ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita game thread

This game proves we are not "there" yet. We have done some nice things this year despite our deficiencies. But we are a very fragile team.

Point of comparison is this. You would never expect to see Houston lose by 20+ in conference. We did so 3 times.

What did Jones do?

Something stupid I guess?

He is a bad basketball player who should never ever see court time. Using up a scholarship.

Haith does NOT utilize those scholarships wisely. He and the staff must recruit better. Been sayin' that for 5 years.

Would not surprise me to see Jones gone. He has contributed very little this year.

Did we just walk off as a team?
Wouldn't doubt it. We need to work on showing some class. I realize the team gets screwed by the front office a lot, but acts like that don't solve that, they just make us look bad.

Stevenson was as being a d1ck with the arm grab though.
Still dumb...

We should be smarter. Stevenson was running his mouth all game and doing cheap little stuff. The refs atrocious calls (we were hammered, they were fragile and we couldn't breathe on them) helped all lead to it. This team has to still learn that championship mentality. That's the last step. Good sign is Igbanu definitely has had it the last four or five games, he's a strong leader.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Hard to see a bright side Nevada.

Terrible way to end the weekend.
Ya gotta see the bright side or life ain’t worth living. I see this as setting up a new 3 game win streak, if not it might be a run to the NIT championship a year early. No matter what, in a year when most posters were predicting a losing record and we’re picked 10th in the league we’ve won 20+ games and get to hang a championship banner. Look at the big picture and don’t let one game get you down.

Also a shocker fan said it on the conference board, and I agree quite a bit. The 80's type rivalry is back between these two programs

Reactions: TulsaAM
After a game of constant physical contact with each other, during which every dude on the court's spit has probably gotten on your face, don't shake hands

I didn't say it made sense, it's just the mandate from the league

Rachal looks like he’s not shot a basketball in ages. In the lane, outside the lane. He’s a detriment on that end of the floor right now
I wasn’t able to watch the game , but Rachael started fading back on his shot since he returned from injury. I know players want to emulate NBA shooters but Brandon needs to go straight up on his shots and quit leaning back.

What did Jones do?

Something stupid I guess?

He is a bad basketball player who should never ever see court time. Using up a scholarship.

Haith does NOT utilize those scholarships wisely. He and the staff must recruit better. Been sayin' that for 5 years.
Horne and Rachael have been good additions for TU

We should be smarter. Stevenson was running his mouth all game and doing cheap little stuff. The refs atrocious calls (we were hammered, they were fragile and we couldn't breathe on them) helped all lead to it. This team has to still learn that championship mentality. That's the last step. Good sign is Igbanu definitely has had it the last four or five games, he's a strong leader.
Yes but this is his final year.

3 losses to top seeds in conference by 86 points... add in the uconn loss by 16.. and the ucf loss by 8 and thats 5 conference losses by 20 pts avg..

Bad basketball..

Scrappy team.. but we need shooters and size... this league is filled with big guys that can scorch the net and move on their feet..

Hopefully we get a home nit game.

3 losses to top seeds in conference by 86 points... add in the uconn loss by 16.. and the ucf loss by 8 and thats 5 conference losses by 20 pts avg..

Bad basketball..

Scrappy team.. but we need shooters and size... this league is filled with big guys that can scorch the net and move on their feet..

Unless we get some good wins in the tournament we will probably be a lower seed in the NIT

Well, I'm eating crow. Shot over 35% from three and we got hammered on the boards and out shot like we were a high school team

Showed a clip earlier on CBS with committee sitting around watching Sunday afternoon games. They are not getting a favorable outlook from TU at this point.
I hope they weren’t falling over laughing if we could have not played the game our net would have increased with a road forfeit I love tu but we were embarrassing many times this year I liked it when shocker fans were chanting at Tulsa people and Bruce said over the air we are champions and the shockers aren’t and they were 4 th in the league as a comeback lol

Last edited:

Bad basketball..

Definitely a team that punched above their weight this year. Picked 10th and finished 3rd. Need a tourney win, but that was always the case. We will get a crap NIT draw and it will be a road game, Don Rey has been empty for a long time now.

After a game of constant physical contact with each other, during which every dude on the court's spit has probably gotten on your face, don't shake hands
And when everyone’s hands have literally been touching the same ball all game.

Definitely a team that punched above their weight this year. Picked 10th and finished 3rd. Need a tourney win, but that was always the case. We will get a crap NIT draw and it will be a road game, Don Rey has been empty for a long time now.
Actually finished 1st in record regardless of rankings

Reactions: loca2874
I hope they weren’t falling over laughing if we could have not played the game our net would have increased with a road forfeit I love tu but we were embarrassing many times this year I liked it when shocker fans were chanting at Tulsa people and Bruce said over the air we are champions and the shockers aren’t and they were 4 th in the league as a comeback lol

dude, can you please type like a coherent human being?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT