ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa vs UCF

Taplin is better than Birt. But has always been streaky. If you have to depend on him you live and die by which shows up. We need to upgrade. Think that’s why Joiner is getting more minutes. But he’s not th shooter Tap can be at times. But Tao’s play in the last two minutes was poor at best

Reactions: Original TULSAFAN
dammit, you’ve got to get a shot there. Shoot the three for the win and if you miss try for the offensive board to tie. Taplin tried to make way too many tough passes the last 5 minutes of the game. Proud of the guys but frustrated at the same time.

On that last play, Scott was open at the top and calling for the ball for a 3 point shot. He was 2 for 2 from 3 today, and had just made a 3 a few seconds earlier, so that's where Taplin's pass should have gone.

dammit, you’ve got to get a shot there. Shoot the three for the win and if you miss try for the offensive board to tie. Taplin tried to make way too many tough passes the last 5 minutes of the game. Proud of the guys but frustrated at the same time.

On that last play, Scott was open at the top and calling for the ball for a 3 point shot. He was 2 for 2 from 3 today, and had just made a 3 a few seconds earlier, so that's where Taplin's pass should have gone.
Jeffries was open too with a good pass.

Really P.O.ed that Haith didn't give it his all and get thrown out of the game today. I figure if we won our last game that way...

Reactions: nevadanatural
Down two on the road to a top team , I would try to win it with a three. Scott is ice water at end of games.

Reactions: drboobay
I thought one of the biggest moments today was when Tulsa spread the ball beautifully in the half court to find a wide open Joiner at the top of the key...

This was in the 2nd half

He misses.

Heard, Swanson, Harrington , Woodard, etc all make that shot.

It was just Poetic - in the tragic way.

Memories, from the misty colored waters of original fan's mind. Why don't you just put on a vcr loop from that season, and leave the board to it's own devices.

Reactions: ctt8410
I think what we’re doing defensively and what we have in terms of offense, we’re not necessarily being out talented. We still haven’t played a full 40 minutes at top form or top intensity and focus. I think we have at best played 35 minutes. Today it was about 32 really good minutes. I unfortunately saw very little of the game because the ESPN Watch function crapped out on my phone.

Talent is more than the physical ability... talent is the mental part as well..

Talent is playing all 40 minutes of the game at the same intensity and focus..

We may have ballers but we don’t have gamers.. when they have the chance to twist the knife, they pull it out and give the guy a band aid.

I’m sorry but you can’t teach “it”.. you either have “it” or you don’t.

I see it in my sons baseball team. We have one pitcher with a phenomenal fastball, but, once he’s ahead in the count he tries to get cute and loses the batter to a walk. He’s done this as long as I’ve known him going back to 13u ball.
We have another with a so so fastball and a bunch of nasty breaking crap, he had the best win percentage, whip, and era last year. Why? Because he keeps attacking the batters. Occasionally he give up a hit, but, he’s not afraid to force the action and put the ball in play. Fly outs and infield double plays are as good as Ks.
The first kid gets behind and starts to lose his control. The second one gets behind and keeps throwing his stuff. One does his best to pass the ball off when he gets in a jam, the other says give me the freaking ball.

Which one has “it”?

Talent is more than the physical ability... talent is the mental part as well..

Talent is playing all 40 minutes of the game at the same intensity and focus..

We may have ballers but we don’t have gamers.. when they have the chance to twist the knife, they pull it out and give the guy a band aid.

I’m sorry but you can’t teach “it”.. you either have “it” or you don’t.

I see it in my sons baseball team. We have one pitcher with a phenomenal fastball, but, once he’s ahead in the count he tries to get cute and loses the batter to a walk. He’s done this as long as I’ve known him going back to 13u ball.
We have another with a so so fastball and a bunch of nasty breaking crap, he had the best win percentage, whip, and era last year. Why? Because he keeps attacking the batters. Occasionally he give up a hit, but, he’s not afraid to force the action and put the ball in play. Fly outs and infield double plays are as good as Ks.
The first kid gets behind and starts to lose his control. The second one gets behind and keeps throwing his stuff. One does his best to pass the ball off when he gets in a jam, the other says give me the freaking ball.

Which one has “it”?

Greg Harrington. Scott actually shows some ice water in his veins in late game spots but need to see more there. Our recruiters the last few years needed to look for that ingredient more.

Reactions: noble cane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT