ADVERTISEMENT

Voter disenfranchisement

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012

This is the Cambridge Analytics of voter deterrence that Ch. 4 in the UK did. It’s been hard to get ahold of in the states but I think it should be seen.

I’m sure someone’s going to bring up the project veritas issue as well, so before you do, I’ll say that I think anyone democratic or republican involved in voter disenfranchisement, I think they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

That's not what disenfranchisement means. Also, that's not a real problem.
No, but that's the GOP playbook. Holler and scream about it until it must be true and the dumb asses who won't actually bother to go look up actual information take it as the gospel truth because...well, Hannity repeated it on FoxNews so it must be the equivalent of the gospel.

Reactions: shon46
The whole Trump being a racist only works on the ignorant or those who don’t like his personality. 2 million blacks voted for him in the last election and I bet he gets close to 20% of the black vote this year. What will the excuse be then? Blexit is literally growing by leaps and bounds everyday!

The whole Trump being a racist only works on the ignorant or those who don’t like his personality. 2 million blacks voted for him in the last election and I bet he gets close to 20% of the black vote this year. What will the excuse be then? Blexit is literally growing by leaps and bounds everyday!
Wishful thinking by Kanye.

Also, this has nothing to do with racism in my mind. It's targeted disenfranchisement. It doesn't matter what race the people being discouraged from voting are. It only matters that they're being individually targeted to try and take away their voices.

Bueller! If you really want to go there, the very fact that you think black people are weak enough to become disenfranchised is racist!

Bueller! If you really want to go there, the very fact that you think black people are weak enough to become disenfranchised is racist!
Way to play the race card... and, no it's not. My point was that it wasn't JUST black people that were being targeted for disenfranchisement and that people were being targeted individually to try and prevent them from voting based on their data habits. It probably had just as much to do with their education level and their income as it did with their race.

Bueller, first you push this white superiority conspiracy theory crap on here insinuating that all blacks are somehow more gullible or easily manipulated than whites. Then you have the nerve to say that you were only talking about the blacks in a certain income and education levels insinuating you were only talking about the dumb and poor blacks. Have you lost your mind? The worst kind of racist are the educated ones and you prove that over and over! Shame on you for your unacceptable ignorance!

Reactions: noble cane
Good luck. He'd have to increase his share of black voters 15% to get to that. Not going to happen, especially if you look at his approval rating with that demographic.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Politics is such a dirty and distasteful arena. We have things like this. We have a federal lawsuit filed in Texas with affidavits and video tape in a 700,000 mail in alleged vote harvesting scheme by Dem officials. Neither party has clean hands.

Politics is such a dirty and distasteful arena. We have things like this. We have a federal lawsuit filed in Texas with affidavits and video tape in a 700,000 mail in alleged vote harvesting scheme by Dem officials. Neither party has clean hands.
This is the guy who filed that lawsuit...

Forgive me if i am skeptical of his accusations. Him and another guy listed on the lawsuit are the same Schlubbs that brought a suit for One of the mask policies down in Texas.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The main guy listed in that lawsuit is using paid stooges to try and subvert ballots being made available to people who might not vote in this election if they are susceptible to the virus. This is basically just another version of a conservative trying to disenfranchise legitimate voters without bringing forward actual indictable or justifiable evidence of harm.

Reactions: watu05
I find it interesting that you can register to vote starting in January. That's 9 or 10 moths which I guess isn't enough time because there are unregistered people who show up on election day and expect to vote. And in Pennsilvania your mail in ballot is valid even if mailed after election day

The moderators OPINION is not fact. The riot have more to do with the local government letting it happen.

What exactly has dt done that is racist?
Wait, you mean trying to end DACA for no reason than to eliminate individuals who might vote against him from the population. Having BLM declared a "terrorist" organization while not doing the same for Proud Boys, KKK, and Neo-Nazis of America, as well as the NOT REGULATED so-called militia boys with big guns and little dicks. Banning Muslims from entering the country and using the feeble excuse of terrorism as the reason WHILE still allowing individuals from Saudi Arabia to still enter even though it is well documented that country helped fund, harbor, and support the 9/11 attacks. Insisting the Central Park 5 are guilty despite evidence to the contrary and the individuals being exonerated. Birtherism and his attitude towards Obama- you do realize Trump is the one who kicked off the idea that being an overt racist in this country is OK. Should I go on?

BTW, being endorsed by David Duke is a pretty good sign the man is a racist.

When you say "vote harvesting" do you mean the Dem party is helping eligible voters who might not otherwise be able to vote because their local precinct was shut down, secure absentee ballots? You do realize half of the lawsuits alleging voter fraud are brought by individuals who think Alex Jones is a sane and decent person. In Texas these same people continue to argue that Texas was illegally annexed by the US and tout Texas independence (and any sane person knows TX BEGGED the US to accept it as a state because their economy as a nation was floundering AND they feared Mexican forces were gearing up for a reclamation attack. The teach Texas history in TX but the usually leave out the dark stuff in the 9 years they were an independent nation, just like Oklahoma loves to teach all about the land run but not the part where the US encouraged it to further drive the indigenous peoples they forced here further into infertile and unsupportive lands. Want to review history, really the only state that would have a legitimate claim of illegal annexation, sans the arguments of the indigenous peoples were here first before European invasion, is Hawaii. US history is pretty sordid and again, the dark stuff is conveniently left out in the teaching of it unless it's giant and huge like slavery and the Civil War, etc.) Hell even today, the SCOTUS nominee believes women should fully obey and submit to the will and judgement of their husbands as some sort of religious duty.

These lawsuits are filed for no other reason than to cast doubt on the process. This is part of the GOP playbook because they have sold their souls to a candidate so disgusting and put him in such a place of power that losing that power likely means the entire party crumbles and must be rebuilt. Again, independent investigations have shown that in previous elections less than .0001% of votes cast were the result of voter fraud. It doesn't happen. And what does it say that most of the election boards in the state where this is being challenged are run by GOPers? And it's only being challenged in places like Texas which has been trending blue, PA where the margin was so thin in 2016, in Wisconsin, who has been trending blue the last 2 years (ousted their actual Nazi governor and a state SC judge), Ohio despite the best efforts of Child Molestor Jordan and the current governor, and Florida, where the governor this week opened up everything in an effort to salvage the GOPs political chances in the state despite COVID numbers among the highest in the nation percentage wise.

These are political games planted by the GOP in a desperate attempt to hold power

Dude signed an affidavit and filed it with the court stating he has video evidence to support his claims. If he doesn’t he committed perjury. Betting he does. We will see. Law enforcement involved. Hoping he’s full of crap and perjured himself.

Nice list of your opinion. And you are welcome to your opinion. Opinion is not fact.

There are reasons for these actions that have nothing to do with race.
Those are not opinions, those are matters of fact. POTUS did indeed do all of those things during his tenure, all directed at POC without directing the same questions or policy to white individuals/groups involved in the same behavior/protests. Very definition of racism....treating individuals/groups differently based on the color of their skin.

Travel ban, National security
Daca not law,
He has condemned hate groups many times
Biden gets endorsements from radical individuals and groups too.
This didn't age well. In the circus of a debate last night, Trump refused to condemn white supremacy and white supremacist groups, even at one point, seemingly urging action from Proud Boys.

Want another example? Last week at a campaign event in Minnesota where the attendance was estimated to be 95-98% white (and Aryan-large Scandinavian and German populations) Trump said "You have good genes, you know that, right? You have good genes. A lot of it's about the genes, isn't it, don't you believe? The racehorse theory, you think we're so different? You have good genes in Minnesota. " It directly harkens to the beliefs of the Nazi's during WWII about using eugenics to create their master race which is what led to the Holocaust. We know about the extermination of Jews during the Holocaust, but the Nazi's also attempted to eliminate individuals with birth-defect handicaps, mental retardation (using the accepted term of the time), as well as other races/ethnicities they deemed inferior.

Admit it, you support a white supremacist racist. The reason you ask for proof and don't accept any of the overt examples is because by accepting it you would have to denounce your guy or accept that fact that by being complicit in his racist language and views, you therefore are both accepting of it and thus harbor racist views/feelings whether or not you express them publicly. Before Trump came to power, racism existed but the greater society of America did not accept overt shows of it. We didn't not accept the KKK marching through the street with swastikas and hoods. David Duke was not given a voice ever. Now the GOP thinks it's fine for the Proud Boys and Boogaloo groups to show up with their small dicks and big guns to intimidate voters who showed up for early voting, mostly in areas with a high % of minority voters.

if the left wont condemn antifa, blm, moveon, etal, group that are main stream left, why should trump have to denounce fringe group?
That’s because Antifa isn’t starting all of this crap. Antifa is a reaction to these far right groups. Antifa by and large isn’t instigating things.

That’s because Antifa isn’t starting all of this crap. Antifa is a reaction to these far right groups. Antifa by and large isn’t instigating things.
And antifa is an organized group as much as it is an idea.

Also, it has been well documented by the FBI that the violence within the BLM protests is being instigated by right-wing plants including members of Proud Boys and Boogaloo. Members of those groups are not the brightest bulbs in the box when it comes to remaining inconspicuous and covering their gang emblems.

Yes, so did the Texas Rangers. You don't have to be a genius to cheat.
Funny how GOP only bitch about voter fraud when it comes to minorities voting or populations they perceive will vote Dem, yet say nothing of the actual documented efforts of the Kremlin to interfere in our voting process...regardless of whether or not the Trump campaign involved them. It is indisputable that Russia hacked our system in 2016 and Homeland Security and the national security team are advising they are seeing that activity again. Yet the GOP Senate won't even look at the bill to ensure the security of our elections. And now national security briefings have stopped when it comes to what they're finding out for both candidates because if Biden knows what's going on you know it's going public.

Funny how GOP only bitch about voter fraud when it comes to minorities voting or populations they perceive will vote Dem, yet say nothing of the actual documented efforts of the Kremlin to interfere in our voting process...regardless of whether or not the Trump campaign involved them. It is indisputable that Russia hacked our system in 2016 and Homeland Security and the national security team are advising they are seeing that activity again. Yet the GOP Senate won't even look at the bill to ensure the security of our elections. And now national security briefings have stopped when it comes to what they're finding out for both candidates because if Biden knows what's going on you know it's going public.
So how did your long and a bit rambling post respond to my rather simple post?

I had no idea who the vote on the ballot was for, nor did I pretend to. You ran off on a Russia tangent. I doubt that the person the thread was about was Russian.

To answer again the question you asked. I find it odd. I agreed with you and you dumped Russia on me.

So how did your long and a bit rambling post respond to my rather simple post?

I had no idea who the vote on the ballot was for, nor did I pretend to. You ran off on a Russia tangent. I doubt that the person the thread was about was Russian.

To answer again the question you asked. I find it odd. I agreed with you and you dumped Russia on me.
I wasn't necessarily directing this at you or accusing you. It was more of an add on and a point that the ones crying the most about "voter fraud" are also the ones who have turned a blind eye to the other side of interfering in and affecting the outcomes of our elections.

I would just like to point out that electronic voting (meaning any system where a computer is used to record, store, count, or transmit a vote or vote tally) is much more dangerous than mail in voting is when we don't have elite security on voter databases in each and every state, and each and every county. It's really hard to have hundreds of large scale ballot fraud operations in multiple states without getting caught. On the other hand it's comparably easy for a few hackers to go unnoticed in election databases and be able to make massive changes.

Last edited:
I would just like to point out that electronic voting is much more dangerous than mail in voting is when we don't have elite security on voter databases in each and every state, and each and every county. It's really hard to have hundreds of large scale ballot fraud operations in multiple states without getting caught. On the other hand it's comparably easy for a few hackers to go unnoticed in election databases and be able to make massive changes.

Agree somewhat, but there are bright minds at work with cyber security and many of them used to come from TU. You can secure anything you want if you really want to. The security issue would be the inside jobs. I am talking more a point of convenience.

Right now, personally, I think we need to go back to pen marked ballots that are counted by hand by the independent accounting house of Price Waterhouse Coopers. I don't trust the optical scanners used in OK because they're easily hacked by whoever is calibrating them. Other ideas, non-partisan ballots, randomly generated ballot order.

Agree somewhat, but there are bright minds at work with cyber security and many of them used to come from TU. You can secure anything you want if you really want to. The security issue would be the inside jobs. I am talking more a point of convenience.

Right now, personally, I think we need to go back to pen marked ballots that are counted by hand by the independent accounting house of Price Waterhouse Coopers. I don't trust the optical scanners used in OK because they're easily hacked by whoever is calibrating them. Other ideas, non-partisan ballots, randomly generated ballot order.
There are just too many points of vulnerability with an electronic system, combined with too much benefit for cyber crime en-masse. The benefits of learning how to remotely hack a couple systems is very much worth it for China or Russia, vs having to maintain an international espionage ring operating in multiple states and keep it secret. I was good friends and actually roommates a several cyber corps members and I don't think any of them would argue much differently. The first video was published by a channel that specializes in computer science (both security and development) and regularly hosts many respected computer science professionals and professors. My problem isn't with the counting machines themselves; because, like paper ballot fraud it becomes pretty hard to scale physical hacks on machines (even by inserting a USB or something). My problem is that we have a lack of public (and congressional) support for extremely high security placed on the transmission of results from precincts and the security of the databases that the results are conglomerated in. Those are the places most vulnerable for mass-changes. It's almost like we need a monitored, closed-loop election network that doesn't use or allow connections to the internet or any unknown computers. I'd actually be more comfortable with numbers being hand counted and faxed on a piece of paper to a central counting agency in every state where they could then be hand tabulated by multiple observed accountants.

That's where I'd like to point out another intrinsic weakness of the electoral college. It reduces the deciding votes to just a few states, thereby making more centralized targets for physical attacks. It allows foreign or domestic criminals intent on skewing the election to have just a handful of states that they really need to sway via whatever means (electronic or physical or both) vs having to conduct multiple operations in many multiple states. No one is going to try and hack Oklahom's voter system because it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.... but states like Florida, Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc... will all be very vulnerable.

Last edited:
Who was president in aug2016? And what did he do?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT