ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State Game Thread

Quite fitting we end the game with no shot, turnover possessions.

Complete meltdown the last couple of minutes. Very upsetting to watch.

Threes didn’t hold up second half. They never do. Expect to lose mentality unfortunately. Pritchards dribble into traffic on last play looked like he did last year on last important possession. Griffin needed the ball.

Threes didn’t hold up second half. They never do. Expect to lose mentality unfortunately. Pritchards dribble into traffic on last play looked like he did last year on last important possession. Griffin needed the ball.
Griffin also choked though.

I should have known better than to get optimistic. Just leads to stress and disappointment with this group.

We need a Greg Harrington and a Ben Uzoh to go with the fall signees. Not so much to ask for, eh?
I looked up the game you went to at Wichita State on Dec 8, 2001. We won 82-76. Here is our roster under John Phillips.

Did the coach win or lose this game or was it the players:???????

Kevin Johnson
Greg Harrington
Dante Swanson
Antonio Reed
Jason Parker
Charlie Davis
Jarius Glenn

We need a Greg Harrington and a Ben Uzoh to go with the fall signees. Not so much to ask for, eh?
God a Ben Uzoh type would minimally meet our rim protector need, and maximally meet our rebounding and scoring guard needs. I would be so incredibly happy with a good PG and a Ben Uzoh type. I would scrap my desire for a 3rd player if we knew we had that.

I think that is what we are looking to sign in April if we can. But 100 other teams are doing the same.
We signed Hall despite our recent performance so I think the staff has some recruiting mojo.

Reactions: loca2874
I looked up the game you went to at Wichita State on Dec 8, 2001. We won 82-76. Here is our roster under John Phillips.

Did the coach win or lose this game or was it the players:???????

Kevin Johnson
Greg Harrington
Dante Swanson
Antonio Reed
Jason Parker
Charlie Davis
Jarius Glenn
Not one of those players was a Phillips recruit. All of them but Glenn were a Self recruit and Glenn was recruited by Buzzard Peterson.

Those of you who were involved in team sports with good teams know the feeling that winning is inevitable even if you are behind. It is the confluence of talent and confidence. It also makes playing fun and the hard work necessary bearable.

Losing is equally debilitating no matter the individual talents.

The second half of the Oregon State opening game was a killer to this team's confidence. It has never returned.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
LOL. yea, that's not why we are losing.
If you have ever coached a competitive team and taken them to the West Coast you would know that bonding, confidence and lack of confidence can all occur and be maintained for a long time, particularly the bonding of a young group.

That’s why I have been a huge proponent of the “ Foreign Canada or Bahamas trips “ that we are allowed every 4 years. Gragg would never let us go but maybe Konkol can persuade Rick for next year. It allows a bunch more practices too.

If you have ever coached a competitive team and taken them to the West Coast you would know that bonding, confidence and lack of confidence can all occur and be maintained for a long time, particularly the bonding of a young group.

That’s why I have been a huge proponent of the “ Foreign Canada or Bahamas trips “ that we are allowed every 4 years. Gragg would never let us go but maybe Konkol can persuade Rick for next year. It allows a bunch more practices too.
Get a couple more recruits, and next year would be the perfect time for this. Would give him a chance to use the talent & trip to turn this ship from the sideways orientation it currently has.

Reactions: drboobay
I saw some things from McWright in only the 3 minutes that he got that he ought to be playing a lot more. He made his only shot he needs to work on his handle. His defense looks pretty good. What do you all think?

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I saw some things from McWright in only the 3 minutes that he got that he ought to be playing a lot more. He made his only shot he needs to work on his handle. His defense looks pretty good. What do you all think?
I would have said Knight deserved the minutes until I looked at the stat sheet in comparison.(over the last 10 games.) Knight does some things better, but overall McWright looks superior.

Neither are good ball handlers. They probably didn’t have to handle in high school. Both need a lot of playing time for better evaluation as they show more in practice.

Knight hit two of his first three shots beyond the arc and looked good doing it but his deep ball has now gone astray. I’m hoping he gets his stroke back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT