ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Wright

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Apparently Willie is now working with the 2nd team at RT for the Browns. I apologize to Willie for bagging on him so much as a player here. I know he was a good guy and smart and all which is why I tried to leave my critiques to actual quality of play and never let things get personal.

I wish the best for Willie. He’s a good guy and will be a great ambassador for TU in the NFL

Reactions: quincy101
Apparently Willie is now working with the 2nd team at RT for the Browns. I apologize to Willie for bagging on him so much as a player here. I know he was a good guy and smart and all which is why I tried to leave my critiques to actual quality of play and never let things get personal.

I wish the best for Willie. He’s a good guy and will be a great ambassador for TU in the NFL
For as much hype and pre season attention our Oline received last year, many of them getting the hype didn’t live up to that for whatever reason. Hard to roll back criticism after the team performed so poorly last year. The adversity and criticism Wright faced in college can no doubt be fuel to help him make that roster. Give em hell Willie!

For as much hype and pre season attention our Oline received last year, many of them getting the hype didn’t live up to that for whatever reason. Hard to roll back criticism after the team performed so poorly last year. The adversity and criticism Wright faced in college can no doubt be fuel to help him make that roster. Give em hell Willie!
Well the guy WAS playing hurt and out of position. But yeah, it’s funny you mention this because I was reading some of the 2018 in game posts the other day looking for some info and saw one of BLA’s rants on Wright and had to smile.

As for Willie. He played all three spots along the line at TU. Something Dre did in the NFL. Methinks it may all work out for him.

Reactions: TU 1978
Well the guy WAS playing hurt and out of position. But yeah, it’s funny you mention this because I was reading some of the 2018 in game posts the other day looking for some info and saw one of BLA’s rants on Wright and had to smile.

As for Willie. He played all three spots along the line at TU. Something Dre did in the NFL. Methinks it may all work out for him.
Was probably a game Skipper/President was running for his life b/c of the pressure from the outside. I will say that the OL group works as hard as any I've seen since Bloesch took over and that will serve all of those guys well.

I've also come to learn that poor QB play/decision-making and poor, predictable play-calling will make a lot of things on offense look like they need to be fixed. We'll probably blame the OL for not opening holes if the running game doesn't click when the problem is 5 guys can't reasonably block 8.

Willie is still 2nd on CLE's depth chart for RG. At this point it looks like he will at least be on the 53 when the season starts. Chandler Miller is now listed as ATL's 3rd team center. That's an iffy spot to be in but may be worthy of a practice squad slot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT