ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa vs UCF

We’re fighting. We could have collapsed when they went up 7 but we didn’t. No matter the outcome I’m proud of the guys.

As UCONN Husky says on the conference board “cheating refs gonna cheat”.

Jeffries has to be ready for that pass. It would have tied game

I’m ready to try a new HC. This year was supposed to be our best chance to go to an ncaa after several years of mediocrity and looking ahead it doesn’t look much brighter. Not even sure we’ll be an NIT team this season. I don’t think you can miss the postseason 3 consecutive years and underperform even when you do have good teams, but expect to keep coaching.

We can play with anyone on the conference. Question is whether or not we show up focused and ready to play.

UCF hits their last 6 free throws. That’s how you win games. And these guys are like 300th in the country in free throws made

Reactions: Original TULSAFAN
I’m ready to try a new HC. This year was supposed to be our best chance to go to an ncaa after several years of mediocrity and looking ahead it doesn’t look much brighter. Not even sure we’ll be an NIT team this season. I don’t think you can miss the postseason 3 consecutive years and underperform even when you do have good teams, but expect to keep coaching.
Odd time to attack the coach considering we’re fighting for a win on the road against the preseason number 1 and Haith has done a very good coaching job.

Reactions: TULOYAL
We can play with anyone on the conference. Question is whether or not we show up focused and ready to play.
Odd time to attack the coach considering we’re fighting for a win on the road against the preseason number 1 any Haith has done a very good coaching job.
franks best game so far imo
He lost this in the recruiting game

There is a difference between playing “with” and playing “better”...

We are still not ready for prime time.

Taplin two drive mistakes for a Senior. No make that three.

Taplin just cost us another game. He is not the player he was last year. Late games he just dribbles and dribbles. Too bad.

Thanks Taplin for costing us the game. Should, once again, have shot it. F.....

dammit, you’ve got to get a shot there. Shoot the three for the win and if you miss try for the offensive board to tie. Taplin tried to make way too many tough passes the last 5 minutes of the game. Proud of the guys but frustrated at the same time.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW

There is a difference between playing “with” and playing “better”...

We are still not ready for prime time.
I think what we’re doing defensively and what we have in terms of offense, we’re not necessarily being out talented. We still haven’t played a full 40 minutes at top form or top intensity and focus. I think we have at best played 35 minutes. Today it was about 32 really good minutes. I unfortunately saw very little of the game because the ESPN Watch function crapped out on my phone.

Tap with correct move. Jeffries needs better hands on both those plays

too many turnovers by Taplin. A good as his 3 point shooting was in the first half, he simply blew the game in the second half. At the end, he had to pass the ball earlier or simply shoot at the end. This was a perfect scenario - Fall fouling out, limited minutes for Dawkins and Taylor. Of course, UCF has a center step up with uncanny shooting in the second half.

Very tough to win on the road. TU came close to today but is mired at 2-4 and tough to string to together wins. The first half of the conference schedule is crazy difficult, but will it matter when the second half lighter schedule comes around.

Taplin is Birt. A couple of good plays but is just not good enough to be on the court. His graduation cannot get here fast enough. He is really hurting this team with his play and his non-leadership ability.

Taplin is Birt. A couple of good plays but is just not good enough to be on the court. His graduation cannot get here fast enough. He is really hurting this team with his play and his non-leadership ability.

Odd time to attack the coach considering we’re fighting for a win on the road against the preseason number 1 and Haith has done a very good coaching job.
They were an overrated preseason number one who just lost to a team ranked behind us. They also haven’t had a great home court advantage this season (losing to FAU at home)

It wasn’t just this game that prompted that comment either. It was getting blown out by a mediocre smu squad, pissing away a good win against Cincy with bad coaching, and not being prepared against Houston. Also the atrocious Southern Illinois loss.

Haith is no closer to getting this team to the NCAA’s than he has been since he had an NBA caliber player in Harrison on the team. I’m just not seeing progress at all. It’s the same song and dance with Haith every year and he’s not recruiting nearly to the level of our conference foes.

They were an overrated preseason number one who just lost to a team ranked behind us. They also haven’t had a great home court advantage this season (losing to FAU at home)

It wasn’t just this game that prompted that comment either. It was getting blown out by a mediocre smu squad, pissing away a good win against Cincy with bad coaching, and not being prepared against Houston. Also the atrocious Southern Illinois loss.

Haith is no closer to getting this team to the NCAA’s than he has been since he had an NBA caliber player in Harrison on the team. I’m just not seeing progress at all. It’s the same song and dance with Haith every year and he’s not recruiting nearly to the level of our conference foes.
It’s recruiting
He is getting most from the “talent”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT