ADVERTISEMENT

Updating the cost of climate change

watu05

I.T.S. Senior
Mar 19, 2021
The argument that it's "too expensive" to address climate change is increasingly debunked by multiple studies. Acting now has short term issues but with upsides (new technologies and jobs) while doing zip will result in permanent changes. Here's just the latest study.

“bc if people knew oil is THE ULTIMATE SELF REPLENISHING RENEWABLE RESOURCE THEYD FLIP & WE’LL LOSE NOT ONLY OUR MORAL AUTHORITY WE’LL LOSE OUR GRIFT!” The real alarmists behind/funding climate alarmists

“bc if people knew oil is THE ULTIMATE SELF REPLENISHING RENEWABLE RESOURCE THEYD FLIP & WE’LL LOSE NOT ONLY OUR MORAL AUTHORITY WE’LL LOSE OUR GRIFT!” The real alarmists behind/funding climate alarmists
My grandfather who was a vp of geology at exxon/esso & the majority of other oil execs predicted many years back that we would be out of oil 30 years later. Then we found ways of going deeper. Finding ways of going deeper is only going to keep us in oil for so long, and then we will be out of oil. We are using at a rate that far exceeds the supply in the earth's crust. Those same executives have looked at studies by scientists that they funded, and now have it occurring 28 years from now. We have pushed it about 70-80 years further into the future by finding ways to drill deeper. But it will happen. The one thing the oil execs and scientists know is that the oil supply, despite finding ways to dig deeper,(more supply) is far too small. Our usage rate won't let it replenish itself before it runs out. It takes 1000's of years to make the supply that we will use up in about 300 years. We are still using dinosaurs decomposed corpses if that gives you a clue. So you stfu about things you haven't a clue about.

Reactions: Clong83a
My grandfather who was a vp of geology at exxon/esso & the majority of other oil execs predicted many years back that we would be out of oil 30 years later. Then we found ways of going deeper. Finding ways of going deeper is only going to keep us in oil for so long, and then we will be out of oil. We are using at a rate that far exceeds the supply in the earth's crust. Those same executives have looked at studies by scientists that they funded, and now have it occurring 28 years from now. We have pushed it about 70-80 years further into the future by finding ways to drill deeper. But it will happen. The one thing the oil execs and scientists know is that the oil supply, despite finding ways to dig deeper,(more supply) is far too small. Our usage rate won't let it replenish itself before it runs out. It takes 1000's of years to make the supply that we will use up in about 300 years. We are still using dinosaurs decomposed corpses if that gives you a clue. So you stfu about things you haven't a clue about.
FYI, we didn’t really go “deeper” than we were 30 years ago….

A few years ago I was in charge of reviewing and approving plans for the abandonment of some of the deepest producing wells in the US (+24,000 ft True Vertical Depth). These were wells from the 70’s and not many similar wells throughout the US have been drilled since. Let me tell you that drilling, producing, and abandoning these “ultra deep” wells is a real challenge due to the pressures and temperatures involved.

By contrast, it has become fairly common place in the past 30 years, with advancements in the technology and practices around fracking and horizontal drilling, to go down 6,000 ft and horizontal 2 or more miles (so ~17,000 ft of total wellbore length)

This has nothing to do with the imbecile above…. I just wanted to provide some clarification. Recovery rates since the days of Hubbert and his “peak oil” analysis have gone up substantially because of horizontal drilling and fracking (and to a lesser degree water and C02 injection recovery techniques), not deeper reservoirs. Thus extending the window till we reach “peak oil”

I actually think that market economics for energy and us realizing that we shouldn’t be using carbon for certain applications will help us reach “peak oil” before our ability to find enough producible oil begins to decline.

Last edited:
That’s not true. Oil replenishes itself in a little as 10 years.

Here’s the thing the real people of the industry know why the term fossil fuel was created & why would they knock it they don’t want you to know how plentiful it is either they’re not going to outright deceive you but why would they engage in anything that would devalue what they’re selling?

That’s not true. Oil replenishes itself in a little as 10 years.
Ok, my Grandfather who was vp of geology for exxon was wrong along with all the other oil execs and scientists. So are others on here that have worked in the oil industry. I trust you know better. :rolleyes: You distrust anybody that says anything other than what you believe. The fact is that most of what you believe is absolute blather. Whatever oil that is produced in 10 years does not keep up with the worlds use. And oil doesn't replenish itself. It is produced by processes that have nothing to do with the existing oil other than that they were both produced by the same process..

Last edited:
Ok, my Grandfather who was vp of geology for exxon was wrong along with all the other oil execs and scientists. So are others on here that have worked in the oil industry. I trust you know better. :rolleyes: You distrust anybody that says anything other than what you believe. The fact is that most of what you believe is absolute blather. Whatever oil that is produced in 10 years does not keep up with the worlds use. And oil doesn't replenish itself. It is produced by processes that have nothing to do with the existing oil other than that they were both produced by the same process..
There are land men who have drilled on the same plots 2x & 3x no dry holes ask around. Same drilling unit they might change the depth slightly but it doesn’t come up dry. The division of interest is the exact same; there might be some JOA or probates that have changed some but overall geographically it’s the exact same.

There are land men who have drilled on the same plots 2x & 3x no dry holes ask around. Same drilling unit they might change the depth slightly but it doesn’t come up dry. The division of interest is the exact same; there might be some JOA or probates that have changed some but overall geographically it’s the exact same.
I have Uncles who have been rig workers, and drilled their own wells, aside from my grandfather being a geologist, and you claim to know more than them. My grandfather is the exec that handed over the North Campus to TU. Bye again.

When the term fossil fuel was coined oil was primarily used as a lubricant. The term fossil fuel is to give the impression that something living had to die for it to exist. That’s not true, though.

• Haha
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Next time I’m in one of these counties I’ll image the files just for this I can’t wait. Hell I could get on deillinginfo right now lol I think that would be wrong tho

When the term fossil fuel was coined oil was primarily used as a lubricant. The term fossil fuel is to give the impression that something living had to die for it to exist. That’s not true, though.
Abiogenic OIl
Quote from above wiki entry: 'Scientific evidence overwhelmingly supports a biogenic origin for most of the world's petroleum deposits.'

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter anyway because soon there will be technology that seems like magic it’ll have exponential energy output with exhaust so clean you could sell it to hospitals giving oxygen treatments. Technically it already exists

Democrats will freak too this is the same reason they’re against nuclear they can’t lose their climate crisis. These people are a function of the devil.

Democrats will freak too this is the same reason they’re against nuclear they can’t lose their climate crisis. These people are a function of the devil.
This is the true goal of climate crises:

A function of the Devil. Employed by the Death Cult (Democrats)

Yep this guy,(Col Prouty) who was in the military for most of his career. and is affiliated with the Church of Scientology, he never worked in the oil industry. He knows more than all of the execs of the oil companies in the world. He is definitely who I would stake my beliefs in. 🤣

A goodnight to you in ward 8.

Yep this guy,(Col Prouty) who was in the military for most of his career. and is affiliated with the Church of Scientology, he never worked in the oil industry. He knows more than all of the execs of the oil companies in the world. He is definitely who I would stake my beliefs in. 🤣

A goodnight to you in ward 8.
That’s just one video idk who that guy is the part he’s talking about there is true though

Okay buddy,

I am a licensed professional engineer with degrees in Petroleum Engineering and Geoscience. I have worked alongside numerous other engineers, geologists, land men, attorneys, regulators, governors, oil company VP’s and CEO’s. Many with decades of experience.

I have family members who were in the petroleum industry since the 40’s who are / were directors of Geology, Engineering, and Land Management and have worked across the globe. Continental US, Russia, North Africa, Middle East, North Sea, South America.

You are wrong. Petroleum products are created from carbon. The most prevalent sources of carbon on the planet are biological, from algae all the way to fibrous plants. Most of the world’s oil and gas is biologic from its genesis. (Mainly from historic algae / sea growth buried for millions of years at high temp / pressure)

Last edited:
Okay buddy,

I am a licensed professional engineer with degrees in Petroleum Engineering and Geoscience. I have worked alongside numerous other engineers, geologists, land men, attorneys, regulators, governors, oil company VP’s and CEO’s. Many with decades of experience.

I have family members who were in the petroleum industry since the 40’s who are / were directors of Geology, Engineering, and Land Management and have worked across the globe. Continental US, Russia, North Africa, Middle East, North Sea, South America.

You are wrong. Petroleum products are created from carbon. The most prevalent sources of carbon on the planet are biological, from algae all the way to fibrous plants. Most of the world’s oil and gas is biologic from its genesis. (Mainly from historic algae / sea growth buried for millions of years at high temp / pressure)
Nah, he found some guy on twitter that disagrees, so game, set, and match go to him.

I also worked in the petroleum industry for a while. I have an engineering degree, and I was briefly enrolled in the graduate program at TU for Petroleum Engineering. I left and got my PhD in a different field from a different school, but I've been to SPE conferences, and have some experience in the industry on both a practical and academic level.

I am not nearly as knowledgeable as a whole as others on here, but I'll chime in my bit of expertise to assert the above poster is so far afield that it's no longer even funny and I have some genuine concerns for welfare.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT