ADVERTISEMENT

UM Prediction and Game Thread

Horne needs to stop... his shots are off and he needs to let the offense flow before taking a quick shot

I am particularly irritated that we are just close enough that I cannot change the channel. Kind of like the false hope that kept me at the SMU game.

Good effort but scoreboard doesn’t change unless we put it in the basket.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Jeez Frank how long are you going to shed points with the no talent fk K in the lineup

Jeez Frank how long are you going to shed points with the no talent fk K in the lineup
I think he has played pretty well. Very scrappy. Active hands. Some dumb mistakes but he is not alone in that.

Memphis cannot pass or handle a press. Need to use every one on the bench to press them.

Well, within 9 points at half is better than I expected

Is this Griffin youngster for real?

Wow.

Not in any good way.

He is not bad. But... Holy Toledo. Young man's game is limited. He wouldn't have seen much PT before 2003. Wow.

This is all really sad, folks.

So glad you have no expectations
The line is 13.5
Fans like you have accepted mediocrity

Good night.
Will check out The Office - re-run #10,000...

Hope the admin makes changes after this year. Feel sorry for....

Us!!

Meanwhile a mediocre OSU team that was frankly lucky to win at ORU by one is tied with KU early in the second half
I think Boynton is a fraud and a cheat but he can recruit and coach

Disappointing halftime score after that first 5 minutes. Both teams really helter skelter that first half in a turnover fest. The bright spot has been Special K, good defense and 7 boards. He was only credited with one block but he altered a bunch of shots. Haywood 0-3 from deep along with Horne catching the ball behind the arc then stepping up to make it a 2 then missing are the lowlights. We need to keep defending tough and take care of the ball in the second half. Despite the 18-5 free throw differential the refs haven’t been bad, the exception is that mugging Jeriah got with no call.

Memphis when pressured, turns it over. At lest keep half court press on them. Haywood needs to hit 5 straight 3’s. He is due.

And a terrible start to the second half
And amazingly Frank he who never calls times out calls one
Please please please fire this clown
Maybe I should donate my pricey season tickets to a fund to buy our his contract

We had a 10-0 lead just a couple minutes in and then Haith inexplicably starts the early crazy subs. Prichard should not come out unless he can't move. The offense flows so much better with him running the point.
Agreed on Pritchard. Haith making horrible subs is a given and I plan it in to my expectations, but it was the best first 10 minutes I have seen this team play before that.

Again Haith has his team ready for the first 5 minutes of the second half. How many times do we see this. I suspect Larry Brown helped at halftime. Toby not so much.

We are in danger of breaking a NCAA record. I can’t find any record of a team starting out with a 10-0 lead and losing by 20. Need to really start playing defense.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Just ugly and uglier
Rick D
You may finally get it when there is an empty arena for Wichita State except for 6k fans for them
This has got its stop and you have the power

Reactions: drboobay
Time to queue the “game thoughts” thread.

Minimal talent on offense, and too small on interior D.

Seems the refs are calling the Memphis reach-in fouls now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT