ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN -4

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
This is a big one. Can't afford a hangover from Saturday's loss.

Key to winning last time was holding Boatright to 8 points. We also need the all-conference version of Shaq, not the hobbled version that was afraid to drive against SMU.

Boatright is the key. UCONN seems to key on him scoring 20 pts. While UCONN plays 8, their quality depth is limited. Brimah can be had and is not very effective on the offensive end unless he's picking up offensive boards/put backs. UCONN's defense is suspect, IMO.

Just remembered that the UCONN game is the one where Rashad Ray kept breaking Boatright's ankles with the corssover dribble and hesitations. I think I counted at least 3 distinct times where Boatright fell trying to guard Ray, one was about 40 feet from the basket.

Ray can be key if Boatright guards him as he is regarded as their best perimeter defender meaning you have someone else trying to contain Shaq and Juice. UCONN's guards are not big and overall they are not as long as SMU or Cincinnati, nor do they utilize the length advantage in certain positions effectively (i.e Brimah).

Just looked at the XL Center site. All tickets for UCONN games there are $36. Floor, upper, sideline. ALL. Plus a $3 handling fee. There appear to be a ton of tickets still available for tonight's game.

EDIT: OH THE HUMANITY! Just found out they tore down the mall that you used to walk through to get into the arena.
This post was edited on 2/12 3:45 PM by TU_BLA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT