ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita game thread

Bad defense!
You don't go forward - you go straight up!

I swear Haith doesn't coach how to defend the outside shot. Get your feet into the other guy's footing.

I'll take down by 8 at half.

Joiner just has no confidence in his shot right now....and will NOT take the open mid range jumper.

The second fouls on Rachal and Joiner need to go to league. The Joiner call gave them two free throws. He didn’t foul the guy.

Joiner was fouled on last shot of half.

The officiating isn’t going to get better. It’s a road game. If we stop throwing the ball away we’re right there anyway

Well it’s a single digit deficit so it could be worse considering we were down 12 early. It sucks though that we got it to 3 then two questionable fouls on Joiner and two turnovers let them extend it.

Reactions: drboobay
They’ve had 5 dunks in a half. I don’t think we could have played a worse half. Maybe we can get our act together.

Have to make them beat us inside and cover shooters. For us- get the ball to the first team all conference player.

Reactions: Gold*
We are getting hosed in the officiating especially after that crap flop warning but allows Wichita State to do some flopping. We cut it to 3 and it’s back to 8 point difference. We need to come out rocking in the second half.

In both losses in Cincinnati and Houston we let them get a small lead at the end of the half and then let them both kill us in the second half

Ad I ha e said multiple timw, Tulsa needs 35% or better from three to win out. 30% wont cut it, their 38% is the 8 point lead

They’ve had 5 dunks in a half. I don’t think we could have played a worse half. Maybe we can get our act together.
Have faith in Haith the halftime corrections he will make are always brilliant and lead to comeback victories dues everyone agree

We do not look outclassed but we look sloppy and unfocused.

They also missed an obvious charge on Jaime.

Reactions: loca2874
Officiating is fine. I’ll take shooting more FTs on the road any day of the week. Refs are not the reason we’re down 8. Played one of our worst first halves of the season and we’re only down by single digits. Like our chances in the second half.

Have to make them beat us inside and cover shooters. For us- get the ball to the first team all conference player.

If we wanted to do that, why do we start Korita instead of Jackson?

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
We’re only down 1 on the boards and they made as many free throws as we did. Shooting is the difference.

Korita called for a foul that didn’t happen. This crew is bad together. Anticipation calls that don’t happen is another issue.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
I suspect the conference will be happy with tulsa loss. Need to get three in the NCAA

Good bye NCAA

Showed a clip earlier on CBS with committee sitting around watching Sunday afternoon games. They are not getting a favorable outlook from TU at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT