ADVERTISEMENT

What the H3ll is wrong with the Minneapolis Police?

I don’t claim to know what the answers are but I do know many of these cities should look at what occurred in Baltimore when the Mayor demanded the police back off their presence in that city.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I thought those comments were pretty well put together. Not much there to disagree with.
He seems to leave out the fact that we have significant problems with police brutality and that our justice system frequently overlooks and excuses crimes committed by police.

Moreover he inflated the roll of Antifa in the rioting as if they were some grand entity. They’re just a buzzword.

He seems to leave out the fact that we have significant problems with police brutality and that our justice system frequently overlooks and excuses crimes committed by police.

Moreover he inflated the roll of Antifa in the rioting as if they were some grand entity. They’re just a buzzword.
To me, it seemed he was responding to the matter at hand. It's obvious by his comments about Floyd that he recognizes police brutality is disgusting. I'm not sure how we've gotten to the point that if you leave something out or don't talk against a specific thing, then you are assumed to support it. That's not right at all.

And he did mention specifically a time that a local justice system overlooked and excused a crime committed by police against Rodney King.

As far as Antifa and the rioting, I personally don't care who is perpetrating that violence, looting, arson, theft, vandalism, etc. -- it's wrong and has to be dealt with like any other criminal activity. It diminishes the peaceful protests. I don't know much about radical left and radical right groups, but I know the extreme ideals all of them hold do not line up with the majority of folks that lean more toward the center, regardless of party.

There are some real sickos out there, but 99.9 percent of people are against police brutality. Our nation also has an over-riding violence problem in many areas, but not many are talking about that. For me, as a follower of Christ, I believe I'm here to make a difference where I can, and part of that is loving others and putting others before myself. I don't always do a good job of that, and I often fall short, but I care about human life, no matter the race, gender, etc. Everyone should be treated fairly and equal. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world and must combat against all kinds of evils.

No matter how one feels about Barr, I thought his comments were pretty on point and something everyone could agree on. But there will be those that will focus on what he didn't say, rather than what he did say, which is a slippery slope to go down.

The sad and perhaps most disappointing aspect of these protests / riots is the total disregard for the violence which affects the daily lives of urban black Americans. Why don’t their lives of quality of life matter? I fail to see how people can talk about systematic racism and not focus on the 5000 plus black males murdered every year. Not focus on the drugs, gangs and never ending violence which plague our larger cities. Police killing unarmed black, white or brown people is obviously a problem and needs to be addressed. It’s still a very rare occurrence though. Any discussion needs to include the state of our cities. Sadly, the black lives of those who live there seem to only matter if killed by a peace officer or white individual. Can we also focus on the quality of life for the millions who live in these violent crime ridden neighborhoods? 20 people were murdered last weekend in Chicago alone. Imagine raising a family in those areas.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
Barr's remark's finally hit the mark for what an Attorney General should be saying in a situation such as this. But one word in that sentence make's me hesitate to buy what he is saying as not just a prepared address, but remarks said with conviction. 'finally' All the remarks and statements he has made while serving as Attorney General have been far from appropriate for the Attorney General, until now. Any criticism by Aston or any other person of those remarks is just grasping at straws.

I saw lots of dumb journalists comparing antifa to dday soldiers yesterday. For a group that’s supposedly so inconsequential they sure get a lot of love. And they get this love while burning down black communities. It’s so weird.

Reactions: noble cane
To me, it seemed he was responding to the matter at hand. It's obvious by his comments about Floyd that he recognizes police brutality is disgusting. I'm not sure how we've gotten to the point that if you leave something out or don't talk against a specific thing, then you are assumed to support it. That's not right at all.

And he did mention specifically a time that a local justice system overlooked and excused a crime committed by police against Rodney King.

As far as Antifa and the rioting, I personally don't care who is perpetrating that violence, looting, arson, theft, vandalism, etc. -- it's wrong and has to be dealt with like any other criminal activity. It diminishes the peaceful protests. I don't know much about radical left and radical right groups, but I know the extreme ideals all of them hold do not line up with the majority of folks that lean more toward the center, regardless of party.

There are some real sickos out there, but 99.9 percent of people are against police brutality. Our nation also has an over-riding violence problem in many areas, but not many are talking about that. For me, as a follower of Christ, I believe I'm here to make a difference where I can, and part of that is loving others and putting others before myself. I don't always do a good job of that, and I often fall short, but I care about human life, no matter the race, gender, etc. Everyone should be treated fairly and equal. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world and must combat against all kinds of evils.

No matter how one feels about Barr, I thought his comments were pretty on point and something everyone could agree on. But there will be those that will focus on what he didn't say, rather than what he did say, which is a slippery slope to go down.
Im not sure I agree 99.9 of the people in this country are against police brutality. I do believe that 99.9 of them are against it being on their televisions. That’s was true in Birmingham in the 1960s. At Kent State and Attica in the 70s. In Soweto in the 80s. In LAs in the 90s. Etc.

We are too content to move on with our lives in ignorance.

That said, the internet and social media is filled with horrific videos of people of all races being menaced, beaten, run over, and shot when they have tried to stop the social unrest for a variety of reasons. Main stream media is airing few if any of them. Page 2 of this story is going to be confronting why we didn’t do more to stop the riots and looting. Not because of conservative notions of law and order posturing, but from the point of view of simple human decency. CNN in particular will have a lot to answer for,

Last edited:
Minneapolis City Council has just voted to disband their police force and institute community led public safety. :eek:

Minneapolis City Council has just voted to disband their police force and institute community led public safety. :eek:
Compare that with New York spending the last year saying cash bail should be outlawed. But now they are saying they are still against it, but want to bring it back to stop the riots.

Baltimore tried a form of it when they curtailed patrols in their black communities. Crime skyrocketed in those areas as the criminal element took advantage and the policy was reversed.

I'm thinking there's like a 90% chance they still have police in a decentralized way, but just call them something other than police. I mean, laws still have to exist right?

Laws aren’t the problem. Enforcement is what suffers. Feel bad for the people in that community. If this goes into effect their neighborhoods will likely resemble the Wild West.

That’s what I mean. The laws still have to get enforced in some way. Wouldn’t be surprised if they still have police and just call it something different

Corruption in Baltimore either skyrocketed or was just more open under the plan. Depends on your point of view.

Interestingly, pockets of San Francisco have never had police, dating back to the Gold Rush. There’s a patch work of private police that dot pockets of the city. Not surprising, the wink/nudge whorehouses and homeless congregate to those areas.

Antifa burned berkley to deny freedom of speech to an invited speaker
Blm chants for death to policemen.

They sound volitile to me
And why does blm get its name painted on a street in dc. They need to include aditional radical groups like kkk, antifa, neo nazi, occupy wall street, al qaeda, ...

Can anyone name one person who has proposed an actual solution for the last 50 years since MLK and the Civil Rights amendment..

Last edited:

The reason I focus on what he DIDN’T say is that he is the person (besides the president) that could most greatly influence how cases against criminals who happen to be police officers are prosecuted across the US. He obfuscates the point that police are being unfairly defended by the justice system that he is the main representative of and makes it sound like it’s simply a problem of community relations between black people and departments. Thats certainly a problem that needs to be addressed, but until police are appropriately prosecuted his office isn’t doing their job adequately.

He also argues that the violent contingents related to these protests need to be put down; however he (again as the person who is supposed to represent the justice department) neglect the continuing brutality we’ve seen against innocents, reporters, etc... during these protests. If there’s any one that should be addressing these issues it’s him. He panders to the black community and the right wing without actually addressing what’s going on with the police officers in this country and the mistrust that people have with his justice department.

Last edited:
The reason I focus on what he DIDN’T say is that he is the person (besides the president) that could most greatly influence how cases against criminals who happen to be police officers are prosecuted across the US. He obfuscates the point that police are being unfairly defended by the justice system that he is the main representative of and makes it sound like it’s simply a problem of community relations between black people and departments. Thats certainly a problem that needs to be addressed, but until police are appropriately prosecuted his office isn’t doing their job adequately.

He also argues that the violent contingents related to these protests need to be put down; however he (again as the person who is supposed to represent the justice department) neglect the continuing brutality we’ve seen against innocents, reporters, etc... during these protests. If there’s any one that should be addressing these issues it’s him. He panders to the black community and the right wing without actually addressing what’s going on with the police officers in this country and the mistrust that people have with his justice department.

Disagree. The Justice Dept or even the President have very little influence on the prosecution of police officers as those are almost always done at the local level. Did Obama or Holder have influence over the prosecutions (or lack thereof) in Ferguson or Baltimore? These are local cases charged and tried by local officials except in the rare occasion where the Fed’s get involved.

Disagree. The Justice Dept or even the President have very little influence on the prosecution of police officers as those are almost always done at the local level. Did Obama or Holder have influence over the prosecutions (or lack thereof) in Ferguson or Baltimore? These are local cases charged and tried by local officials except in the rare occasion where the Fed’s get involved.
And Ronald Reagan had no influence over state drinking age laws... oh wait, he did. If the federal justice department pressures state and local judiciaries to adopt rules on police prosecution and tie it to funds that the states need, then the president and the attorney general have tremendous influence.

They could also tackle it like they do with marijuana criminalization and mandate federal guidelines that the states don’t have to abide by, but it presses states to act in accordance. They could also “declare war” on undue police brutality. They could do literally anything to try and help except doing nothing at all which is what that ass Barr chooses to do.

And Ronald Reagan had no influence over state drinking age laws... oh wait, he did. If the federal justice department pressures state and local judiciaries to adopt rules on police prosecution and tie it to funds that the states need, then the president and the attorney general have tremendous influence.

They could also tackle it like they do with marijuana criminalization and mandate federal guidelines that the states don’t have to abide by, but it presses states to act in accordance. They could also “declare war” on undue police brutality. They could do literally anything to try and help except doing nothing at all which is what that ass Barr chooses to do.

Whoa.. sounds like the feds could deny funds to sanctuary cities...

Reactions: HuffyCane

Are there issues with the prosecution of police? Obama and his JD were ardent supporters of causes like BLM and I don't recall them attempting to put pressure on states. In fact, I'm don't recall them having issues with particular states or events. There are certainly individual instances where the DA overcharges or undercharges cops. However, as far as a wide scale issue, I haven't seen any past Presidents or JD attempt to intervene with current laws.

Are there issues with the prosecution of police? Obama and his JD were ardent supporters of causes like BLM and I don't recall them attempting to put pressure on states. In fact, I'm don't recall them having issues with particular states or events. There are certainly individual instances where the DA overcharges or undercharges cops. However, as far as a wide scale issue, I haven't seen any past Presidents or JD attempt to intervene with current laws.
I'm not giving credit to Obama on this issue. We've all noted that fighting against the police unions will be tough for any party that tries to effect them; however it would be quite a bit easier when you have millions in the streets protesting these prosecution policies.

Reactions: Bendman
Recently we have heard a lot about white privilidge. I wish someone would have informed me about it. I would not worked so hard to acomplish what i have.

Recently we have heard a lot about white privilidge. I wish someone would have informed me about it. I would not worked so hard to acomplish what i have.
Moron. Really. How many times have the cops drawn their weapon on you for a simple traffic stop? How many times were you made to exit the vehicle for a simple traffic stop? How many times did the cops ask if it was OK to search your vehicle for a simple traffic stop? If the answer is none, then yes, you too sir, have first hand experienced "white privilege" although you are too ignorant to realize it.

I have been pulled over 5 times in my 30+ yrs of driving. Only once was I asked to step out of the car (I was given a field sobriety test b/c my eyes were bloodshot. Happens when you have your contacts in for 18 hrs and it's near 1:00am. Officer then asked when the last time I had a drink was...my answer was December; it was March and it was the truth). The last time I was pulled over, I was asked if I had a weapon in the car, I said no, and the officer then asked to see my license and registration and I reached into my glovebox without a gun on me. I had to go to court for that one (speeding in a construction zone). I got off with community service and the lawyer I was able to hire got it so it didn't show up on my insurance. I know POC who have been asked to stand behind their car during a stop, in snow or rain while the officer ran their plates and license and would face the $1000 fine for speeding in a construction zone and points on their license towards possible suspension. I am not even sure they have public defenders for traffic court so unless they were able to hire an attorney, they'd be representing themselves.

White privilege is also knowing the likelihood of my son having a gun pulled on him for walking in our neighborhood while wearing a hoodie is nearly nil while I would not doubt that a POC who lives in our neighborhood has had the police called on them for "looking out of place". It's really sad people don't realize this. Maybe if we termed it "White Benefit of the Doubt" more people would understand.

Why is the white privilege narrative about the black kid and the cop instead of the fact that the black kid is 100x more likely to be shot or murdered in his hood than the typical white kid? Why don’t we focus on underlying issues in these communities and solving the same ?

Moron. Really. How many times have the cops drawn their weapon on you for a simple traffic stop? How many times were you made to exit the vehicle for a simple traffic stop? How many times did the cops ask if it was OK to search your vehicle for a simple traffic stop? If the answer is none, then yes, you too sir, have first hand experienced "white privilege" although you are too ignorant to realize it.

I have been pulled over 5 times in my 30+ yrs of driving. Only once was I asked to step out of the car (I was given a field sobriety test b/c my eyes were bloodshot. Happens when you have your contacts in for 18 hrs and it's near 1:00am. Officer then asked when the last time I had a drink was...my answer was December; it was March and it was the truth). The last time I was pulled over, I was asked if I had a weapon in the car, I said no, and the officer then asked to see my license and registration and I reached into my glovebox without a gun on me. I had to go to court for that one (speeding in a construction zone). I got off with community service and the lawyer I was able to hire got it so it didn't show up on my insurance. I know POC who have been asked to stand behind their car during a stop, in snow or rain while the officer ran their plates and license and would face the $1000 fine for speeding in a construction zone and points on their license towards possible suspension. I am not even sure they have public defenders for traffic court so unless they were able to hire an attorney, they'd be representing themselves.

White privilege is also knowing the likelihood of my son having a gun pulled on him for walking in our neighborhood while wearing a hoodie is nearly nil while I would not doubt that a POC who lives in our neighborhood has had the police called on them for "looking out of place". It's really sad people don't realize this. Maybe if we termed it "White Benefit of the Doubt" more people would understand.
I could have sworn that a month or two ago you said you are white. If that isn't true, I apologize in advance.

Why is the white privilege narrative about the black kid and the cop instead of the fact that the black kid is 100x more likely to be shot or murdered in his hood than the typical white kid? Why don’t we focus on underlying issues in these communities and solving the same ?
The underlying issues are mainly poverty and all the byproducts of that poverty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT