ADVERTISEMENT

Vote on Coach Montgomery's future

Is this Montgomery's last year as Head Coach

• Total voters
The guy cannot coach, makes poor playcalling decisions and fails to recruit much offensive talent. We need a coach like Todd Graham that can recruit the overlooked stars like Charles Clay and Damaris Johnson, who can also put together an incredible coaching staff.

My hope is that Monty improves his play calling (no reverses from our own 4 yard line, no 30 yard across the field passes where the CB is licking his chops for a pick 6, predictable run on first down, etc... ), his willingness to make changes when a player is not getting it done and playing his backups at offensive skill positions when a game is out of hand (the experience will be valuable later).

Reactions: TU4ever2
The guy cannot coach, makes poor playcalling decisions and fails to recruit much offensive talent. We need a coach like Todd Graham that can recruit the overlooked stars like Charles Clay and Damaris Johnson, who can also put together an incredible coaching staff.
If he had a little money to pay a coaching staff I’m sure he could hire one.
He already took a voluntary pay cut so the players could get more “benefits”
Let’s wait until the new media contract kicks in and see what he can do!
I for one FULLY support Coach Monty!

Reactions: Raisin_Cane
Not a fan of this coach, but I’m also not a fan of this poll.

Let the season play out. There will be plenty of time to talk about firings and replacements later. Assuming either is a possibility. Nobody wins short term or long term in that scenario.

We need a 10 win season for my sanity, but also need it before that buyout gets any smaller. We will need that cash to hire the next guy, otherwise the short list for the next coach will be real short.

Not a fan of this coach, but I’m also not a fan of this poll.

Let the season play out. There will be plenty of time to talk about firings and replacements later. Assuming either is a possibility. Nobody wins short term or long term in that scenario.

We need a 10 win season for my sanity, but also need it before that buyout gets any smaller. We will need that cash to hire the next guy, otherwise the short list for the next coach will be real short.
Start a bull:crap: poll before the season even begins...if you're a Monty hater just say it . Whoever started this nonsense has too much idle time .

Start a bull:crap: poll before the season even begins...if you're a Monty hater just say it . Whoever started this nonsense has too much idle time .
I’m not sure what any of that means. I didn’t start the poll and obviously don’t think it’s a good idea. Anybody that knows me knows I was against the hire before he made it to campus. I’ve never been a fan of Briles or his offense. And I thought then, as I think now, that the offense is a bad fit. I don’t hate the guy, I just think he doesn’t have the skill set to be a head coach and the offensive concepts he’s peddling don’t match up well with our school or tradition. My thoughts are that the sooner he leaves the program, the better off the program will be. I don’t need a poll to express that. And that’s a separate question from whether it’s in good taste to have such a poll or whether it matches what we would like to think how TU fans conduct themselves.

I am the one who made it, so any criticism should go to me, not Huffy. I personally like Coach Montgomery and would love nothing more for him to succeed. I am not a " Monty Hater". I hate seeing him struggling and like I said, would and hope he turns it around this year, but if we have another 2 or 3 win season, it's time to move on.

Clay wasn't overlooked at all. He had some high level offers but they wanted him to play LB (Miami, Arkansas). Johnson was a little overlooked because of his size.

I am the one who made it, so any criticism should go to me, not Huffy. I personally like Coach Montgomery and would love nothing more for him to succeed. I am not a " Monty Hater". I hate seeing him struggling and like I said, would and hope he turns it around this year, but if we have another 2 or 3 win season, it's time to move on.
I think that is what most of us feel. If he gets to a bowl game this year, he gets another year.

Clay wasn't overlooked at all. He had some high level offers but they wanted him to play LB (Miami, Arkansas). Johnson was a little overlooked because of his size.
And Clay was a signing day surprise. He didn’t decide on TU until the last minute.

And Clay was a signing day surprise. He didn’t decide on TU until the last minute.
And he decided on TU only because he had last minute cold feet on Arkansas, and his best friend, Genesis Cole, who committed to TU early at WR, called up Gus and asked if there was room for Clay on offense literally the night before signing day.

And he decided on TU only because he had last minute cold feet on Arkansas, and his best friend, Genesis Cole, who committed to TU early at WR, called up Gus and asked if there was room for Clay on offense literally the night before signing day.
Did we have to renege on any offered player who had committed verbally to accept Clay's LOI? Just curious.

Did we have to renege on any offered player who had committed verbally to accept Clay's LOI? Just curious.
It was back during the days when you could over sign. They greyshirted someone. I forget who. Not Shawn Jackson.

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT