ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT New Era

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So as promised, the US is playing a frenetic high pressure vs Panama tonight. Already I like the renewed energy and focus the US seems to be playing with. Aidan Morris and Busio with starts in the MF along with Musah and Jedi (US is playing a 3-4-2-1 with Jedi playing more of an outside wing. So far everyone, with the exception of Morris, seems up to the task. Morris just hasn't been crisp in his passing. US has created some dynamic attack. Panama hasn't done much. Any time they seem to make a run or build an attack the US defense has been there.

I expect McKennie to come on in the 2nd half. Hopefully he does so for Morris.

Despite some sloppy passes in the first half on the defensive end it has been a good performance.

Excellent volley by Musah for the winning goal and a late insurance goal by Pepi to seal the deal. I know it inconsequential but it’s nice to see a coach on the sideline who’s not wearing an old T-shirt and a week’s growth of beard.

Reactions: quincy101
Excellent volley by Musah for the winning goal and a late insurance goal by Pepi to seal the deal. I know it inconsequential but it’s nice to see a coach on the sideline who’s not wearing an old T-shirt and a week’s growth of beard.
Be nice to see how they fare against Mexico with the new coach.

Kind of reminds me of Burrhalter's "build from the back" as we spent most of the time kicking it back & forth at midfield. Still, I noticed a tougher effort on 50/50 balls and overall play and think it will get better with all our injured starters back in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT