessee can help scoot a couple real players our way

We better find a grad transfer or two because we likely get less talented next season with Jeffries graduating.

Next year will be a garbage year. It will either be Haith’s last year or the first rebuilding year for our next coach.

In this case, I'm afraid that's exactly what we did.....No realistic evaluation would have said
"sign this guy"......

Hewitt looks to be a basketball "Hail Mary" signing. The odd thing is that he doesn't look like an unathletic stiff.

We better find a grad transfer or two because we likely get less talented next season with Jeffries graduating.
Between Igbanu & Joiner making a small leap, Horne getting better, Jones hopefully being good, Jackson hopefully improving his shooting a little bit, Falokun making the large leap he probably will, Christopolous & Hill coming into the fold, and us adding 2 or 3 more players, I don't necessarily think we'll be worse. But being even steven is not good either. To be any better one or two of the 2 or 3 players we add had better be ready to perform. I don't see a massive drop off, but I don't see a massive improvement.

Of course the league will probably be better. Memphis, Cincy, USF, Uconn, and maybe ECU will probably be markedly better.

I was speaking more from an athleticism standpoint. Jeffries is the only “plus” athlete on the squad. I do think Horne will be good next season. He has a great set of offensive skills. Everyone else is somewhat limited. Some more than others.

So even though Jackson can't shoot the 3 or free throws when he was in we built an 8 point lead with his defense and driving abilities. Then took him out and left him out while WSU went on a 22-8 run....where the heck is the coaching!!!!

That is what is wrong with haith. Pulls players because they make a mistake even though they are playing well. The guy has no clue how to run a program. This is Graggs hire and he needs to go with haith.

Hard to play a guy down the stretch who shoots 20% from the line.

"sign this guy"......

When I first saw him in practice I thought....He certainly needs to redshirt and get stronger. But he had already redshirted. Oddly enough Falokun and Moore looked pretty good in preseason practice and when the lights came on were not game ready. I think signing kids that win Championships in High School has some merit. Especially those who have proven mental toughness and can play in pressure situations. Look at James Woodard as an example.

Reactions: seniorgolfer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT