ADVERTISEMENT

Where are they?

jerandlaur

I.T.S. Position Coach
Jan 11, 2007
Four years ago, at this time, every other thread was a “Fire Blankenship” thread. Where are the “Fire Monty” threads?

Blankenship went 8-5, 10-3, 3-9 and 2-10. Monty is at 6-7, 10-3, 2-10 and 1-2 with a terrible win over a FCS team. Can we just not afford the buy out?

Monty is in year two of a five-year contract that is a lot more expensive than Blankenship's. We gotta hope he can turn it around because TU can't afford to buy him out.

I wanted him gone last year. We wait for 2 more years at least of this crap.

His inability to recruit QBs and receivers is absolutely mystifying

Four years ago, at this time, every other thread was a “Fire Blankenship” thread. Where are the “Fire Monty” threads?

Blankenship went 8-5, 10-3, 3-9 and 2-10. Monty is at 6-7, 10-3, 2-10 and 1-2 with a terrible win over a FCS team. Can we just not afford the buy out?

Just curious, but what does it matter whether there’s a “fire xxx” thread or not?

Reactions: Chris Harmon
We have a fine QB and another guy waiting in the wings should we decide we really want to do something different.

Our receivers are questionable sure... more importantly, Bill took over a loaded team and squandered it when he got his own players. Monty took over a poor team and the jury is still out on this season. A 9 point loss to a decent Arkansas State team (where we were actually within a single score in the 4th quarter and had the ball) and a 7 point loss to Texas isn't anything to fire a coach over.

Here's a resume to fire:
1: 29 point loss to FAU
2: 3 OT loss to Texas State at home
3: 25 point loss at CSU
4: Blowing a 30(!) point lead on a bad USF team at home
5: Losing by 20 to Memphis who weren't really good yet
That all came a year after this
6: Losing by 32 to a terrible North Texas team
7: Losing by 27 to Bowling Green
8: Losing by 19 to UTSA(!)

I mean, at least Monty usually keeps us in games to some degree. We normally get pretty close to the spread or blow it up like we did in the case of Texas. Bill was losing so bad to schools we had no business losing to that it was as if he was just trying not to win by one point.

We have a fine QB and another guy waiting in the wings should we decide we really want to do something different.

Our receivers are questionable sure... more importantly, Bill took over a loaded team and squandered it when he got his own players. Monty took over a poor team and the jury is still out on this season. A 9 point loss to a decent Arkansas State team (where we were actually within a single score in the 4th quarter and had the ball) and a 7 point loss to Texas isn't anything to fire a coach over.

Here's a resume to fire:

I mean, at least Monty usually keeps us in games to some degree. We normally get pretty close to the spread or blow it up like we did in the case of Texas. Bill was losing so bad to schools we had no business losing to that it was as if he was just trying not to win by one point.

Umm. . . Just going to point out here, that bad team he took over? 6-7 and a bowl loss, 10-3 and a bowl win.

Monty's teams? 2-10 and 1-2 so far.

Against the spread last year he was terrible. So far this year he's 2-1 vs it. If he turns in another losing season and we don't fire him there will be blow back.

Blankenship was a Hurricane and had connections to most of the former lettermen. Monty took a junior QB developed by Blankenship and receivers recruited by Blankenship and won. Since then his bad play calling and lack of situational coaching has cost us.

His clock management vs UNM last year or the jet sweep for a safety call being two glaring examples.

We got spoiled with the era before Blankenship. Blankenship didn't impress. Still not sure Monty has done anything we couldn't have done with Bill. That record breaking offense Dane Evans senior year; who recruited the running backs, receivers, QB, and O-line?

Bill was never going to coach as good of an offense as Monty did. Never. I don’t care if you gave him prime Tom Brady and the Dallas Cowboy’s offensive line.

You’re not even done with a third of the season yet and you’re already screaming bloody murder. It’s ridiculous. Bill’s teams weren’t even competitive with terrible teams when they were retooling. At least Monty’s teams seem to be (and with decent teams too)

There’s a philosophical angle to this as well, but leaving that aside, Montgomery was and is a better option for us than Bill. No I’m not happy with what we’ve seen, but we don’t look completely and utterly inept like we did in Bills final years.

There’s a philosophical angle to this as well, but leaving that aside, Montgomery was and is a better option for us than Bill. No I’m not happy with what we’ve seen, but we don’t look completely and utterly inept like we did in Bills final years.
Win or be shown the door! Just from an economical standpoint, TU stands to loose way more money holding on to a coach that doesn't win than keeping a bad coach. Fans only fill the stands when you win and even then it is hard to get them to come especially when you have OU and OSU playing well against good teams. Nobody has asked my opinion but if they ever did........I said it before and I will say it again..............Montey is on the clock! The University needs to either get serious about the program or get out of the business!

Win or be shown the door! Just from an economical standpoint, TU stands to loose way more money holding on to a coach that doesn't win than keeping a bad coach. Fans only fill the stands when you win and even then it is hard to get them to come especially when you have OU and OSU playing well against good teams. Nobody has asked my opinion but if they ever did........I said it before and I will say it again..............Montey is on the clock! The University needs to either get serious about the program or get out of the business!

I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying. All I’m saying is we’re talking about two different levels of bad... Bill bad was hopeless and depressing. Montgomery bad has been missed opportunities and frustrating.

I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying. All I’m saying is we’re talking about two different levels of bad... Bill bad was hopeless and depressing. Montgomery bad has been missed opportunities and frustrating.

It's either about winning or it is not. We can not compare styles nor is it fair to say Bill couldn't produce on offense.
Bill's
2011~23 {8-5}
2012~30 {11-3} Cody Green
2013~98 Dane Evans is a Freshman {3-9}
2014~55 {2-10}
Monty's
2015~12 {6-7}
2016~4 . Dane Evans is a senior {10-3}
2017~41 {2-10}
2018~91* {1-2}

That's pretty equal.

Bill 24-27 two bowls, one 10 win season, one top 25 ranking.

Monty 19-22 two bowls, one 10 win season.

Reactions: TUGrad06
It's either about winning or it is not. We can not compare styles nor is it fair to say Bill couldn't produce on offense.
Bill's
2011~23 {8-5}
2012~30 {11-3} Cody Green
2013~98 Dane Evans is a Freshman {3-9}
2014~55 {2-10}
Monty's
2015~12 {6-7}
2016~4 . Dane Evans is a senior {10-3}
2017~41 {2-10}
2018~91* {1-2}

That's pretty equal.

Bill 24-27 two bowls, one 10 win season, one top 25 ranking.

Monty 19-22 two bowls, one 10 win season.

I was waiting for the bill defenders to chime in... let me be clear: I’m not happy with what I’ve seen with Montgomery. He needs to figure it out or move on (or be helped on). With that said, even though the records are equal-ish, the on-field performance does not seem to be as bad as it was in Bills last year.

I was unaware that pointing out facts you don't like was defending someone.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which is why the eye test is garbage. It may look like I have the flu and it's really Ebola. Luckily there is a way to check that.

Sorry I disagree that watching fumbles after big catches, false starts after big plays or before crucial 4th and shorts doesn't scream better. Or that using your time outs to try and ice the kicker instead of saving clock for your offense vs UNM is better than what ever was going on in 2014.

Just looking at the two statistically there is no difference. Looking at how their records and statistics have trended there is no difference.

I was unaware that pointing out facts you don't like was defending someone.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which is why the eye test is garbage. It may look like I have the flu and it's really Ebola. Luckily there is a way to check that.

Sorry I disagree that watching fumbles after big catches, false starts after big plays or before crucial 4th and shorts doesn't scream better. Or that using your time outs to try and ice the kicker instead of saving clock for your offense vs UNM is better than what ever was going on in 2014.

Just looking at the two statistically there is no difference. Looking at how their records and statistics have trended there is no difference.

Ok, friend. You win. Bring Bill back.

Ok, friend. You win. Bring Bill back.

Sometimes it's like pulling teeth with you.

This thread op asked where are the people who called for Bill's job.

Your reply was Monty is soooooo much better than Bill. I pointed out the op has a point because there is little difference between the two right now.

Your reply was oh here come the Bill defenders, my eye test says it's better than four years ago. I tell you the eye test is just bias and we have things that aren't bias we can use. Then gave an example of some atrocious "bad" on field coaching issues.

Your reply is to suggest something that no one was proposing.

The problem here is you don't like Blankenship, you do like Monty. That's fine, you can make that argument. You can't make the arguement that Monty is clearly better than Blankenship, the facts say they are virtually the same.

Which means the op has a point.

Your reply was Monty is soooooo much better than Bill. I pointed out the op has a point because there is little difference between the two right now.

Your reply was oh here come the Bill defenders, my eye test says it's better than four years ago. I tell you the eye test is just bias and we have things that aren't bias we can use. Then gave an example of some atrocious "bad" on field coaching issues.

The problem here is you don't like Blankenship, you do like Monty. That's fine, you can make that argument. You can't make the arguement that Monty is clearly better than Blankenship, the facts say they are virtually the same.

Relax, friend - we’re all on the same team. But I do appreciate the condescending tone. That’s swell.

To say they’re the same is to assume this team will finish at 2-10. Those of us who haven’t given up on this year’s team aren’t ready to assume that will happen. Now if we get 9 games in and it’s clear we’re heading for 2-10 it’ll be different. But I’m not prepared yet to make that assumption. Let’s let the guys have a chance before we denounce them as being as bad as Bill’s teams.

Reactions: TU4ever2

Here's a resume to fire:

Didn't have time a bit ago. But lots of revisionist history here to make Monty look better.

1) FAU, it was bad. At their place. They finished 3-9.

2) Sucks to lose at home, in 3OTs. Texas State was 7-5 but no bowl because of sucky cusa bowl deals.

3) Damn, 25 points, to CSU? On the road, SMH. Oh wait the CSU who went 10-3? Lost to Fiesta bowl bound #16 Boise by 13? Got upset at 10 win Air Force by 3? The CSU whose only other loss was to #24 Utah in a bowl? Yup that's awful.

4) USF, yup that one is FAU bad 4-8 and was at home.

5) Memphis, that wasn't that good? The one who won the AAC? Got 10 wins? Finished #25. You're right they weren't really that good. They were damn good.

6) Damn we lost to a sucky 9 win, Heart of Dallas bowl winning UNT. WTF!!

7) Bowling Green, we lost to 10-4 MAC champion Bowling Green? At their place???

8) UTSA, 7-5 doesn't look good. It's a winning record but...oh wait here are their 5 losses; #13 Cotton bowl bound Oklahoma St, 10-4 Rice, 10-4 Marshall, 8-5 Houston, 8-5 Arizona.

You picked two bad games and 6 other losses to winning teams. Many of whom had 10 win seasons and we're top 25 or receiving votes.

Keeping with the original post.

We lost to New Mexico, UConn, and Tulane last year. Including getting a 34 point drubbing from a 5-7 Tulane.

Reactions: JesseTU
To say they’re the same is to assume this team will finish at 2-10. Those of us who haven’t given up on this year’s team aren’t ready to assume that will happen. Now if we get 9 games in and it’s clear we’re heading for 2-10 it’ll be different. But I’m not prepared yet to make that assumption. Let’s let the guys have a chance before we denounce them as being as bad as Bill’s teams.

I agree, the premise of the post though is there was a group of posters who were demanding Bill be fired after the 3rd game of 2014. Where is this now?

First go read your post about Blankenship defenders.

Second whether on this board or others I see you routinely pull this crap. Don't talk sh*t don't get hit. You called out another Tulsa poster for putting up the article about the pay cuts on the AAC board and then ran off.

Third I assume (internet trolling and all) we cheer for the same team, that doesn't mean we are on the same team.

First go read your post about Blankenship defenders.

Second whether on this board or others I see you routinely pull this crap. Don't talk sh*t don't get hit. You called out another Tulsa poster for putting up the article about the pay cuts on the AAC board and then ran off.

Third I assume (internet trolling and all) we cheer for the same team, that doesn't mean we are on the same team.

I’m assuming this is directed towards me.

Ran off? I don’t go on the AAC board all that much anymore. It’s kind of ridiculous over there.

You see me “routinely” pull what crap? It sounds like you think you know me a little better than you do.

You are doing a fantastic job of being an Internet tough guy though. You’re awfully angry - I hope you find something that makes you happier soon!

I’m assuming this is directed towards me.

Ran off? I don’t go on the AAC board all that much anymore. It’s kind of ridiculous over there.

You see me “routinely” pull what crap? It sounds like you think you know me a little better than you do.

You are doing a fantastic job of being an Internet tough guy though. You’re awfully angry - I hope you find something that makes you happier soon!

So dismantling your argument and calling out your behavior is acting a tough guy?

You started the condescending attitude. Got upset when I gave it back and used facts and pointed out that you like to say something with out any back up and then run off.

Your quote from the Tulsa board, to a fellow Tulsa fan about an AAC board post:

"Good work stirring the pot over on the main board, friend. In case you haven’t noticed, we’re quite the hated bunch around here and we don’t need any help with that."

https://csnbbs.com/thread-854373.html

Make better posts, quit projecting. Personally I don't want to associate with the type of fandom you are displaying, one of the reasons I quit posting here.

Gold, hurricanedrummer, jester, huffy cane, ii, etc are great posters but their are few who rub people the wrong way and act surprised when they get called out. At least people like rabid and ashvid didn't play victim.

So dismantling your argument and calling out your behavior is acting a tough guy?

You started the condescending attitude. Got upset when I gave it back and used facts and pointed out that you like to say something with out any back up and then run off.

Your quote from the Tulsa board, to a fellow Tulsa fan about an AAC board post:

"Good work stirring the pot over on the main board, friend. In case you haven’t noticed, we’re quite the hated bunch around here and we don’t need any help with that."

https://csnbbs.com/thread-854373.html

Make better posts, quit projecting. Personally I don't want to associate with the type of fandom you are displaying, one of the reasons I quit posting here.

Gold, hurricanedrummer, jester, huffy cane, ii, etc are great posters but their are few who rub people the wrong way and act surprised when they get called out. At least people like rabid and ashvid didn't play victim.

Look guy, I appreciate what you think you’re doing, but you’ve got the wrong guy (or you think I’m something I’m not). I love TU through and through. I’m sorry you think I’m sort of atypical troll, but I’ve read these boards from before it was even rivals... I started posting over 10 years ago, so I don’t believe I’ve “run off” anywhere.

Just so we’re clear, you’re angry with me because I brought up bill? Or because I called someone out on the aac board for airing our dirty laundry? Or some other reason? If you’ve had such an issue with me, why all of the sudden is it a thing now?

I agree, the premise of the post though is there was a group of posters who were demanding Bill be fired after the 3rd game of 2014. Where is this now?
What difference does it make? Do you want people to email Bill and apologize? Or are you recruiting an army to go get Monty? I don’t see why this matters.

As I think back, I recall it was absolutely 100% clear at this point with Bill that he’d never get it done. For some reason it doesn’t quite feel that way with Monty. I don’t know what the difference is but it feels different. I didn’t know Bill or Monty fwiw.

Bill certainly did himself no favors by hiring so many family members. And after the first bad year when it was clear they needed new thinking on offense, hiring his woefully unqualified son as QB coach was like a “screw you, I’ll do what I want, I’m smarter than you” type move. He pretty much went all in at that point. Would have been Rocky level awesome if it had worked out but there was no safety net when it bombed.

Reactions: TU4ever2
TU4ever2 is just mad that he probably sits home all day spanking it to first take.

What a stupid freaking discussion. If anyone ever defends Bill for any part of his coaching job then you deserve a swift kick in the jimmy. Goldenhurricane2 is a dedicated fan and one of the more realistic on here. He’s called me out many times on my bs. TU4ever is either a bill relative or one of those people that spends their time attending high school games and events in owasso when you graduated a long time ago. Get a life dude.

I think it’s because Bill was so stubborn and so obviously wouldn’t change. He changed nothing from year 3 to year 4, and doubled down with his son. Imagine if Monty had President as the starter this year. That would be the equivalent to what Bill did. You can bet there’d be plenty of posts to fire him if that had happened.

Goldenhurricane2 is a dedicated fan and one of the more realistic on here.

I don't often agree with Pats, but bless his heart GH2 is one of the good guys here.

He did suggest once that I donate funds to the GHC that I was otherwise spending to watch my own kids play and perform, but I think we're passed that now.

Interesting thread.

I guess you can count me as one that wanted BB’s head. But, I never wanted him hired and as WD can attest, I was on record predicting his demise almost to the game.

I never wanted PM hired. He was a hall monitor at Baylor. He clung to Art Briles’ coat tail from his high school, to Houston, to Baylor... If he were the offensive genius behind Art Briles’ teams, then he would be coaching somewhere besides Tulsa.

That said he is our coach now, and for the near future. He needs to find himself an up and coming offensive genius to call the plays and then go back to doing what he does best.. being a hall monitor.

I don't often agree with Pats, but bless his heart GH2 is one of the good guys here.

He did suggest once that I donate funds to the GHC that I was otherwise spending to watch my own kids play and perform, but I think we're passed that now.

Thanks for the kind words - I’ve got an ice cold diet rite in the fridge for you [cheers]

Interesting thread.

I guess you can count me as one that wanted BB’s head. But, I never wanted him hired and as WD can attest, I was on record predicting his demise almost to the game.

I never wanted PM hired. He was a hall monitor at Baylor. He clung to Art Briles’ coat tail from his high school, to Houston, to Baylor... If he were the offensive genius behind Art Briles’ teams, then he would be coaching somewhere besides Tulsa.

That said he is our coach now, and for the near future. He needs to find himself an up and coming offensive genius to call the plays and then go back to doing what he does best.. being a hall monitor.

Fair assessment - it was interesting that we chose who we did with a few big names available (frost and Herman) also available.

BB lost me when he started the nepotism BS with his hires. I still think Monty has a chance to be a good coach. However, he must be able to recognize his shortcomings and make necessary changes....immediately. Monty has baggage....and that's probably good. Even if he does experience some success at TU the chances of other programs calling is lessened which in turn provides TU with the possibility longterm stability AND success we need. Monty being successful would be huge for our program.

Reactions: chito_and_leon

Some of us LOVE Blankenship as a person, he was just not an exceptional coach by anyone's imagination.

Monty's offense has performed better than anything Bill ever put on the field and it's because his scheme is better and it utilized our players in better ways.

Monty's problem has been our defense from day 1. Too many big plays given up, to the point I was calling for Bill Young's job last season. To his credit... he hired a new secondary coach, completely retooled the defense, and it's been giving opponents fits so far with very few home run plays given up. If our line performed 25% better, and we had a kicker that wasn't so afraid of the lights in Austin we would be 3-0 right now. In Bill's last years it was the entire offense and defense that were failing miserably (on separate occasions)

Look guy, I appreciate what you think you’re doing, but you’ve got the wrong guy (or you think I’m something I’m not). I love TU through and through. I’m sorry you think I’m sort of atypical troll, but I’ve read these boards from before it was even rivals... I started posting over 10 years ago, so I don’t believe I’ve “run off” anywhere.

Just so we’re clear, you’re angry with me because I brought up bill? Or because I called someone out on the aac board for airing our dirty laundry? Or some other reason? If you’ve had such an issue with me, why all of the sudden is it a thing now?

I call you out on stuff on the AAC board, but what do you know, you run off and dont read it.

And please man I know who you are. I have been posting here since the board was AZ's so since like late 1990s 2000ish. I followed the 2003 team through the internet boards in Australia. I was TU4ever till I lost my password and got locked out of an old email.

I was all over the AAC board under this name and here under this name since like 2010 or before.

For the last time quit projecting. I'm not mad. I posted a string of facts showing two virtually identical records on the two coaches in the op.

You called me a Blankenship defender because you didn't like what the facts said. I called you out. You didn't like it. I pointed out you have a pattern of doing this and playing victim.

I don't care about you either way. The op had some valid points. I added some facts to it and want to hear reasonable discussion on the differences of attitude, not rehash an argument you like.

No one is arguing for Blankenship back.

It is factually in accurate to say Monty has performed better than Blankenship on the offensive side of the ball or in victories as Tulsa's coach. It's basically equal.

Now go play victim with someone else.

Noble I think you just probably articulated the best argument for the difference.

I think the most avid BB haters look at it from lawpokes view though. Both explain why Blankenship was on a much hotter seat.

I call you out on stuff on the AAC board, but what do you know, you run off and dont read it.

And please man I know who you are. I have been posting here since the board was AZ's so since like late 1990s 2000ish. I followed the 2003 team through the internet boards in Australia. I was TU4ever till I lost my password and got locked out of an old email.

I was all over the AAC board under this name and here under this name since like 2010 or before.

For the last time quit projecting. I'm not mad. I posted a string of facts showing two virtually identical records on the two coaches in the op.

You called me a Blankenship defender because you didn't like what the facts said. I called you out. You didn't like it. I pointed out you have a pattern of doing this and playing victim.

I don't care about you either way. The op had some valid points. I added some facts to it and want to hear reasonable discussion on the differences of attitude, not rehash an argument you like.

No one is arguing for Blankenship back.

It is factually in accurate to say Monty has performed better than Blankenship on the offensive side of the ball or in victories as Tulsa's coach. It's basically equal.

Now go play victim with someone else.

Noble I think you just probably articulated the best argument for the difference.

I think the most avid BB haters look at it from lawpokes view though. Both explain why Blankenship was on a much hotter seat.

Cool. Well I hope you have a great week!

Some of us LOVE Blankenship as a person, he was just not an exceptional coach by anyone's imagination.

Monty's offense has performed better than anything Bill ever put on the field and it's because his scheme is better and it utilized our players in better ways.

Monty's problem has been our defense from day 1. Too many big plays given up, to the point I was calling for Bill Young's job last season. To his credit... he hired a new secondary coach, completely retooled the defense, and it's been giving opponents fits so far with very few home run plays given up. If our line performed 25% better, and we had a kicker that wasn't so afraid of the lights in Austin we would be 3-0 right now. In Bill's last years it was the entire offense and defense that were failing miserably (on separate occasions)

I can agree on the first part.

I disagree on two things. Monty's prowess as an offensive guru. Definitely hasn't shown that. The 10 win season was good but since we have had his players? Meh.

Monty had a solid defense his 10 win season. This year it looks solid again. His other two years have been horrible.

My problem with Monty is all in game mistakes, time management, dumb undisiplined penalties, turnovers and in general having a mental mistake every time we do something positive.

We once had a O-line that was so good they would freeze when we caught defenses jumping. A coach who knew that the winds changed after sunset at Skelly. I see none of that attention to detail or understanding with the current coach. It is costing a good team chances to win.

I can agree on the first part.

I disagree on two things. Monty's prowess as an offensive guru. Definitely hasn't shown that. The 10 win season was good but since we have had his players? Meh.

Monty had a solid defense his 10 win season. This year it looks solid again. His other two years have been horrible.

My problem with Monty is all in game mistakes, time management, dumb undisiplined penalties, turnovers and in general having a mental mistake every time we do something positive.

We once had a O-line that was so good they would freeze when we caught defenses jumping. A coach who knew that the winds changed after sunset at Skelly. I see none of that attention to detail or understanding with the current coach. It is costing a good team chances to win.
Bill? Is that you? Lol

Monty's 2015 and 2016 offenses were better than the best one Bill ever had. Look at their points per game and opponents' points per game allowed:

Monty got to 10 wins in 2016 with the 76th ranked defense in the country that was because we had the 7th ranked offense.

Bill had the 30th ranked O and the 35th ranked defense in the country in 2012... still managed to get beat by a 7-6 SMU team.

Then, Bill returned his entire offense from the year before and fell from 30 to 103rd. Even with how utterly terrible we were last year, our offense still finished 54th (~50 spots higher than Bill's 2013 debacle)

TU4ever2 is just mad that he probably sits home all day spanking it to first take.

What a stupid freaking discussion. If anyone ever defends Bill for any part of his coaching job then you deserve a swift kick in the jimmy. Goldenhurricane2 is a dedicated fan and one of the more realistic on here. He’s called me out many times on my bs. TU4ever is either a bill relative or one of those people that spends their time attending high school games and events in owasso when you graduated a long time ago. Get a life dude.

Do you have to work that hard at being stupid? I mean do you like train for it? Or is that all just natural talent?

Just for the record since you can't argue facts and want to get personal.

I went to Broken Arrow. Blankenship was the coach at Union. Not a fan. Really never go into Owasso, maybe was there a year ago.

I went to Tulsa. I worked for the athletic department and all before Bill was hired at TU. I literally have no connection to him.

I'm old enough to remember shea's freshman year. Old enough have been in the North Endzone stands for the "two programs going in different directions" game. I was one of the students who pulled down the goal posts at the UTEP game. I sat in the pouring rain with 300+ other fans against Rice and know that was how many because I counted. I sat through the rain vs TCU and LaDainian Tomlinson. I watched us shove a diving De'Angelo Williams out of bounds on fourth down against Memphis. Saw Paul Smith take us for a wild ride and always thought we could win every game.

I converted friends to Tulsa fans including Australians who still follow us now. Took my basketball teams I coached to TU games. Made my family in to Tulsa fans. Have 2 nephews and 2 nieces who have always been Tulsa fans and a 3rd nephew who will be as soon as his mom will let me take him to a game, pshhh 4 months is old enough.

The number of people in this world who can question my love for this university and it's programs are miniscule and most of them are former players. On this board? Catbird is gone, Tall Grass is gone. Dre can, not sure if Kevin Johnson's wife still posts, though she could and probably Gold. (Edit: Sorry Nevada I forgot you. You never would, but you could and I would just be like damn, Nevada said I was a bad fan) There may be a couple others I'm missing, but you're not even close to one of them.

I have cheered for the school since I learned it existed. I have attended this school, worked for this school, defended this school, I have sweat and bled for this school. I have grown our little group of fans where ever I have gone and supported it with my time and money even when I had neither.

In essence go ................ yourself patsfan

Last edited:
Reactions: sonofbird
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT