ADVERTISEMENT

WE HAVE THE WORST COACH!!!!

okie51

I.T.S. Junior
Dec 4, 2003
Only mont can figure out how to lose when being ahead by 3 scores. Freaking hate this joke of a hall monitor named football coach at Tulsa

Reactions: maverickfp
How do you not run up the middle 3 times and give your FG kicker a shot? Like what the he'll is going on in his damn head

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Monty's rectuiting has not been impressive. We seem to only compete against lower tier schools.

yeah. i mean i could see throw for the td on 1st, run up the middle 2nd, and throw endzone on 3rd. but generally a reasonable strategy.
But you've got to run the right RB. We have the bruiser in Wilkerson who is going to gain 1-2 yds with minimal effort running up the middle. Why not run him 3 times and say you gain a modest 6 yards from the 3 carries. You've just turned a minimum 43 yd FG attempt into a 37 yd attempt.

Not for a second do I think our kicker was ever making that kick in that situation. That's what you get when you have kids walking on to kick who probably weren't the 1st choice to kick in their HS.

Reactions: maverickfp
Monty's rectuiting has not been impressive. We seem to only compete against lower tier schools.
Go away. There is enough talent on this team to win the AAC this year. On defense we actually have quality depth too. I've seen them use 3 sets of DL in most games this year, rotating a lot early so they can keep Gipson/Robinson/Player in the game later on if it's close and they need them. There's been a steady rotation of the strong side LB between Cannon and Burnett, and we've seen 4-5 different safeties rotating through in Bunch, Williams, Powers, Ray, and one other.

It's not the talent keeping us from winning games...that's the whole point of the freaking thread.

Reactions: el duran
I’ve thought since the SK renegotiation that it should be base pay of $600K, plus $100,000 for every win over six and 10 cents of every dollar donated to athletics that is marked by the donor as him being the procuring cause of the gift. A lot of coaches are underpaid compared to what other charitable fundraisers make. We are paying a coach a salary comparable to other coaches with substantially more dollars raised (and substantially better skill at doing so). We aren’t ever going to be able to resolve that disparity but we also should not ignore it. And we should take a break from paying for losses. There needs to be off the field incentives too or this program won’t be where everyone wants it to be. If you want to make $1.8 million and coach at Tulsa, then earn it off the field or on. Stop raising money for billion dollar charities to make your wife happy and start raising money to offset your salary value deficit.

Go away. There is enough talent on this team to win the AAC this year. On defense we actually have quality depth too. I've seen them use 3 sets of DL in most games this year, rotating a lot early so they can keep Gipson/Robinson/Player in the game later on if it's close and they need them. There's been a steady rotation of the strong side LB between Cannon and Burnett, and we've seen 4-5 different safeties rotating through in Bunch, Williams, Powers, Ray, and one other.

It's not the talent keeping us from winning games...that's the whole point of the freaking thread.

So true. Monty has put us in a hole it's gonna take years to dig out of, if it can be done at all. If we don't win this year, it's gonna be a while before we ever do again.

Did anyone flash back to last yr's Texas game when our kicker(s) were duck-hooking or shanking FG tries, making any one of which would have beaten Smoo? Well, I did. Of course, you can blame Monty for not "wasting" a scholly on a kicker. I also flash back to a TW article on area HS kickers who for the most part had outstanding careers. Are we recruiting any of these guys? Doubt it.

Did anyone flash back to last yr's Texas game when our kicker(s) were duck-hooking or shanking FG tries, making any one of which would have beaten Smoo? Well, I did. Of course, you can blame Monty for not "wasting" a scholly on a kicker. I also flash back to a TW article on area HS kickers who for the most part had outstanding careers. Are we recruiting any of these guys? Doubt it.

Every kicker we have had an outstanding HS career. There's a common denominator with our kicking woes. Look hard and you might see it.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT