ADVERTISEMENT

Wes Thompson

old.guy

I.T.S. Senior
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2005
Wes Thompson, a long-time, die-hard fan of TU football, died Friday morning, apparently of heart-related issues. For decades, Wes was part of a very vocal group whose season tickets were on the 50-yard line of Skelly's east side. He also was a long-time tailgater.

Last edited:
I’m sorry to hear about Wes. Condolences to his family and friends.

Reactions: crow4435
So sorry to hear this!!!!! Condolence to you his friends and his family!!!!

Wes was a long time regular, tailgating with Harry Willis and the TU Tailgators. He could be found at the top on 50 yard line joining in on the Ooo-sa-sa chants. This group are/were long time season ticket holders on the east side of the stadium.

You are right. Wes' group sat on the east side. Don't know why I got crossed up on that. I was picturing the east side stands and calling them the west. At one time Wes had a half-dozen season tickets and he actively recruited people to attend games using his tickets.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU 1978 and TU Sepp
i've known Wes since 1966....we were frat bros and he was my pledge dad....my season tickets were next to his.....i will miss him terribly and i deeply appreciate all the kind words you have shown him on this thread...TU football was his life and he liked basketball too.....he was one of a kind....thank you my friends....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT