ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa World Editorial - Tulsa Football

Well, you can only assblast Broken Arrow city council or Gov. BullSchitt every other day in the editorial.
Don't get me started on the BA City Council. I really want to go to a meeting and put them on blast and tear down every single one of their arguments. Hell, I could destroy Whimpie/Wimpie in a debate in 45 seconds.

I would gladly pay you on Tuesday for an unmasked hamburger today.
You can go anywhere in the Rose District and catch COVID in any one of their shops for free.

We usually do a decent portion of shopping on small business Saturday in the Rose to get unique gifts for folks. We did not this year. My wife went in to downtown Tulsa and Brookside despite not being convenient to us to support more local businesses simply because of Tulsa's mask mandate and BA being stupid and ridiculous.

We're trying to isolate now so we can see her family for Christmas. We'll see. Just found out my sister in law has tested positive and my brother in law (my wife's brother) has symptoms in St. Louis...so maybe we're not going anywhere.

You can go anywhere in the Rose District and catch COVID in any one of their shops for free.

We usually do a decent portion of shopping on small business Saturday in the Rose to get unique gifts for folks. We did not this year. My wife went in to downtown Tulsa and Brookside despite not being convenient to us to support more local businesses simply because of Tulsa's mask mandate and BA being stupid and ridiculous.

We're trying to isolate now so we can see her family for Christmas. We'll see. Just found out my sister in law has tested positive and my brother in law (my wife's brother) has symptoms in St. Louis...so maybe we're not going anywhere.

Two of our favorite bars in midtown are closing down and not even about to step foot inside for one last coldie. Sucks. How the Rose District business owners haven't put the kibosh on those BA council jackals is beyond me.

My father in law rented a non refundable ten bedroom “cabin” for his extended family to enjoy for Xmas. Without asking anyone.

Mrs Huffy pitched a fit over being forced to cohort with so many people for a week. I just nodded and said nothing knowing it would never happen because of the irresponsible folks in the family and my firm belief my father in law deserves the consequences of all his self congratulatory moves, such as assuming we would want to spend Xmas with him and not at a bowl game.

Sure enough the sister in law takes her boys to a wrestling tournament two weeks ago, then five days later to a family birthday party, including my in laws. They’ve all got it. Daddy is out $5,000 and I’m headed to Birmingham. #winning

I wouldn’t go to Birmingham to piss on it if it was on fire. Have fun. 🤣

Reactions: HuffyCane
Two of our favorite bars in midtown are closing down and not even about to step foot inside for one last coldie. Sucks. How the Rose District business owners haven't put the kibosh on those BA council jackals is beyond me.
We ordered from Andolini's in downtown BA a few weeks back. Place was pretty full and not much spacing. At least the staff was wearing masks. I get you're not going to see a ton of masks in restaurants simply because of the nature of the business. We also ordered from Rib Crib on Kenosha and Main (it's simply the closest one to us). That place was jam packed and no distancing whatsover. Downtown BA has a ton of kitschy little shops that have became trendy to shop at and there's usually a good deal of business on Saturday afternoons...not going anywhere near them. We've done almost all of our shopping and take out from places in Tulsa recently.

What bars are closing in midtown?

My father in law rented a non refundable ten bedroom “cabin” for his extended family to enjoy for Xmas. Without asking anyone.

Mrs Huffy pitched a fit over being forced to cohort with so many people for a week. I just nodded and said nothing knowing it would never happen because of the irresponsible folks in the family and my firm belief my father in law deserves the consequences of all his self congratulatory moves, such as assuming we would want to spend Xmas with him and not at a bowl game.

Sure enough the sister in law takes her boys to a wrestling tournament two weeks ago, then five days later to a family birthday party, including my in laws. They’ve all got it. Daddy is out $5,000 and I’m headed to Birmingham. #winning
Is this the one that drank your expensive boos like water?

They’re having wrestling tournaments still? Isn’t that just like a COVID smorgasbord?

They’re having wrestling tournaments still? Isn’t that just like a COVID smorgasbord?
Let's see...still having youth basketball and volleyball tournaments, wrestling meets, gymnastics meets. Soccer City and Titan are doing indoor futsal and soccer along with other training. I've been open to outdoor events as I can both distance myself easier and allow for air flow. Outdoor events do not seem to be a big issue. Our soccer team is in the midst of deciding whether or not to play indoor soccer in January/February or an outdoor 7v7 league during the same time. Right now the outdoor league is leading 8-2. I haven't voted yet since I am the moderator. I won't hesitate to cast a tie breaking vote for all of us to freeze our asses off if it means I don't have to gather indoors with people I don't know.

Let's see...still having youth basketball and volleyball tournaments, wrestling meets, gymnastics meets. Soccer City and Titan are doing indoor futsal and soccer along with other training. I've been open to outdoor events as I can both distance myself easier and allow for air flow. Outdoor events do not seem to be a big issue. Our soccer team is in the midst of deciding whether or not to play indoor soccer in January/February or an outdoor 7v7 league during the same time. Right now the outdoor league is leading 8-2. I haven't voted yet since I am the moderator. I won't hesitate to cast a tie breaking vote for all of us to freeze our asses off if it means I don't have to gather indoors with people I don't know.
Can the whole team wear long johns, team colored coveralls, a parka, and gloves?

Might not even need pads & shin guards.

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA
My son hates playing in the cold.

I remember doing a youth tournament in Muskogee.
There 2-3 inches on the ground and it was still snowing and about 25 degrees.
The 5th graders were so excited they couldn't be quiet or still... until about halfway through the 1st quarter.

Then they were hating life, complaining about their hands and feet hurting and the snow in their butt cracks.

Had I not been freezing my arse off, I would've been laughing it off, LOL.

Is this the one that drank your expensive boos like water?
Nope. The hillbillies are on my side. Her side is the gtl goombas and idiots. Who think getting out of NYC to get away from CoVid is a good idea and that putting 30 people under one roof for a week is a good way to do it.

Reactions: drboobay
Nope. The hillbillies are on my side. Her side is the gtl goombas and idiots. Who think getting out of NYC to get away from CoVid is a good idea and that putting 30 people under one roof for a week is a good way to do it.
All kinds of love for the family.

What bars are closing in midtown?

On the Rocks at 33rd & Yale just had their final celebration this weekend. QT has bought up the entire SW corner at 31st & Yale b/c midtown needs another homeless campground.

And from what I understand, Crow Creek's final night will be NYE. Yeah, Crow's been a total craphole for many years now, but I have a lot of good memories and met a lot of good people there as well. May try and sneak by there one afternoon this week when no one is there.

On the Rocks at 33rd & Yale just had their final celebration this weekend. QT has bought up the entire SW corner at 31st & Yale b/c midtown needs another homeless campground.

And from what I understand, Crow Creek's final night will be NYE. Yeah, Crow's been a total craphole for many years now, but I have a lot of good memories and met a lot of good people there as well. May try and sneak by there one afternoon this week when no one is there.
I didn't know about Crow's. Only went in there a couple of times. That location will have someone take it over...it's in too prime a location to remain vacant. Let's hope it is someone local and not some national chain.

I went there for a drink or two and a meal with my sister a couple of months ago. First time I'd been in there for at least 10 years. It really deserved its nickname Crow's Crack. Same here on good times years ago.

I always found On the Rocks to be an odd duck in an odd location. Only been in there twice, but the last time I ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen in years. So that was fortuitous. Now I can't remember who it was!

I didn't know about Crow's. Only went in there a couple of times. That location will have someone take it over...it's in too prime a location to remain vacant. Let's hope it is someone local and not some national chain.

Actually, the Aloiso family bought it so they can move Mondo's there. Pretty sure they're just gonna scrape the building and start new.

I always found On the Rocks to be an odd duck in an odd location. Only been in there twice, but the last time I ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen in years. So that was fortuitous. Now I can't remember who it was!

We went in there about five years ago out of curiosity and ended up semi-regulars and knowing the bartenders. Plus, they always had happy hour food. Pretty sure it was a Taco Bueno or KFC some 100 years ago. QT already leveled the old Egg Roll Express next door so I assume On the Cocks is next.

We went in there about five years ago out of curiosity and ended up semi-regulars and knowing the bartenders. Plus, they always had happy hour food. Pretty sure it was a Taco Bueno or KFC some 100 years ago. QT already leveled the old Egg Roll Express next door so I assume On the Cocks is next.
Yeah, it was 2013ish when I went in there the last time. What kind of food did put out for happy hour?

Thinking harder it might have been closer to 20 year's on Crow's Crack.

The old lady and two cooks at that Egg Roll Express bought me a graduation card back in the day. They had my lemon chicken dished up before I got to the counter most times I would enter. Not that I was a regular.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
Yeah, it was 2013ish when I went in there the last time. What kind of food did put out for happy hour?

They'd do a taco spread at least twice a week. Another day they'd order pizza and some regular would occasionally bring in a ton of BBQ. But bare minimum you could count on beanie weenies and chips/salsa/queso. So nothing great, but at least it would keep me from getting too loaded on the booze.

The old lady and two cooks at that Egg Roll Express bought me a graduation card back in the day. They had my lemon chicken dished up before I got to the counter most times I would enter. Not that I was a regular.

The governor's shrimp was always my go-to. When I was young, dumb, and poor, I'd settle for an egg roll and order of beef sticks.

Actually, the Aloiso family bought it so they can move Mondo's there. Pretty sure they're just gonna scrape the building and start new.
Crow Creek = where I met Mrs. Drboobay.

We were both attending a bachelorette party for Lori Shell/Fullbright from channel 6. Funny thing is neither of us knew Lori at the time. Long story!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT