ADVERTISEMENT

VA Problems

rabidTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
An analogy. If a parent is negligent at taking care of their child resulting in the childs death, they'd probably go to prison.

Our veterans put their lives in the hands of the VA in the same way. Firing sometimes isn't enough.

Discuss.

I thought BHO made this a campaign issue blaming Bush for the failures of the VA.

What happened? Why is this still a problem 6 yeRS INTO HIS ADMIN, if BHO was going to FIX it?

In 2006, Paul Krugman (who many on this board like to cite) wrote this about the VA: (I suspect Krugman had very few actual dealings with VA healthcare as it's been a nightmare for as long as I've dealt with them).

I know about a health care system that has been highly successful in containing costs, yet provides excellent care. And the story of this system's success provides a helpful corrective to anti-government ideology. For the government doesn't just pay the bills in this system?it runs the hospitals and clinics.

No, I'm not talking about some faraway country. The system in question is our very own Veterans Health Administration, whose success story is one of the best-kept secrets in the American policy
debate.

[/QUOTE]

9 million VA's, size of NY. That is allot of claims

After an audit you will find that only a few will be negligent. This will become a political football, elections are coming and it is a away to throw stones.

In Tulsa you have a "wait" of 2 weeks or less. I sometimes ahve to wait a month for my dermotolgist.

For example after many studies it ws found that the IRS did not target conservative groups, another example of shoot -aim fire.

People will be surprised that the Phoenix list was a small part of the 9 million VA's that file.

Let's all wait and see what hapens before we convict. Congress has a allot to do with money and staff for VA.

Originally posted by slacker48:
9 million VA's, size of NY. That is allot of claims

After an audit you will find that only a few will be negligent. This will become a political football, elections are coming and it is a away to throw stones.

In Tulsa you have a "wait" of 2 weeks or less. I sometimes ahve to wait a month for my dermotolgist.

For example after many studies it ws found that the IRS did not target conservative groups, another example of shoot -aim fire.

People will be surprised that the Phoenix list was a small part of the 9 million VA's that file.

Let's all wait and see what hapens before we convict. Congress has a allot to do with money and staff for VA.
Thanks for your input and you obviously have visited some of the facilities in question. Me too. I have seen the best and worst of the VA in these parts. The Tulsa facility on 41st and Mingo is a pretty good facility that has a lot of people who try their best IMO. Its pretty small and they can't perform more than bloodwork and some basic exams.

But the further from that facility the worse. Muskogee got a "rabid rating" of "C+". The waits were longer and the attention to detail wasn't anything to write home about. But my main problem with the Muskogee VA was its location. Why in the world would a publicly run facility with a large "base' of clients in eastern Oklahoma be located there in the first place. Most of the VETs are much closer to Tulsa and wouldn't it make sense that a medical facility would be located where the most patients actually "are"? But of course that facility was constructed for political purposes rather than "logic". Politicians wet their beaks first - thanks Carl!

But by far the worst grade goes to the OKC hospital. I don't know if any of you have "visited" there, but I did one time and I'll never go back. Long lines of 70-80 year old"heros" waiting to see a doctor. Now that might be somewhat OK, but when they have to stand in line on walkers, canes, crutches etc in pain, thats entirely different. OUR appointment time was 10:30 and we finally saw the doctor at 4:30, then the long return drive. But by far the worst thing was the rude and disrespectful attitude of the people who work there. They all seemed like they had a chip on their shoulder and could care less about the VETs. It was "get behind the blue line" or "you'll get your turn buddy" or "get out of the way". What kind of vermin work in these places? Oh, I guess the kind we'll get under single payer. . . . . . . . . ."NEXT!?"

Shinsecki is now out. Obama "graceously" accepts his resignation. What a crock! He walks the plank so the media can kill the story and Obama gets bulletproof cover for his "ignorance" of the VA problems (that was forgotten as an issue after the campaign of 2008 was done). Thanks Barry!

Oh, and this comes just after his retreat speech at West Point - nice timing. Just in time for the weekend and maybe a little golf or basketball. Hey its Friday and you gotta plan something for that weekend.

This post was edited on 5/30 1:05 PM by rabidTU

Something that should have been brought up, but obviously hasn't in all the VA scandal is that Obama came out a while back "protecting" the arab terrorists who had undergone enhanced interrogation ( for information that would protect american lives on and off the battlefield).

So Obama went to bat and protected those that have sworn to destroy us, but wouldn't clean up an organization that is paid to help and heal our wounded warriors. Where is the media with some questions about that?

IMO

This post was edited on 5/30 1:06 PM by rabidTU

The lieberals consisitently make the same excuses about why the VA can't do its job effectively. One is that the number of wounded warriors coming home have flooded the system to the point that it can't handle all of them. But thats hogwash. Compared to WWII when we had over 16 million soldiers fighting on two fronts, the numbers today are miniscule in comparison. No, its the will and the broken system that is the problem and that goes directly to the Oval Office at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. That's where the buck used to stop, but evidently no more.

another official in "this" Administtration "falls on his sword"

This post was edited on 5/31 6:09 PM by aTUfan

This post was edited on 5/31 6:10 PM by aTUfan

This post was edited on 5/31 6:11 PM by aTUfan

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT