ADVERTISEMENT

Voter disenfranchisement

Kris Kobach went after voter fraud in Kansas for eight years With new, tough law. Here’s what he found.

Thanks to Kobach, Trump and conservative think tank, we know extent of voter fraud

It is time to let the election go (okay past time.) Biden now needs to be judged on his performance in office. So far I don't believe it is great.

Tell the Party of Trump that.. It's entire focus has been supporting Trump's election lie even to the point of censuring those who call it out. Add in efforts to disenfranchise voters in the next election and the election is all the POT has offered so far. Trying to get voters to ignore that makes sense, but it's just another round of dishonesty.

Trump accomplished nothing and let loose a pandemic on the country. If that's the bar, Biden is doing an A+ job.

Reactions: GOTULSA
for every accusations you make about Trump and/or Republicans I can match you with a democrat, and sometime raise the ante.

Reactions: GOTULSA
Tell the Party of Trump that.. It's entire focus has been supporting Trump's election lie even to the point of censuring those who call it out. Add in efforts to disenfranchise voters in the next election and the election is all the POT has offered so far. Trying to get voters to ignore that makes sense, but it's just another round of dishonesty.

Trump accomplished nothing and let loose a pandemic on the country. If that's the bar, Biden is doing an A+ job.
1. Tell the Party of Trump. I just did.

2. If the cease fire holds Biden's performance has improved.

3. Trump accomplished nothing and let loose a pandemic on the country. On some level you have to know that Trump didn't let loose the pandemic. While I haven't defended Trump since the attack on Congress, that is a silly statement. Trump didn't have a Pandora's Box with Covid which he opened. The more likely event comes down to two choices: Either nature and past epidemics or China and the Hunan lab caused it by accident or premeditated.

Democrats seem to exclude Coumo from any fault at all. If I get Covid (I have had both shots and a 14 day pause) shoot me before putting me in a senior care facillity with Covid suffers and soon to be Covid suffers.

Trump accomplished nothing and let loose a pandemic on the country. On some level you have to know that Trump didn't let loose the pandemic.
OK, give him some credit for Warp Speed funding but that's it. He lied to the public, flopped in managing the response, and continually undermined public health measures that worked in other countries.. The result was the nation with the world's most sophisticated public health system had the worst outcome of any country. OK India may be worse now, but they don't have nearly the resources the US did.

All his other big theatrical events, North Korea, solving the Middle East, reducing our trade deficits with China, 4% GDP growth, draining the swamp..all flops.

You love US history, when was the last time the our capitol was invaded? 1812 by the Brits? :rolleyes:

when the pandemic started, no one knew its magnitude or a course of action. Fauchi, the cdc and who were clueless.

When Trump started closing the border and shut down international air travel he received heavy criticism from the left including Biden call him an alarmist and xenophobe

he sent a hospital ship to NY harbor and created a civid center in NYC. both were basically ignored by local officials.

he never directed covid patients be returned to their assisted living facilities which caused many deaths. the was done by the Democrat hero gov of NY

the vacines were developed, tested and deployed under his watch.

all Biden had to do was to carry out trumps game plan and stepup the distrbution

Yes, WA, I do love US History and you are right about the Capitol and don't forget Dolly Madison getting the picture out, actually in 1814.

There is nothing good to be said about the disgrace that happened there. Full Stop.

There is one specific thing that you blamed him for and that is "let loose the pandemic." The other things are more or less true. Set the clock back and no one, not even Dr. Fauci, was ready for a pandemic. It wasn't in a cage where it could be let loose. Only very recently did our health officials admit that it can travel with air movements. It is fair to second guess his decisions and those of the governor of New York. "Let loose" is a pejorative that adds nothing to the history of a terrible time.

Last edited:
Yes, WA, I do love US History and you are right about the Capitol and don't forget Dolly Madison getting the picture out, actually in 1814.

There is nothing good to be said about the disgrace that happened there. Full Stop.

There is one specific thing that you blamed him for and that is "let loose the pandemic." The other things are more or less true. Set the clock back and no one, not even Dr. Fauci, was ready for a pandemic. It wasn't in a cage where it could be let loose. Only very recently did our health officials admit that it can travel with air movements. It is fair to second guess his decisions and those of the governor of New York. "Let loose" is a pejorative that adds nothing to the history of a terrible time.
The only thing I differ with is the fact that no one was prepared for the pandemic. We had many reports of how bad the virus was and what was happening in China. Remember hearing about the chinese watching entire hospitals being built just to deal with the overflow? "Let Loose" is appropriate because of how Trump and his allies characterized the pandemic early on. I can't tell you how many regular fox news watchers that I know told me that it was just the flu, or that it was a democratic hoax. That kind of rhetoric is unforgivable from anyone and especially from the President of the United States who was getting intelligence briefings on how bad it was. (If only he read the briefings that were handed to him instead of tweeting and watching midnight cable news shows)

This is not to mention the fact that he put people's lives at risk by holding a large-scale rally without significant protective measures in TULSA, OK.... where a few short months later my mom died of the virus.... yeah.... I'd say "Let Loose" is an appropriately pejorative term for him. That man can go screw himself.

Then how did the US with 5% of the world's population end up with 20% of the world's deaths? Why did and does the President to this day pooh pooh wearing masks and make it a political statement? Why did the White House have more cases of Covid than the country of New Zealand? Why did Trump assure the US that it was under control and would magically go away when he later said he knew it wasn't?

I'll stop; you get my drift.

BTW I highly recommend reading Michael Lewis' new book: The Premonition. He's a great non-fiction writer (The Big Short, Money Ball, The Fifth Risk). It's having an effect on me, e.g. I didn't know was the Dubya ID'd a pandemic as a major risk and funded a US strategy in 2005. Credit due for foresight. Lewis doesn't spare the CDC either, rather points out people who bucked the system in ways the benefitted all of us. Who knows? My views may change as I learn more.

Then how did the US with 5% of the world's population end up with 20% of the world's deaths? Why did and does the President to this day pooh pooh wearing masks and make it a political statement? Why did the White House have more cases of Covid than the country of New Zealand? Why did Trump assure the US that it was under control and would magically go away when he later said he knew it wasn't?

It is not my intent to defend Trump, especially on the heals of what happened at the Capitol.. There have been 603,849 deaths to covid. I think "Let Loose" is something one does with an attack dog. It implies intent. The US does have the most deaths. We also have the best and first vacines, in a time that was thought not possible by the experts. Cov-19 is so small it cannot be seen under an optical microscope, it requires an electron microscope. And it has an ability to mutate and target other microbes. It pays no attention to anything Trump says. The two best vaccines both have American roots.

Last edited:

BTW I highly recommend reading Michael Lewis' new book: The Premonition. He's a great non-fiction writer (The Big Short, Money Ball, The Fifth Risk). It's having an effect on me, e.g. I didn't know was the Dubya ID'd a pandemic as a major risk and funded a US strategy in 2005. Credit due for foresight. Lewis doesn't spare the CDC either, rather points out people who bucked the system in ways the benefitted all of us. Who knows? My views may change as I learn more.
we are more mobile and open than most

It is not my intent to defend Trump, especially on the heals of what happened at the Capitol.. There have been 603,849 deaths to covid. I think "Let Loose" is something one does with an attack dog. It implies intent. .
OK, leaving the gate open can also let a rabid dog loose. NBD. I take your point.

But let me reiterate Michael Lewis' Premonition if you are at all interested in how our public health system operates and doesn't. Not a fan of the CDC. It's almost unputdownable read. There were some real unsung heroes who you've never heard of. Gives Sandia a shout out too.

Reactions: TUMe
It is not my intent to defend Trump, especially on the heals of what happened at the Capitol.. There have been 603,849 deaths to covid. I think "Let Loose" is something one does with an attack dog. It implies intent. The US does have the most deaths. We also have the best and first vacines, in a time that was thought not possible by the experts. Cov-19 is so small it cannot be seen under an optical microscope, it requires an electron microscope. And it has an ability to mutate and target other microbes. It pays no attention to anything Trump says. The two best vaccines both have American roots.

“Let loose” implies negligence or culpability to me. It does not necessarily imply malicious intent. He is negligent for his his dismissive rhetoric regarding the virus on the bully pulpit. The public statements of the President of the United States matter. Especially the ones that are regarding the validity of a certain item of national security / public health.

I think the President should have a hippocratic responsibility to the private citizens of this country, and Trump’s repeated false statements and blatant disregard for a virus that proved to be one of the most deadly in our nations history makes him negligent of violating the trust that the American people should be able to place in their leaders.

Reactions: watu05
Many in PR don't want to be a state.
Well, that’s too bad. If you have a territory with a greater population than a current US state then that territory should be nominated formally for statehood.
If the Puerto Rican’s with their significant population don’t want to be part of the United States (meaning they start voting in elections and paying income taxes) then we should release them from territory status. It’s ridiculous for the island to be different than Hawaii.

Last edited:
Well, that’s too bad. If you have a territory with a greater population than a current US state then that territory should be nominated formally for statehood.
If the Puerto Rican’s with their significant population don’t want to be part of the United States (meaning they start voting in elections and paying income taxes) then we should release them from territory status. It’s ridiculous for the island to be different than Hawaii.
I'm sure that the sudden interest in PR and DC statehood merely happens to come along at a time when it would play to the interests of the Democrats. What about Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands. The Virgin Islands, which might be Democrat. That way you add 6, but keep the balance. Heck, even the Aleutian Islands could succeed from Alaska. I believe Guam has a non-voting Representative.

Last edited:
A state that speaks mostly spanish?

They should convert elementary schools over to English, and gradually convert middle schools and then high schools to English if they really want to attain statehood. Spanish should not be their first language if they want statehood.

A state that speaks mostly spanish?

They should convert elementary schools over to English, and gradually convert middle schools and then high schools to English if they really want to attain statehood. Spanish should not be their first language if they want statehood.
We created states where more people spoke Native American languages than English. I don’t see why it should be a problem going forward.

Either that or we say we’re done with you as a territory.

“Let loose” implies negligence or culpability to me. It does not necessarily imply malicious intent. He is negligent for his his dismissive rhetoric regarding the virus on the bully pulpit. The public statements of the President of the United States matter. Especially the ones that are regarding the validity of a certain item of national security / public health.

I think the President should have a hippocratic responsibility to the private citizens of this country, and Trump’s repeated false statements and blatant disregard for a virus that proved to be one of the most deadly in our nations history makes him negligent of violating the trust that the American people should be able to place in their leaders.
what lie did he tell about covid?

what lie did he tell about covid?
That it was a Democratic hoax. That the weather would make everything better. That it was no worse than the flu. That deaths by suicide would be far greater than deaths from the virus. That the numbers of infected / dying were going down when they weren’t. That the virus was fading away (that was in June 17th before his rally) that 99% of cases were totally harmless. That the US had the lowest mortality rate in the world. That Mexico was to blame for outbreaks in the Southwest. That the aftermath of getting covid is “getting better and your immune. That his administration was handling this virus better than Obama’s handled H1N1. That tests were available for anyone who needed them at a time when they weren’t. That Google was building a covid testing website (this was news to Google). That the US was outpacing South Korea in testing rate (at the time we were not). That cases were going up because we were testing more people. That “everybody” said he was wrong to ban travel with China... when in reality it was mainly the WHO, DHS Fauci, Birx etc... supported it. That he “alway took the virus seriously” also his touting of bogus wonder cures like hydroxycloroquine.

How can you say WE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT THIS? This is a thread about voters being not allowed to vote.

How many threads on crossfire are on original topics rather than back and forth between people arguing.

Just remember Covid-19 for the year 2019.
First case in US Jan 21, 2020
Trump didn't do a good job but China "Let it loose."

That it was a Democratic hoax. That the weather would make everything better. That it was no worse than the flu. That deaths by suicide would be far greater than deaths from the virus. That the numbers of infected / dying were going down when they weren’t. That the virus was fading away (that was in June 17th before his rally) that 99% of cases were totally harmless. That the US had the lowest mortality rate in the world. That Mexico was to blame for outbreaks in the Southwest. That the aftermath of getting covid is “getting better and your immune. That his administration was handling this virus better than Obama’s handled H1N1. That tests were available for anyone who needed them at a time when they weren’t. That Google was building a covid testing website (this was news to Google). That the US was outpacing South Korea in testing rate (at the time we were not). That cases were going up because we were testing more people. That “everybody” said he was wrong to ban travel with China... when in reality it was mainly the WHO, DHS Fauci, Birx etc... supported it. That he “alway took the virus seriously” also his touting of bogus wonder cures like hydroxycloroquine.
But he wants facts. :rolleyes: All you're giving him is talking points and opinions.

He's open for discussion, but nothing sways him from his inane right wing talking points.

I'm not sure what your gripe is. I'm open for discussion, but I expect facts and details instead of talking points and opinions. you blast Trump and other Republicans for things they say and do, but excuse and rationalize democrats for the same behavior

Who is inane, me or Aston or both?
aTUfan

It was a reference to another post in a different thread. /\

at the time no one knew what to do. Dr fauchi, who and cdc didn't even agree. maybe Trump should have followed the Coumo plan.

at the time no one knew what to do. Dr fauchi, who and cdc didn't even agree. maybe Trump should have followed the Coumo plan.
So, because people didn’t know what to do that gave Trump the right to repeatedly make claims that were categorically false (and pointed out as false at the time) and the put people’s lives at risk? If your doctor doesn’t know what is causing you back pain does that give him the authority to suggest you drink bleach?

if you are old and have covid, go back to you assisted living home.
I didn’t elect Cuomo. I don’t live in a state where Cuomo governs, nor do any of my family, and I don’t like the guy. I do live in a nation where Donald Trump governed as did all of my family. Deflect all you want. Trump will always have blood on his hands.

I guess Biden doesn't lie.

He said there were no vaccines when he became president. Actually Phizer was out about a month when he was sworn in. A lie or senile, neither is good.

In a televised speech he talked of a big yard party on the 4th of July. Now he says he hopes for 70% vaccination by the 4th. Attendance will be down for the national celebration.

He sent the VP to the border, only she still hasn't gone. A lie or a lack of respect from her?

He says he can't talk too much or he will be "In trouble." Who takes the President of the United States to the woodshed?

I forgot, there are different standards for Republicans and Democrats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT