ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita St Game Thread

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
We are 20 point underdogs :( I'm a bit nervous it won't be that close without Wheeler.

Sounds about right.

Will be watching from a Jacksonville hotel room. Hoping for a strong WiFi comnection.

Wichita St only beat Long Beach St by 37 in their last game. Long Beach St is the preseason favorite to win the Big West Conference this year. OMG.

The World doesn't have a TV outlet showing in the paper, just Bruce on the infamous; just Bruce on the infamous; constantly repeating; constantly repeating 99.5

The World doesn't have a TV outlet showing in the paper, just Bruce on the infamous; just Bruce on the infamous; constantly repeating; constantly repeating 99.5

This had me nervous, thankfully the game is on ESPN3. I'll still force myself to watch even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to be disappointed.

That's likely you're on the edge of the HD broadcast zone and have an HD receiver.
HD radio sucks but you can't find a decent receiver without it any more but there is a way to disable it.

It repeats and skips as it jumps to HD then off, then on, then off.
Entirely unlistenable.

Last edited:
ORU beat Wichita State in a pre-season game a couple of weeks back.

You guys should easily handle the Shockers. I'll say TU by 20.

What a troll - and you wonder why TU fans are not interested in visiting Mabee.

ORU reportedly (only) won a scrimmage - which means absolutely nothing - no one plays those for the record, but only for the experience. And, the results are supposed to be private.

You've already worn out your record. And, no TU won't win by 20, but may be able to lose by less than 20. Good luck to ORU if they had to play WSU in a real game.

What a troll - and you wonder why TU fans are not interested in visiting Mabee.

ORU reportedly (only) won a scrimmage - which means absolutely nothing - no one plays those for the record, but only for the experience. And, the results are supposed to be private.

You've already worn out your record. And, no TU won't win by 20, but may be able to lose by less than 20. Good luck to ORU if they had to play WSU in a real game.

So, TU fans don't want to support their team in a game at Mabee Center, because I joke around on the TU message board? Umm...ok?

Don't feed the trolls, especially this one who is still distraught because we destroyed his Memphis Tigers on Homecoming. Emotional eating is a severe health problem.

Don't feed the trolls, especially this one who is still distraught because we destroyed his Memphis Tigers on Homecoming. Emotional eating is a severe health problem.

Tru dat.

That darn TU running back is still running at Liberty Bowl stadium, I think. I'm not sure we could have stopped him if we let Tom the Tiger out of his cage...

I've always liked ole oruvoice. He needles, but does it with good intentions.

For whatever reason, Scott Sutton's teams should always be favored over TU.

It's go time. Hoping to see serious improvement from last game

Wait a minute.

Atson_Travis_16_1_WEB.jpg.ashx

e04b08c6a64d3b6a60825386b358a382.jpg

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Some tough foul calls on TU so far. Morris pushes down Taplin and Taplin gets the foul. Etou' sand Artisans were similar. We started out playing pretty good defense but looked a little lost before the TO. Can't hit the broad side of a barn again also. Hoping we do better soon.

Birt has barely hit rim this year. Even down 11 it seems like we're playing better

Birt stopped just shy of picking up an offensive foul when we had numbers but held up and dumped it off for the easy bucket.

Also nice little drive there from Korita!

Tulsa has played much better after the first time out and WSU has gone cold. Maybe there's a chance.

Igbanu is really mobile for a big man. He should be enjoyable to watch as the season progresses.

Yeah, we're not passing the ball around right now. Just jacking them up.

I think that's due to having so many young and players new to one another on the same team. Seem to really be struggling running sets and knowing where teammates should be.

First half positives : Birt is finally warming up. Magnay plays decent post defense.

Everyone on the team is showing something, I think it's just going to take some time to put it together.

Marshall is obviously a very good coach. His team runs a good offense & he makes good in-game adjustments. His post players know how to block out.

1st half positives?

- Birt playing tonight like he did in 2nd half of last season
- Korita is going to be a great G once he adjust to this level
- Magnay defense
- Igbanu continues to not play like a freshman

Negatives?
- Team shot selection
- No ball movement
- REBOUNDING: I'm an obnoxiously positive person but -16 makes it damn near impossible to beat any team, especially a transition team.
- Refs

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Getting absolutely pounded on the boards...I was hoping that would be a strength this year.

I feel for Edogi...his skillset is about the same as a couple of years ago. He's somewhat lost on the court.

Inexperienced halftime comment from Kim English on the radio broadcast. Stumbled around towards the end. Then blurted out 'We still think we're in this game.' in a really awkward way that didn't sound too convincing. The team needs a little work the same way as Kim's media comments do.

Getting absolutely pounded on the boards...I was hoping that would be a strength this year.

I feel for Edogi...his skillset is about the same as a couple of years ago. He's somewhat lost on the court.

The sad part, our post game was supposed to be our strongest part of the tea

Still sorting out who can contribute. Saw lots of Korita this half and his ballhandling was pretty good for a freshman guard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT