ADVERTISEMENT

Uh game thread

Dane has to see that player right in front of him there. Not like the guy came from the back side. He was right there in front of him.

Well that sucks. The fact he scored means at least we have a chance to drive down to send to OT. Had he been tackled within play they could've had bled clock and kicked fg to end game.

Reactions: Raisin_Cane
Evans, qbs learn not to hold a football like in 5th grade... You're a senior!!!

Tough, tough loss but I don't think anyone expected it to be this close. TU should have won but they should be able to be a bowl team this year.
I expected it to be close and for us to have a chance to win. This team is a bunch of gritty gamers and they found out there are more gritty gamers waiting in the wings. All anyone could do was talk about how freaking good Houston's DL was. Yeah, they're good, but we also made some plays against it. Our OL played really well in pass protection IMO. That last strip sack was not the OLs fault...Dane had the ball for 4-5 seconds. Best I've seen our guys pick up the blitz this year too. Kick coverage was pretty good. We found a 4th WR which should create some issues. Flanders can be a feature back too. There were lots of really good things. We made one critical mistake and that was the difference.

So, a substitution violation is not reviewable?? I don't know?
I remember having touchdown withdrawn from us at UCF one year for a play that was reviewed to show we had 12 men on the field. Maybe they changed the rule.

We'll probably get an apology from the league sometime about Wednesday. Also, players can't just run off the field at any point...technically supposed to go off between the 25s (may be the 30s) in order for it to be a legal substitution.

Too many players on field cost us in the CUSA Championship game several years ago against UCF. It is/was reviewable then.... bull:crap:!

The L sucks but hard not to be proud of this team's progress.

We have a solid chance to win every game left on the schedule and still have a shot to win the conference title with another Houston loss in the AAC.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Gooooo Memphis!

(Memphis beats Navy, We beat Memphis, We beat Navy, Memphis beats Houston: We tie Memphis for first w/ head to head tie-breaker.)

Reactions: TU_BLA
The defense did a great job. I don't think Houston had any big yardage plays that I can remember. We crunched him hard a few times where he was slow getting up. Dane in my opinion was the better quarterback of the two out there today. Doesn't feel like a loss, just feels like we needed 5 more seconds or 6 more inches to have tied it. Tough drop by dane when we were marching for the win, but even defeat this team gives you excitement and optimism.

The Houston fans posting on social media about this game and it's ending are pretty entertaining... you can tell they haven't watched much football until just recently.

So many positives, despite sadness over being so close and death of Dennis Byrd by a 17-yr old driver. 1.only 4 or 5 penalties after 17 last week. Glad that's fixed.
2.You just knew Keenan Johnson would be a star from the git-go
3.Speaking of stars-give several to Uhles & Pagonis for shoring up right side of O-line.
Dare I say it: they may be better than Wright & Belcher.
4.Will this help recruiting in South Texas? Is the Pope Argentinian?
5.On the road, 13th ranked team, loudest of any crowd this year, lose 1st team RB
early and Flanders steps up big time.
6.Still hate all things Houston. I said it last year & I'll say it again: without Ward, UH wins
7 games. Of course, count Oliver on D as another superhuman freak.
7.Their coach kisses on the cheek each coach & player as they leave the locker room.
Alrighty then. After last night, he better start giving Ward a full-frontal juicy one, with
tongue.
8.Speaking of Herman, he leaves and he better inherit a Gary Ward, Jr. or he will suck as a coach. Almost choked on complementing TU & just gushed over how his great team
had all the blah,blah,blah to win( 13th ranked, at home over a 3TD underdog).
9.Feel free to add to this list, I'm going to take a nap. TU Football:1st,last,always!

We'll probably get an apology from the league sometime about Wednesday. Also, players can't just run off the field at any point...technically supposed to go off between the 25s (may be the 30s) in order for it to be a legal substitution.
Not only were there probably 13 guys on defense at the snap, it also looked to me like at least one guy was off sides as he was through the line by Dane's first step back.

Reactions: ShaneB72
Not only were there probably 13 guys on defense at the snap, it also looked to me like at least one guy was off sides as he was through the line by Dane's first step back.

I was at the game so of course got no replay at the time.
I had moved on from the loss until I saw the replay with the extra men and the offsides. I guess the refs were trying to make it out alive because 15 seconds and 1 yard were going to OT.

We had 2 chances from the 1 yard line to score and didn't get in. Yeah the refs blew the call with houston's defense extras trotting off the field when we snapped the ball. Plain as day they still had guys out there, but when we had 2 chances to score from the 1 yard line, you gotta find a way to score there. And the pass to the goal line should have been to a receiver already in the end zone. Small things that cost us the game by the smallest of margins. I don't blame the refs, it's just a matter of coming up a few inches and seconds short. If the game was 10 seconds longer, we might've tied it. Might not, hard to say. I just hate that we never can win the clutch games from one decade to the next. I haven't seen Tulsa beat a top 25 team since the mid 90s and I"m getting sick of losing to them. Pull an upset once a decade for crying out loud.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT