ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa residents' NFL preference

brahmanknight

Serious Cat Circle of Honor
Sep 5, 2007
Is there a "default" NFL team preference in Tulsa? Is it the Cowboys or Chiefs, or some other team?

You can find fans of just about any team here but it's definetly a Cowboys leaning community.

Also if someone is an OU fan there is a good chance they're also a Cowboys AND a Cubs fan.Simply fans of conveneince.

I have never been a dallas goat roper fan...

The only good that has ever come out of the state texas were fball and bball players that have chosen to play in the state of Oklahoma!!!

There might be some disagreement about this, but that is okay.

Lots of St Louis kids go to TU, so some Rams fans around. KC too.

But yes, Dallas is what you'll find all over Walmart.

I disagree with your take el duran about if somebody is a Cowboys fan that they are also a OU and Cubs fan, I find that if you are usually a Cowboys fan then yes you probably already are a OU fan, but your MLB team is the Cardinals.

Possibly but i know numerous OU/Dallas/Cubs fans and none that are cards fans.The idea is that the cubs used to be on tv everyday so they grew up being fans of whatever was fed to the them instead of forming their own opinions.

Biggest Cowboys fans I knew were Rangers fans. I appreciate their geographic purity, and not just being whores for the better franchises.

While I lived in T-town, I despised the Cowboys, and was (and still am) a Vikings fans. As a kid, Minnesota held winter workouts at Skelly Stadium in the 70s when preparing for the playoffs, of which Tarkenton-led teams were a routine fixture. So, as a contrarian that I am, I became a Vikings fan.

I became a Dallas Cowboys fan as a child when Jerry Rhome, Tony Liscio and Willie Townes (all former TU players) played for them. They also started winning around 1966. Before that, I was a Cleveland Browns fan because Jim Brown was my favorite player before he retired.

In the 70's, Drew Pearson (another TU player) was a star for the Cowboys.

Dallas has remained my favorite NFL team but asshat Jerry Jones is making that very difficult.

I've always been a die-hard St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan. Don't see that ever changing.

KC Chiefs for me but more Dallas Cowboy fans then anything else. I will agree about the "Lots of OU/Cowboys fans" comment........really get sick of these people, including a few of my family members.

ditto with Cane-Man - life-long Cowboy fan. Only behind TU.

Im a huge Bengals fan but Im in the token minority with this one. Most I know in Tulsa are Cowboys or weirdly enough Raiders fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT