ADVERTISEMENT

Week 14 Bowl Projections

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
I'll continue to update as projections are released:

CBS/Palm - Cure vs Coastal Carolina

ESPN - Frisco vs UTSA (we’ve got another game that day)
ESPN - 1st Responder vs Pitt

College Football News - 1st Responder vs Virginia

247 Sports - Boca Raton vs Florida Atlantic

Athlon Sports - Birmingham vs Mississippi State

Sporting News - Birmingham vs Louisiana Tech

USA Today - Gasparilla vs Boston College

Stadium (McMurphy) - Birmingham vs BYU

Yahoo Sports - New Mexico Bowl vs Louisiana

Bleacher Report - Montgomery vs Kent State

Last edited:
That’s fine. The only time this team seems to wake up is when it’s hopeless or someone is telling them they will lose.

Reactions: el duran
Birmingham vs Mississippi State would be interesting. How would the Pirate's gun slinging offense fare against our 3-3-5 and athleticism? Is our defensive speed good enough to hang with an SEC team?

1st Responder vs an ACC team is acceptable.

While not ideal to shed the G5 "other" label, playing Coastal Carolina might be fun. Our defense should be able to limit their run heavy offense but their defensive line would absolutely challenge our OL and QB. They did a number of Wilson and BYU the other day.

Reactions: HuffyCane
They are much better than they look. Beating an SEC team might get Montgomery his extension, but not as long as he might want, I suspect.

Birmingham vs Mississippi State would be interesting. How would the Pirate's gun slinging offense fare against our 3-3-5 and athleticism? Is our defensive speed good enough to hang with an SEC team?

1st Responder vs an ACC team is acceptable.

While not ideal to shed the G5 "other" label, playing Coastal Carolina might be fun. Our defense should be able to limit their run heavy offense but their defensive line would absolutely challenge our OL and QB. They did a number of Wilson and BYU the other day.

Miss State is 2-6. I would hope a better option is available.

They are much better than they look. Beating an SEC team might get Montgomery his extension, but not as long as he might want, I suspect.
Montgomery is already getting an extension no matter what he does from here on out.

GO TU!!!!

2 years is all he should get based on this season and I even cringe at that because I honestly think he should be bought out and we should move on. He has not grown as a coach in the areas of game management or play calling (or realizing he shouldn't be so involved in the down to down play calling but maybe limit himself to important plays only...which might help his game mgmt issue). The job is so much more than wins and losses. Consistency is a huge deal and Monty's shortcomings and stubborn ego will never allow for a consistently winning program under him. BB was fired for the same exact thing we gripe about every year with Monty. Sure recruiting seems to be trending up. We seemingly have a 3 yr winning QB in the wings but will the play calling change and will Monty play the best players and not eat up time outs wasting time trying to find the right play call? He is who he is and he has shown everyone who he is and is always going to be.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I am praying for Troy to win Saturday. GO TROJANS
I would think 2 more wins against top 15 teams would put us in over CC even if they do win out, but of course they're getting their 15 minutes of fame right now

I would think 2 more wins against top 15 teams would put us in over CC even if they do win out, but of course they're getting their 15 minutes of fame right now
If we win does Cincinnati stay in the top 15 and do we jump coastal. They also play a ranked Louisiana team in the SBC championship game

If we win does Cincinnati stay in the top 15 and do we jump coastal. They also play a ranked Louisiana team in the SBC championship game
Sadly no. When UC beat UCF it was a quality win against an improving team. When we beat them it was in hurricane conditions against a depleted team.

If we beat them twice, then they were never good will be the story. Especially with OSU nosediving.

since Ohio St has only played 5 games ( some with 10) and is being considered for the playoff 4, The selection committee should rank teams based only on their best 5 games.

since Ohio St has only played 5 games ( some with 10) and is being considered for the playoff 4, The selection committee should rank teams based only on their best 5 games.
You realize that people in Hell want ice water???

Yahoo & Bleacher Report both have us playing a bowl game 4 or 5 days after the conference championship game. Don’t think that will happen.

I would hope the conference will secure Tulsa a good bowl game regardless of the outcome of the championship game. I would prefer the First Responder bowl, if we don’t get the Peach Bowl!

Per Brett McMurphy:

AAC bowl lineup set, sources told @Stadium (based on Cincinnati defeating Tulsa next week)

NY6 - Cincinnati
Potato - Tulane
Montgomery - Memphis
New Mexico - Houston
Birmingham - Tulsa
Military - Navy
Frisco - SMU
Boca - UCF

I just found out per the New Mexico bowl website that the game is being played in Frisco Texas this year. On Christmas eve. Give me that please! (Of course thats assuming Coastal wins out)

Send Houston to Birmingham

Last edited:
If we win will we get peach bowl if coastal loses
You have absolutely no proof of that.

He wasn't asking for what you, or anybody else on the board supposes might be the case.

He was asking what Bret McMurphy or someone else like him was predicting if we won.

At this point I'd say even if we beat Cincy, if Lousianna beats CCU, I feel they will get the nod over us for the NY6 game. If for nothing else, they probably have the best win out of anyone, especially if Iowa St wins the Big 12 championship. Hope I'm wrong, but just my thoughts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT