ADVERTISEMENT

Watching FAU... will likely lose to Bryant

Anyone watching?

FAU looks terrible. They cannot score. 4-25 3 point shooting.

Bryant will win easily. And the final score won't be indicative of the game. Bryant dominated them. Dominated.

FAU is at least 3-5 inches taller on average yet continue to chunk up 3-pointers and missing --- badly.

Terrible coaching.

Makes my eyes bleed.

Free throws too!
Yep!

Always believe that if you make all your free throws, put a butt on every offensive player after a shot (aka box out) and get back on defense to force the offense to have no fast break points, you cannot possibly lose a BB game. You do those 3 things that are largely in your own control, you cannot lose basketball games.

Maybe this will wake them up, and realize it's all not just going to happen because of last year. They have to put in the work for it to happen. They only lost one guy, and he was fifth on the list of stats, and didn't stand out anywhere in the stats as their leader of anything.

He could have been the glue that held them together, but I doubt it. They haven't been winning by as much as I thought they would in their contests. i think they just need to wake up. We'll see how they do in the next couple of games, as to whether this was a come to jesus moment for them.

They have Butler, Liberty, and #23 Illinois in their next 4 games. So that'll be a good test to see if they can achieve last years form.

Conference is going to be wide open this year. I’ve not been impressed by any of the top 4 so far and UTSA is the only team I’m certain is terrible.

Conference is going to be wide open this year. I’ve not been impressed by any of the top 4 so far and UTSA is the only team I’m certain is terrible.
That Memphis team looks pretty decent. They have a tough non conference schedule in front of them as well. I wish we played them a little later in conference play so we could build to their difficulty.

Hoping to god we have Keaston back a couple games prior to that. We could use the help shooting the ball.

That Memphis team looks pretty decent. They have a tough non conference schedule in front of them as well. I wish we played them a little later in conference play so we could build to their difficulty.

Hoping to god we have Keaston back a couple games prior to that. We could use the help shooting the ball.
Give or take a game or two, I bet we get him back around the OSU game. The very latest would be two or three games before Memphis. I don't think there's much risk of going to Memphis without Keaston and a little game time under his belt.

Memphis will be tough. Big and fast. Will be by far our toughest conference game, hope we pack it out when they come here. If we can escape mo state, OSU, and ORU. I'll have a good feeling about going undefeated for non-conf so if that's the case there should be no excuse that the the Reynolds center isn't packed for that game.

Memphis will be tough. Big and fast. Will be by far our toughest conference game, hope we pack it out when they come here. If we can escape mo state, OSU, and ORU. I'll have a good feeling about going undefeated for non-conf so if that's the case there should be no excuse that the the Reynolds center isn't packed for that game.
Memphis will have the best athletes and the worst coach. We could win by 20 or lose by 20. I've seen both happen with the same players. Pretty sure we will stumble some before Memphis.

Don't ignore UALR, New Mexico St, & Loyola of Chicago. Those are games we have to get by as well. All those contests are harder than any contest we've won so far except ORU & possibly OSU. I wouldn't expect us to be 6-0 in those contests. And we're going to have an off night somewhere down the line. I think 11-1 or 10-2 is a decent hope. And I wouldn't be shocked by 9-3.

Reactions: seniorgolfer
We’ve done what we were suppose to do thus far. Beaten a bunch of really bad teams on our home court. One more cupcake and then the schedule gets more respectable. 10-2 is my expectation for OOC. The conference looks down this year. A top 4 finish is not out of the question imo. Having two experienced senior guards is a huge plus.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
UALR lost at home to NIU. Were blown out in first half before final loss by 5. Not looking past SCState but the first road game is winnable.

UALR lost at home to NIU. Were blown out in first half before final loss by 5. Not looking past SCState but the first road game is winnable.
That was a neutral site game played in Atlanta. But I agree it’s winnable.

Would point out they’ve been a house of horrors for us, though. We’ve only won once in their building in 5 tries.

That was a neutral site game played in Atlanta. But I agree it’s winnable.

Would point out they’ve been a house of horrors for us, though. We’ve only won once in their building in 5 tries.
It's just going to be a little more of a challenge than our first four games. Definitely winnable. The other 3 teams mentioned will be harder to win than UALR.(NMSt, Loyola, Misouri St.)

Don't ignore UALR, New Mexico St, & Loyola of Chicago. Those are games we have to get by as well. All those contests are harder than any contest we've won so far except ORU & possibly OSU. I wouldn't expect us to be 6-0 in those contests. And we're going to have an off night somewhere down the line. I think 11-1 or 10-2 is a decent hope. And I wouldn't be shocked by 9-3.
If nex mexico St and Loyola was on the road I'd be a little worried but with it being home if we play like we've been playing we should handle business in those two games, UALR will be interesting because it is the first road game but we're definitely better the key will be getting out to a fast start in that game and taking care of the ball.

Memphis will have the best athletes and the worst coach. We could win by 20 or lose by 20. I've seen both happen with the same players. Pretty sure we will stumble some before Memphis.
I'm hoping we beat them by 40 again. All I'm going to say about Memphis is that this is by far his best and most skilled team and you could be the worst coach in the world but with great talent it will get you far and keep you in most games. Phillips is a prime example.

Reactions: TU_BLA
If nex mexico St and Loyola was on the road I'd be a little worried but with it being home if we play like we've been playing we should handle business in those two games, UALR will be interesting because it is the first road game but we're definitely better the key will be getting out to a fast start in that game and taking care of the ball.
I believe we have the players and the ability to win each of those contests. The progress of our offense and defense with our front court will be very important though. Moving up a notch in talent of opposition may expose our frontcourt more than it has been.

Reactions: TU65alum
Yeah… I’m concerned this league has eroded down to 1 bid for the big dance. Which sucks.

Zero room for error to get to the big show… but we’ve done it before, so maybe we can do it again (hopefully consistently). As the NIT has made adjustments to their selection criteria, it looks like it’ll be ncaa or nothing moving forward (I don’t think any of us want to mess with the cbi/cit or whatever the hell those types of tournaments are called now).

Yeah… I’m concerned this league has eroded down to 1 bid for the big dance. Which sucks.

Zero room for error to get to the big show… but we’ve done it before, so maybe we can do it again (hopefully consistently). As the NIT has made adjustments to their selection criteria, it looks like it’ll be ncaa or nothing moving forward (I don’t think any of us want to mess with the cbi/cit or whatever the hell those types of tournaments are called now).
They'll have to figure out what to do with the pac2's bids next year. That sucks that they are only picking 8 teams out of the g5's. That is totally unfair. There are a ton of crappy p5's who will be in it, and a lot of g5's left out, who deserved it way more than those crappy p5's.

Last edited:
They'll have to figure out what to do with the pac2's bids next year. That sucks that they are only picking 8 teams out of the g5's. That is totally unfair. There are a ton of crappy p5's who will be in it, and a lot of g5's left out who deserved it way more than those crappy p5's.
The new version of the nit is lame as hell. At least it was a respectable consolation prize before, but now it’s just based on name only. So you’ll see .500 (or worse) teams play over a 25+ win mid major because the nit thinks they’ll make more money off that. Mid majors are what make d1 college basketball so great… and they’re continuing to phase the little guys out at every chance they get.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
The new version of the nit is lame as hell. At least it was a respectable consolation prize before, but now it’s just based on name only. So you’ll see .500 (or worse) teams play over a 25+ win mid major because the nit thinks they’ll make more money off that. Mid majors are what make d1 college basketball so great… and they’re continuing to phase the little guys out at every chance they get.
If they wanted to give the undeserving P5's a bone, they should have given them 1 not 2 bids per conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT