ADVERTISEMENT

Watch that Ref closely.... he knew...

Original TULSAFAN

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
The ball was out - Tulsa recovered and his face was "oh :crap:!?!?!?" --- as he then started waving his arms and blowing his whistle AFTER Brubaker was 5 yards downfield w the ball.

Criminal! Absolutely criminal.

Same ref kept the clock running play before when runner was clearly out of bounds. Screwjob no doubt. This is as bad as it gets in the modern day with replay. Truly sad

Reactions: tutailgator
Give me the gambling implications and the odd changes in the line, this needs to be fully investigated. Our boys got cheated and we need to stand up for them.

The ball was out - Tulsa recovered and his face was "oh :crap:!?!?!?" --- as he then started waving his arms and blowing his whistle AFTER Brubaker was 5 yards downfield w the ball.

Criminal! Absolutely criminal.

What's amazing is some poster named Bigzit started this same thread on the AAC conference board!

Reactions: Gold*
Yeah... someone took my original name when board started years ago. My account recently got messed up... so HERE I AM!

And I'm NOT letting this one go... I am so F'in pissed. The official actually runs to the ball BEHIND the first down marker and then while running in started back towards the marker. UNREAL.

And that whistle and arms waving was AFTER the ball was already heading the other way. It's insane!

Reactions: TU Pilot
Spectacular incompetence by AACK! refs have screwed us out of two last minute chances against ranked teams(UH-13th & the Naval Academy who will surely be ranked again Monday). I'm hoping it's simply incompetence & not the alternative. Sick,sick,sick of these dillweeds! At least our bowl game won't be officiated by these clowns.

Reactions: TU Pilot
Just not true. The replay they showed on tv has the whistle blowing seconds later. And even if you are right about the whistle, and you are completely wrong kind you, he's still short of the marker. It's Tulsa ball either way.

For the second week in a row, Navy gets help from the officials to win the game. Perhaps they need extra 'help'.

I watched the replay three times. The whistle blew and then the strip. I thought for sure it was a fumble. It wasn't. Don't be a ND fan.

12 players on the field is a 5 yard penalty by rule. No help needed from the officials. ND special teams was asleep at the switch.

Its rather odd for announcers, fans, media, and conference mate fans not to have seen/heard what u did.
Understand the frustration. Trust me. Had some excruciating calls go against us over the years. I saw the replay about 3 times. Thought for sure it was a fumble...it wasn't.

I have seen half a dozen clips. Same thing every time. Official blowing whistle at line isn't even paying attention when he blows the whistle after the fumble.

Not even close on the whistle.

Closer on when he started waving his hands, which was before he whistled.

I watched the replay three times. The whistle blew and then the strip. I thought for sure it was a fumble. It wasn't. Don't be a ND fan.
The DL took 2 steps with the ball before you see the official start waving his hands, another 2 steps with the ball before he actually blew the whistle.

I have seen half a dozen clips. Same thing every time. Official blowing whistle at line isn't even paying attention when he blows the whistle after the fumble.
The real travesty is replay is supposed to fix these things and it failed again. It failed OSU earlier in the season, it failed in our game against Houston, failed against ECU last week (another fumble) and failed again today.

I was at the game. The last play was clearly a strip and we got hosed. They showed the replay once and then cut it off.

BUT

Catch that pass in the end zone that fell into the defenders lap and we win. Dane doesn't throw a 100 MPH bullet to Flanders out of the back field and we might get six instead of three. Dane his Hobbs or Josh instead of over throws and they are gone for TDs. We don't get called for a facemask by an O-lineman, we might score a TD or FG and we win the game. We make the 2 point and we are tied.

We shot ourselves in the foot, just like in Houston (I was also there). Any of the above doesn't happen and the last palay doesn't matter. This one hurt, but Navy was a great host and the fans were gracious.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT